Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
Nuts are a healthy, tasty food!
坚果是一种健康、美味的食物!
So, why is it bad to drive someone to them?
那么,为什么开车送某人去找坚果是坏事呢?
Jonathan, do you have time today...
乔纳森,你今天有空吗...
Anna, I can't hear you. What is that noise in the background?
安娜,我听不见你说什么。背景里的噪音是什么?
It's a leaf blower. My neighbor uses it every day and it drives me nuts!
是吹叶机。我的邻居每天都用它。它快把我逼疯了!
Yes, that noise would make me crazy too.
是啊,那噪音也会让我发疯的。
What?
你说什么?
In this case, "nuts" means a little crazy.
在这个情景中,nuts的意思是有点疯狂。
And "drive" means "to make."
而drive的意思是to make。
So, to "drive someone nuts" means to make a person feel a little crazy, or even angry.
所以,drive someone nuts的意思是让一个人感到有点疯狂,甚至生气。
We mostly use this expression for not so serious things.
我们通常是用这个短语来形容不太严肃的事情。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!