手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

加里·佩顿的篮球名人堂演讲(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Everybody got this piece of paper, but they're gonna bring me up here with iPad. I hope it don't go out.

每个人上台手里都会拿着一张纸,但他们却让我拿一台iPad。我希望它不要一会儿就没电了。
First of all, I want to thank these two guys.
在最开始,我要感谢这两位。
George Gervin is basically my hero, I grew up to him.
乔治·格文可以说是我心目中的英雄。我是在他的影响下长大的。
When I was in Oakland, I had all his posters on my wall, cards, everything.
在奥克兰,我把他所有的海报都贴在我的墙上,还收集了他的卡片和所有与他有关的东西。
I was sneaking to Oakland Coliseum, and watch this man right here.
我还会偷偷溜到奥克兰体育馆,去看现在站在这里的这个人。
He's a dear friend of mine right now, and I just want to appreciate, thank you for even been here.
他现在是我的好朋友,我心怀感激,并且感谢你能来这里。
I've been getting a lot of slack for this guy here.
这边这个家伙,蹂躏过我很多次。
Everybody's been asking me why he is the toughest person to guard other than my crew, instead of Michael Jordan.
每个人都问我,除了我的队友,为什么他是最难防的人,而不是迈克尔·乔丹。
First of all, it's my opinion so that's the way it's going to go.
首先,这是我的个人观点,所以我就按我的个人观点陈述了。
Just a little short story about him.
有一个关于他的小故事。
He's the only guy, when I got in the NBA and I wasn't as good as I thought I was going to be for the first two years, I watched him.
当我进入NBA并且没有发挥出期望自己达到的水平的时候,他是唯一一个我关注的人。
And when I watched him, he's a player that all kids should watch right now.
当时我就看他的比赛,而现在的所有孩子也应该去看他的比赛。
I might have been more athletic than he was, but he did it the same way every night, every night.
我可能比他运动能力更好,但他每晚都发挥的一样棒,每晚都是。
For a guy, for him to only play 32 minutes, come in and shoot the ball 12 times, makes 9 or 10 of them shots,
这个家伙,每场只打32分钟左右,投12次篮,能命中其中9次或10次,
shoot 8 free throws and make 7 of them, and then have 15 assists and 4 steals.
罚8次篮能命中7次,然后再拿下15个助攻外加4次抢断。
That's the reason why he's the hardest person I ever had to guard, and that's why I respect him very much.
这就是为什么他是我对位过的最强硬的人,也是为什么我这么尊重他的原因。
First, I want to just thank God. If it wasn't for God, I wouldn't be here at this moment.
首先,我要感谢上帝。如果不是上帝的话,我现在就不会在这里了。
To the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, thank you for this honor.
感谢奈史密斯篮球名人堂,感谢你们给予我的这项荣誉。

加里·佩顿的篮球名人堂演讲

I am so excited to be here and be a member of the class of 2013.

我很高兴能来到这里,成为2013届名人堂成员中的一位。
I give my love to the fans all across the world who have supported me up to this very day.
同样的爱,要送给那些一直支持我到今天的全世界的球迷们。
My family played a big part in my success, and so many of them are here today.
我的家人是我取得成功的最重要的因素,今天他们当中有很多人都来到了现场。
This moment wouldn't be completed if I didn't recognize them.
如果没有他们,这一刻就不算完整。
They sacrificed a lot for me to get here.
为了让我站在今天这个位置,他们牺牲了很多。
To my moms and pops, Annie and Alfred Payton, thank you and I love you.
感谢我的父母,安妮·佩顿和阿尔弗雷德·佩顿,谢谢你们,我爱你们。
I'm more proud of you that you could ever be proud of me.
你们因我而自豪,但我更以你们为荣。
To my brothers and sisters, Greg, Sharon, Wynette and Alfred, basically we call Alfred "Pookie", so we all got out of him in our family.
感谢我的兄弟姐妹们,格雷格、莎伦、怀奈特和阿尔弗雷德,我们通常称呼阿尔弗雷德为“Pookie”,所以我们全家都想摆脱他。
You've always looked out for me and protected me, and you've never hesitated to check me when I was out of line.
你们总是照顾我,保护我,当我做错事的时候,你们也从没有犹豫要不要制止我。
George, you don't know, before I knew you was "Iceman", I had a brother could name "Iceman", he was pretty good and great.
乔治,你不知道哈,在我知道你被称为“冰人”之前,我有个哥哥就被叫做“冰人”,他也非常的厉害。
By the way, if anyone here wants to know where I get my personality,
顺便说一句,如果有人想知道我的个性从何而来,
just stop one of my siblings in the lobby, and it will become very clear why you know.
那你们只要在这里拦住我的其中一个兄弟姐妹,就明确知道答案了。
I want to thank my kids, Raquel, Gary Jr., Gary II, yeah, I had a George Foreman moment, yeah.
我要感谢我的孩子们,拉克尔、小加里、加里二世,没错,我现在有乔治·福尔曼的感觉了。
And my baby boy Julian, I love you.
还有我的小儿子朱利安,我爱你。
And I'm a better man by having this blessing of being your father.
有幸成为你们的父亲,将使我成为一个更好的男人。
Thank you for the laughter you bring and and for standing tall in the Payton's name.
感谢你们带来的欢笑,以及你们以佩顿这一姓氏昂首而立。
You all make me so happy and proud, I love you all.
你们所有人都让我很幸福、很骄傲,我爱你们。
To my lovely Miss Monique Payton, super mom, my former ex-wife, my best friend and my greatest supporter.
感谢我深爱的莫尼克·佩顿小姐,她是一位超级妈妈,我的前妻,我最好的朋友和我最坚定的支持者。
A mountain of gratitude will never be enough to match what you have given me.
再多的对你的感激之情,也不及你为我所做的一切。
You've been there when I wasn't the person I should have been, and still stay beside me.
当我还没有取得成就的时候,你就一直陪在我身边。
You know we'll love you always.
你知道的,我们永远爱着你。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
slack [slæk]

想一想再看

n. 松弛的部分,松散,淡季,中止
adj.

联想记忆
gratitude ['grætitju:d]

想一想再看

n. 感恩之心

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
blessing ['blesiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 祝福,祷告

 
athletic [æθ'letik]

想一想再看

adj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的

 
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。