Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
In the 1998 movie "The Truman Show," Truman Burbank does not know his whole life is a television show.
在1998年上映的电影《楚门的世界》中,楚门·伯班克不知道自己的一生就是一部电视节目。
Hidden cameras broadcast the Truman show 24 hours a day around the world.
隐藏摄像机每天24小时向全世界播放《楚门的世界》。
All the people in his life, including his wife, are actors.
他生活中的所有人,包括他的妻子,都是演员。
His hometown is really a stage.
他的家乡实际上是一个片场。
After observing strange events and behaviors, Truman begins to question his sanity.
在观察到奇怪的事件和行为后,楚门开始怀疑自己是否神志清醒。
Listen for the words "being spontaneous".
留意听一下being spontaneous这个短语。
Truman!
楚门!
Where shall we go? Where shall we go?
我们去哪里呢?我们去哪里呢?
Truman, where are we going?
楚门,我们要去哪儿啊?
I don't really know. I guess I'm being spontaneous.
我其实也不知道。我想我是心血来潮。
Somebody help me! I'm being spontaneous!
快来人帮帮我吧!我这是突发奇想啊!
What do you think "being spontaneous" means?
你觉得being spontaneous是什么意思呢?
Is it: A) acting in a way that causes trouble, or B) doing something that is not planned?
是A)以一种引起麻烦的方式行事,还是B)做一些没有计划的事?
Truman!
楚门!
Where shall we go? Where shall we go?
我们去哪里呢?我们去哪里呢?
Truman, where are we going?
楚门,我们要去哪儿啊?
I don't really know. I guess I'm being spontaneous.
我其实也不知道。我想我是心血来潮。
The answer is B. "Being spontaneous" is doing something that is not planned.
答案是B。being spontaneous是指做一些没有计划的事情。
Truman got an urge to be spontaneous after feeling he was being tricked for mysterious reasons.
在感到自己被某种离奇原因所欺骗后,楚门有了一种无意识的冲动。
And that's English at the movies. I'm Dorothy Gundy.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是桃乐茜·冈迪。