手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 跟我学跟我做 > 正文

居家隔离无法健身怎么办?(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I’m a fitness freak, but I do like to keep fit.

我虽然不是一个健身狂,但我确实喜欢锻炼身体、保持健康。

Right now I am stuck in my house and have been told to self-quarantine,

如今,我呆在家里无法外出,并被告知要进行自我隔离,

so that means no gym, no running in the local park, and I’ve even retired my bicycle for the time-being.

这意味着不能去健身房,不能去当地的公园跑步,我甚至想让自行车先暂时“光荣下岗”。

What I've done, though, is created a work-out that anyone can do and they can do it in their own house.

然后呢,我突发奇想创造出一款适合所有人居家就能做的运动。

gwx02.jpg

It requires no equipment and it isn’t even that hard to do.

不需要任何辅助设备,难度也不高。

It’s what I call my solitary confinement workout, and in the interests of helping people stay healthy, I’d like to share it with you.

这就是我发明的单人隔离锻炼法,为了帮助大家保持健康,我很乐意跟你们分享。

You might find that you come out of your isolation feeling, and looking better than you have in years.

也许你会发现自己摆脱了这种孤独感,状态比以前好了很多。

Ok, so I am going to start with exercises everyone can do.

话不多说,我将从每个人都能做的招式开始介绍。

I realize some of you might not be gym rats, but I promise you, you can do the following exercises and you’ll feel better for it.

我知道你们中有些人可能对健身无感,但我向大家保证,试试做下面的练习,你会感觉更棒。

Remember that self-isolation can get a person down, as can tsunamis of bad news, so this should help make you feel better mentally, too.

记住,自我隔离会让人很沮丧,其程度不亚于听闻海啸来袭,所以锻炼也会改善你的精神状态。

We’ll tell you at the end how you can make these workouts actually really good fun,

最后,我们会告诉你如何让这些锻炼变得有趣起来,

and something that will put you and your buddies in the best of moods.

并让你和小伙伴处于最佳的情绪状态。

Let’s just say we know how to do this because we listened to prisoners, and it makes their days a lot easier.

这么说吧,我们之所以这么了解,是因为我们访问并听取了一些囚犯的意见,锻炼让他们坐牢的时候好过一些。

Ok, so one thing everyone can do is planking.

大家都能做的一种锻炼就是平板支撑。

You can even do this while you are watching TV or watching this video.

甚至可以在看电视或这期视频的时候练一会。

It’s one of the greatest things in the exercise world, and it’s the true ‘everyman’ and ‘everywomans’ exercise.

平板支撑算是健身圈里最了不起的一项锻炼方式了,真可谓是一款“男女不限、老少皆宜”的运动。

Why do it, you might ask?

大家可能会好奇,为什么要做这个?

Well, it strengthens the core of your body, and if you are into fitness you’ll hear people talking about the core all the time.

嗯,平板支撑可以加强身体的核心部位,如果你喜欢健身,应该经常能听到大家谈论“核心部位”。

It’s just the midsection of your body.

核心部位就是身体的中间部位。

But it will also strengthen your arms, legs, shoulders and back.

但平板支撑也会加强胳膊、双腿、肩膀和背部的力量。

It’s kinda the go-to exercise if you’re not that fit.

如果身体状况不佳,你就要经常做这项运动。

Plank for a few seconds and before you know it, you’ll be more capable of doing things like push-ups.

做几秒钟平板支撑,不知不觉,你就能做更多的运动,比如俯卧撑。

Ok, so some of you are thinking, jeez, I can’t even hold a plank.

好吧,有些人会想,天啊,我甚至都撑不起来。

Ok, so at first don’t do the whole plank and let your knees rest on the ground.

没关系,首先不要撑起全身,先让膝盖着地。

The next time, try pulling them up a bit.

然后慢慢地,试着把膝盖抬高一点。

If you can plank for two seconds, well done...then go for three seconds.

如果能坚持支撑两秒钟,就很不错了……然后坚持三秒钟。

If you can plank for a minute, well, you’re already pretty strong.

如果能支撑一分钟,那么你已经很厉害了。

But then don’t do one minute a day.

但是不要每天只做一分钟。

Rest a while, and do ten one minute planks a day.

休息一会儿,每天做十次一分钟的平板支撑。

And guys, we are not trying to sell you some sketchy get fit quick program.

伙伴们,我们不是想卖给大家一些粗制滥造的快速健身计划。

Planking works. It is an excellent way to strengthen your body.

平板支撑很有用。这是一种强身健体的好方法。

Like we said, don’t feel down if you can’t do it well at first.

就像我们说的,如果一开始做不好,不要感到沮丧。

Aim at one second. Then two seconds.

先坚持一秒。然后再坚持两秒。

If you aim too high, you’ll just give up. Never set the bar too high.

如果一开始的目标定的太高,就会容易放弃。永远不要把目标设得太高。

Once you get better, you can switch it up a bit.

等你适应了,就可以稍微改变一下目标。

Like doing it on your side

还是量力而行

We could almost just stop here, because planking really is that good for you.

我们差不多就先说到这里,因为平板支撑真的对大家很有帮助。

We’re not going to talk too much about push-ups or sit-ups because you already know all about those exercises.

我们不会过多谈论俯卧撑或仰卧起坐,因为大家已经知道了这些练习方法。

We will say, though, that we know some guys in prison will go over the top.

不过,我们要说的是,我们了解到监狱里有些人有点做过头了。

That means doing as many push-ups or sit-ups as possible...until your heart is beating super fast.

就是说做了太多的俯卧撑或仰卧起坐,直到心脏跳得超快。

But just a word of advice here, only do this if you are fit already.

但这里建议大家,只有练到一定阶段再这样做。

We don’t want anyone getting injured especially when the healthcare system is already stretched thin.

我们不希望大家受伤,特别是在医疗系统已经捉襟见肘的情况下。

Only push yourself when you are already good at a particular exercise.

除非你已经十分擅长某项运动,再去挑战极限。

And wow, those endorphins, you’ll soon stop being depressed about what you see on the news.

哇,大量的内啡肽分泌,很快你就不会再为新闻播报的消息感到沮丧了。

And as an added bonus, you’ll be fit and your immune system will be in better shape.

而且,你还会更加健康,你的免疫系统也会更加强大。

Ok, another caveat, if you work out so much that you feel ill,

而且,还要警告大家,如果锻炼时间太久,甚至感觉不适,

there’s potential it will have the opposite effect and compromise your immune system.

那么可能会产生相反的效果,会损害你的免疫系统。

So be sensible.

还是要量力而行。

Ok, another great in-room exercise is the squat This will strengthen your legs and glutes and more, and also make your joints stronger.

好的,另一个很好的室内锻炼方法是深蹲,它会加强你的双腿和臀部力量,也会让你的关节更强壮。

Before I started doing squats, I would struggle to pick up a coin on the ground.

在开始下蹲之前,我会设法捡起地上的硬币。

Now I can bend down like a beautiful, graceful ballerina.

现在的我可以像美丽、优雅的芭蕾舞演员一样弯腰了。

Again, start slow if you are not that fit.

还是那句话,如果身体素质欠佳,开始的时候要慢慢来。

Go down ever so slightly and keep a straight back, your knees staying behind your toes, and push off your heels.

稍微下蹲,保持背部挺直,膝盖不要超过脚趾,脚后跟向后推。

Repeat until you are tired.

重复练习,累了就停止。

For those of you thinking that is just too easy, try a pistol squat, which means going down on just one leg with the other leg pointing forward.

如果觉得这招过于简单,可以尝试下蹲,也就是一条腿着地,另一条腿向前伸。

You have to maintain your balance, and as many of you will find out, this isn’t an easy exercise.

必须要保持身体平衡,你们可能会发现,这其实并不是一个简单的练习。

But if for some of you strong guys, if that’s still too easy, do it with a weight in your hands

但如果对一些强壮的人来说,这招还是太容易了,那就在手上放个重物吧。

If you don’t have any weights or other equipment in your house and want to get stronger, you can just use household items.

如果家里没有举重器材或者其他设备,而你又想变得更强壮,可以利用家里的一些物品。

Try using bags of rice, plastic bottles of water, heavy books.

试着扛几袋大米,桶装水,几本厚书。

But maybe squats are too hard for you? Start with something called a “wall-sit”.

但也许下蹲对你来说太难了?那就从“靠墙坐”入手吧。

Yep, you just sit against the wall as if you were in a chair but obviously there is no chair.

是的,你靠墙坐着,就像坐在椅子上一样,但很明显下面是悬空的。

Do this for as long as you can.

尽可能长时间地坚持下去。

You'll know your limit because your knees will start to tremble.

你会知道自己的极限,因为你的膝盖会开始颤抖。

If you wanna make this exercise even harder, you can raise one of your legs off the ground.

如果你想让这个练习难度加大,可以把一条腿抬离地面。

Do the same again, except raise the other leg off the ground.

再做一遍,这次把另一条腿抬离地面。

But again, this is an expert level wall sit so don’t be discouraged if you can’t do it straight away.

但是,这难度属于专家级别的,所以现在做不到,也不要灰心。

Ok, so you’re wanting to do more cardio-type exercises that increase your heart rate even though you’re stuck inside and don’t have room to run?

好吧,你想做更多的有氧运动来提高心率,即使居家无法外出,没有太大的空间来跑步?

One quite easy cardio exercise is simply standing up straight and pulling up your leg so your knee touches your hand.

教大家一个非常简单的有氧运动就是站直,抬起腿,让膝盖能触碰到手。

Then do the same with the other leg.

然后另一条腿也重复同样的动作。

If that is really easy for you, keep doing it and do it until you feel tired.

如果这对你来说小菜一碟,那就坚持做下去,直到感到累为止。

When you are doing this fast it might feel a bit like you are dancing, or hopping.

当加快速度的时候,你可能会感觉有点像在跳舞或跳跃。

Do it for two minutes, take a short break, and do it again.

做两分钟,休息一下,然后再做一轮。

This will strengthen your core and it will give your heart a good work out if you are doing it fast.

这项运动将加强你的核心力量,如果做得快,会让心脏得到很好的锻炼。

It’s also a good warm-up routine, a favorite for those folks who do the 20-minute workout videos online.

这也是一套不错的热身动作,深受那些在网上做20分钟健身视频的人的青睐。

Now, if you really feel up to it and can do the things we have already discussed, you will want to do one of the best indoor exercises known to man.

好了,如果你觉得可以完成我们上面讨论过的所有动作了,你会想要尝试一种最佳室内运动。

It’s called the burpee.

这个动作叫做立卧撑。

This will strengthen multiple muscles at once and make you super fit.

这套运动可以同时增强多块肌肉,让你变得超级健康。

It’s almost a total body exercise all on its own!

它本身几乎就是一种全身健身法!

We should say, though, that it’s not easy and so if your workout routine up until now has consisted of walking to the car or squatting on the toilet,

然而,我们应该说,这并不容易,所以,如果你到目前为止的日常锻炼仅仅是走到车旁或蹲在马桶上,

don’t try burpees before you’ve planked for a while, are ok at push-ups and have done some of those wall-sits.

在练习一段时间的平板支撑之前,千万不要尝试立卧撑,可以做俯卧撑和一些靠墙坐的运动。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
capable ['keipəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的

 
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
fitness ['fitnis]

想一想再看

n. 适合度(生物学术语) n. 健康

 
graceful ['greisfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 优雅的

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
immune [i'mju:n]

想一想再看

adj. 免除的,免疫的

 
switch [switʃ]

想一想再看

n. 开关,转换,鞭子
v. 转换,改变,交换

 
solitary ['sɔlitəri]

想一想再看

adj. 孤独的,独立的,单个的,唯一的,荒凉的

联想记忆
squat [skwɔt]

想一想再看

n. 蹲 adj. 蹲著的,矮胖胖的 v. 蹲下,坐

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。