My fellow Americans, I close today where I began, with a sacred oath.
我的美国同胞们,让我用开始时那句神圣的誓言为作为结语。
Before God and all of you I give you my word.
在上帝和你们所有人面前,我向你们保证,
I will always level with you.
我将一直对你们坦诚相待,
I will defend the Constitution.
我将捍卫宪法,
I will defend our democracy.
我将捍卫我们的民主。
I will defend America.
我将捍卫美国,
And I will give all, all of you, keep everything I do in your service thinking not of power, but of possibilities.
我将付出一切,我所做的一切都是为你们服务。我不会只想着权力,而是想着可能性,
Not of personal interest, but of the public good.
不会只考虑个人利益,而是考虑公共利益。
And together, we shall write an American story of hope, not fear.
我们将共同书写一个充满希望而非恐惧、
Of unity, not division. Of light, not darkness.
充满团结而非分裂,充满光明而非黑暗的美国故事,
A story of decency and dignity.
一个关于正派和尊严、
Love and of healing. Greatness and of goodness.
爱和疗愈、伟大和善良的故事。
May this be the story that guides us.
愿这个故事可以指引我们、
The story that inspires us.
激励我们,
And the story that tells ages yet to come that we answered the call of history.
告诉未来的世世代代,我们回应了历史的召唤。
We met the moment.
我们迎接了这一时刻。
Democracy and hope, truth and justice, did not die on our watch but thrived.
民主和希望,真理和正义,没有在我们的眼皮底下死去,而是茁壮成长。
That America secured liberty at home and stood once again as a beacon to the world.
美国保障了国内的自由,并将再次成为世界的灯塔。
That is what we owe our forebearers, one another, and generations to follow.
这是我们欠我们的祖先、我们彼此和我们后代的。
So, with purpose and resolve we turn to those tasks of our time.
因此,带着目标和决心,我们开始着手于我们时代的这些任务。
Sustained by faith. Driven by conviction.
信仰永存,信念驱使,
And, devoted to one another and the country we love with all our hearts.
彼此奉献,全心全意地热爱我们所爱的国家。
May God bless America and may God protect our troops.
愿上帝保佑美国,愿上帝保佑我们的军队。
Thank you, America.
谢谢你,美国。