Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The 1989 movie "Field of Dreams" tells the story of Ray Kinsella, a corn farmer in the state of Iowa.
1989年上映的电影《梦幻之地》讲述了爱荷华州一位名叫雷·金赛拉的玉米种植户的故事。
Ray is a fan of the famous baseball player "Shoeless Joe Jackson."
雷是著名棒球运动员“赤脚名星乔·杰克逊”的粉丝。
One night, Ray hears a mysterious voice in the corn field.
一天晚上,雷听到玉米地里有一个神秘的声音。
Listen for the words "If you build it, he will come."
留意听一下If you build it, he will come这个表达。
If you build it, he will come.
如果你盖了,他就会来。
Annie, what was that?
安妮,你听到了吗?
What was that?
听到什么?
That voice just now.
刚才的声音。
We didn't hear anything. Alright.
我们什么也没听到啊。好吧。
If you build it, he will come.
如果你盖了,他就会来。
What do you think "If you build it, he will come" means?
你觉得If you build it, he will come是什么意思?
Is it: A) Dreams can be successful if you work hard.
是A)只要你努力,梦想就会成真。
Or B) People will buy anything.
还是B)人们会买下任何东西。
If you build it, he will come.
如果你盖了,他就会来。
The answer is A) Dreams can be successful if you work hard.
答案是A)只要你努力,梦想就会成真。
Ray follows his dream and builds a baseball field in the middle of his cornfield, even though he is in debt.
雷追随着自己的梦想,在他的玉米地中央建了一个棒球场,尽管他还欠着债。
In the end, it gave Ray a better life.
最后,它给了雷更好的生活。
And that's English at the movies. I'm Dorothy Gundy.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是桃乐茜·冈迪。