手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 鲁滨逊漂流记 > 正文

鲁滨逊漂流记第4章:孤岛上的新生活

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 4 A new life on an island

第四章 孤岛上的新生活

When day came, the sea was quiet again.

当白天到来时,大海又恢复了平静。
I looked for our ship and, to my surprise, it was still there and still in one piece.
我找我们的船,令我惊诧的是它依然在那儿并且没有破碎。
'I think I can swim to it,' I said to myself.
“我想我能够游到那儿,”我自言自语。
So I walked down to the sea and before long, I was at the ship and was swimming round it.
于是,我朝大海里走去,不一会儿,我靠近了船绕着它游。
But how could I get on to it?
只是,我怎样才可以上去呢?
In the end, I got in through a hole in the side, but it wasn't easy.
最后,我从船舷一侧的一个洞里钻了进去,但却很不容易。
There was a lot of water in the ship, but the sand under the sea was still holding the ship in one place.
船里积了很多水,但海底的沙使船固定在了一个地方。
The back of the ship was high out of the water, and I was very thankful for this because all the ship's food was there.
船的尾部翘出了水面,这让我非常庆幸,因为船上全部的食物都储在那儿。
I was very hungry so I began to eat something at once.
我已经很饥饿,所以我马上开始吃东西。
Then I decided to take some of it back to the shore with me.
然后决定带一些食物回到岸上。
But how could I get it there?
可是我又怎样才能做到呢?
I looked around the ship, and after a few minutes, I found some long pieces of wood.
我察看了这只船的四周,几分钟后,我找到了几块长条的木板。
I tied them together with rope.
我用绳子把它们紧扎在一起。
Then I got the things that I wanted from the ship.
然后我便搬上我想从船上带走的东西。
There was a big box of food—rice, and salted meat, and hard ship's bread.
那儿有一大箱食品——米、咸肉和硬面包。
I also took many strong knives and other tools, the ship's sails and ropes, paper, pens, books, and seven guns.
我还拿了很多坚固的小刀及其他工具,船帆、绳子、纸、钢笔、书及7枝枪。
Now I needed a little sail from the ship, and then I was ready.
现在我需要在船上找一个小帆,不一会儿,我就找好了。
Slowly and carefully, I went back to the shore.
我慢慢地、小心翼翼地向岸边划。
It was difficult to stop my things from falling into the sea, but in the end I got everything on to the shore.
要使我的东西不掉到海里是挺困难的,但终于我把每一件东西都弄上了岸。
Now I needed somewhere to keep my things.
现在,我需要地方来存放我的东西。
There were some hills around me, so I decided to build myself a little house on one of them.
在我的周围有些小山丘,于是我决定在其中的一个小山上给自己建一座小屋。
I walked to the top of the highest hill and looked down,
我走到最高的小山的山顶往下看。
I was very unhappy, because I saw then that I was on an island.
我非常沮丧,因为那时我才明白我是在一个孤岛上。
There were two smaller islands a few miles away, and after that, only the sea.
几英里外有两个更小的岛,更远的地方,
Just the sea, for mile after mile after mile.
只剩下了大海,延绵数英里的大海。
After a time, I found a little cave in the side of a hill.
过了不久,我在小山的一侧找到了一个小洞穴。
In front of it, there was a good place to make a home.
在它前面,是一个安家的好地方。
So, I used the ship's sails, rope, and pieces of wood, and after a lot of hard work I had a very fine tent.
于是,我用那些船的帆,绳子及本板经过很艰苦的劳作,我有了一个非常好的帐篷。
The cave at the back of my tent was a good place to keep my food, and so I called it my 'kitchen'.
帐篷后面的洞穴是存放食物的好地方,所以我称之为我的“厨房”。
That night, I went to sleep in my new home.
那天晚上,我便在我的新家睡觉。
The next day I thought about the possible dangers on the island.
第二天,我仔细设想了岛上可能存在的危险。
Were there wild animals, and perhaps wild people too, on my island?
在我的岛上,会不会有野兽,也许还会存在野人?
I didn't know, but I was very afraid.
虽然我不知道,但却很害怕。
So I decided to build a very strong fence.
于是我决定建一个坚固的栅栏。
I cut down young trees and put them in the ground, in a half circle around the front of my tent.
我砍倒了一些小树,插入到地上在我的帐篷前围成个半圆。
I used many of the ship's ropes too, and in the end my fence was as strong as a stone wall.
我还用了很多船上的绳子,最后我的栅栏就象一堵坚固的石墙。
Nobody could get over it, through it, or round it.
没有人可以翻进来,钻进来或者绕过来。
Making tents and building fences is hard work.
制作帐篷和建造栅栏篱笆是一项艰苦的工作。
I needed many tools to help me.
我需要很多工具来帮我。
So I decided to go back to the ship again, and get some more things.
所以,我打算再次回到船上,去拿更多的东西。
I went back twelve times, but soon after my twelfth visit there was another terrible storm.
我回去了12次,但就在我第12次回来之后不久又来了一场暴风雨。
The next morning, when I looked out to sea, there was no ship.
第二天一早我朝外瞧向大海时,船不见了。
When I saw that, I was very unhappy.
目睹了这一切,我非常悲伤。
'Why am I alive, and why are all my friends dead?' I asked myself.
“为什么我活着,而我所有的朋友们却都死了?”我问自己。
'What will happen to me now, alone on this island without friends? How can I ever escape from it?'
“现在对于我又会有什么事情发生呢?没有朋友独自生活在岛上,我怎么才能够逃离这儿?”
Then I told myself that I was lucky—lucky to be alive, lucky to have food and tools, lucky to be young and strong. But I knew that my island was somewhere off the coast of South America.
但随即我告诉自己我是幸运的——能够幸运地活下来,幸运有食物、有工具,幸运自己还年轻力壮。但我知道我的岛在南美洲海岸外的某个地方。
Ships did not often come down this coast, and I said to myself,
船只不太经常沿着这个海岸航行,我对自己说,
'I'm going to be on this island for a long time.'
“我会在这个岛上呆很长时间。”
So, on a long piece of wood, I cut these words:
于是,在一长条的木牌上,我刻下了这些话:
I came here on 30th September 1659. After that, I decided to make a cut for each day.
我于1659年9月30日来到此岛以后,我决定每天都刻上一个记号。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fence [fens]

想一想再看

n. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术
n. 买卖赃物的人<

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。