When my tics come on, I don't really have a defense against it.
我真的没有抵抗抽搐的能力。
And sometimes it just sort of comes out in these explosive, spontaneous ways.
有时它只是以这样爆炸性的方式自发发作。
I'm an actor with Tourette's.
我是一名患有多发性抽动症的演员。
For a long time, I did worry about exposing that
有很长一段时间,我确实担心我的病会暴露出来,
'cause I thought it would affect getting hired, and auditions, whatever it might be.
因为我觉得这会对我的录用和面试等造成影响。
Now, I just put it on the table.
如今的我会把这个病显露出来。
It feels great to own it.
这样也挺不错的。
Huh.
哈!
My show is about having Tourette's Syndrome and finding my own way with it.
我的节目是“关于患有多发性抽动症以及找到自己的应对办法”。
Tourette's Syndrome is a neurological disorder that you're born with.
多发性抽动症是一种先天的神经系统疾病。
The stereotype about Tourette's is that people will curse uncontrollably, which people do.
人们对多发性抽动症存在刻板印象,即患者会不由自主地咒骂,的确如此。
I've never done that.
但我从来没有这样做过。
When I tic, I clear my throat, I cough, sometimes I make noises in my throat.
当我抽搐时,我会清嗓子、咳嗽、有时会用嗓子发出声音。
So. You're welcome to use that if you want.
所以,如果你们需要的话,欢迎你们用我的方式。
Yeah, riding the subway is rough.
坐地铁也很辛苦。
I still get nervous about it, especially since I have this throat-clearing, sniffing tic.
我仍然为此感到紧张,尤其是我在抽搐的时候会像这样清嗓子和抽鼻子。
I have Tourette's Syndrome. That's why I'm makin' that noise. I can't help it.
我患有多发性抽动症。所以我才会发出噪音。我实在是忍不住。
When I'm acting, I don't tic.
当我表演的时候,我不会抽搐。
I remember.
我记得。
Somehow, I'm like, in this zone, and I'm able to just focus.
不知怎么的,我在表演时能集中注意力。
It kind of just, like, goes away, and it says, okay, take a break, do what you love, and I'll be waitin' for ya when ya come back.
我的抽搐就像是消失了,它说,好吧,我先休息一下,你可以去做你喜欢的事,我会等你结束。