手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

7岁小妹妹告诉你"为什么躲猫猫游戏可以改变世界"

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

What if I was to tell you that a game of peekaboo could change the world?

如果我说躲猫猫游戏可以改变世界,你们会相信吗?

Sounds impossible, right? Well, I’m here today to prove it’s not.

听起来不可能,对吧?我今天来这里就是为了证明并非如此。

Hi, I’m Molly and I’m seven. And this is my little friend, Ari. Say “Hi,” Ari. Hi.

大家好,我叫莫莉,我七岁了。这是我的小朋友阿里。打个招呼,阿里。嗨。

Oh, and this is my neighbor, Amarjot.

哦,这是我的邻居,阿马约特。

He has to take Ari away now to get ready for our experiment.

他现在得带阿里走了,为我们的实验做准备。

But don't worry, they'll be back.

不过别担心,他们还会回来的。

My talk today is about some powerful things you grownups can do.

我今天的演讲是关于你们成年人可以做的一些很强大的事情。

That shape us as children and the adults we become. How do I know?

它可以塑造孩子的样子,也可以塑造孩子长大后成为什么样的大人。我是怎么知道的呢?

Because my parents and people around me did them early and often.

因为我的父母和我周围的人很早就这样做了,而且经常这样做。

I know not all kids are as lucky.

我知道不是所有的孩子都这么幸运。

Some of my friends, some kids at my school and many around the world.

我的一些朋友,我学校的一些孩子,以及世界各地的许多人。

And I would really like to help change that.

我真的很想帮忙改变这一点。

Thanks to scientists, we now know just how important the first five years are for our health and development, especially our brains.

多亏了科学家,我们现在知道头五年对我们的健康和发育有多么重要,特别是对我们的大脑。

Ari started learning long before he was even born, from inside his mommy’s tummy.

阿里甚至在出生前很久就开始学习了,在他妈妈的肚子里就开始学习了。

When Ari was born, he was tiny and he cried all the time.

阿里出生的时候,很小,一直哭。

He was always hungry and he pooped a lot.

他经常会很饿,会拉很多便便。

Now he laughs and giggles and makes funny noises.

现在他会咯咯笑,还会发出滑稽的声音。

But those are just the changes we hear and see.

但这些只是我们听到和看到的变化。

That’s way more going on inside. So, let’s talk more about our brains.

这背后还有更多的东西。那么,我们来多聊聊我们的大脑吧。

The blue bag is a rough size and weight of a healthy baby’s brain at birth.

这个蓝色袋子的大小和重量大致相当于一个健康婴儿出生时大脑的重量。

The red one is a baby’s brain after the first year.

红色的是一岁后婴儿的大脑。

It almost doubles in volume.

它的体积几乎翻了一番。

QQ截图20210827153138_副本.png

And by my age, it's almost 90 percent the volume of an adult brain.

到了我这个年纪,大脑的体积几乎达到了成人大脑的90%。

Our brains develop faster in our early years than at any other time in our lives.

我们的大脑在婴幼儿时期比生命中的任何时期都发育得更快。

It can create up to one million neural connections every second.

它每秒可以创建多达一百万个神经连接。

But we need your help.

但我们需要你的帮助。

Our healthy development depends on these top five things, One, connecting; two, talking; three, playing; four, a healthy home, five; community.

我们的健康发展有赖于这五件事,一是联系;二是说话;三是玩耍;四是健康的家,五是社区。

All of this helps our brains and us reach our full potential.

所有这些都有助于我们的大脑和自身充分发挥潜力。

So what’s something you can do that can really make a difference?

那么,你们能做些什么才能真正起到作用呢?

Scientists call it serve and return.

科学家称其为服务和回馈。

That’s just a grown-up way of saying connect, talk and play with us.

那是一种专业的说法,其实指的就是来跟我们联系、交谈和玩耍。

And here’s the really big news. Amarjot, Ari, you ready? Ready?

接下来才是重头戏。阿马约特,阿里,你们准备好了吗?准备好了吗?

Copycat games build imagination and empathy.

模仿游戏可以建立想象力和同理心。

Naming games build vocabulary and attention.

命名游戏可以增加词汇量和注意力。

Daddy. Ari. Daddy. Ari. And games like peekabo -- yep, peekaboo -- actually build memory and trust.

爸爸。阿里。爸爸。阿里。像躲猫猫这样的游戏--是的,躲猫猫--实际上建立了记忆和信任。

Peekaboo!

躲猫猫!

Each time you talk to us, play with us, make us laugh, it not only builds and strengthens our relationships and mental health, it actually teaches us some of the most important life skills, from making friends to taking the test, to getting a job, to one day maybe even starting a family of our own.

每次你们和我们聊天、玩耍、逗我们发笑,它不仅建立和加强了我们的关系和心理健康,而且还教会了我们一些最重要的生活技能,从交朋友到参加考试,到找工作,到有一天甚至可能建立自己的家庭。

Interactions early and often matter.

早期的互动往往很重要。

Take it from me, the seven-year-old up here talking about brain science.

请记住我这个7岁的孩子在这里谈论脑科学所说的话。

OK, now let’s see what happens when the connection is taken away.

好的,现在让我们看看当连接断开时会发生什么。

So now he’s trying to get his dad’s attention again.

现在他想再次引起爸爸的注意。

He’s reaching out like, “That was fun, why have you stopped?”

他伸出手来,好像在说,“刚才很好玩呀,你为什么不玩了?”

I know it’s important for adults to use their devices sometimes, but kids are hardwired to seek out meaningful connections, not receiving them causes confusion and stress.

我知道成年人有时使用电子设备很重要,但孩子们天生就会寻找有意义的联系,对此视而不见会让孩子产生困惑和压力。

OK, Amarjot, please re-engage. Ah, there’s Ari.

好了,阿马约特,重新跟阿里玩吧。啊,是阿里呀。

Now what if our whole childhood was like that last 30 seconds?

如果我们的整个童年都像刚才30秒那样,会发生什么呢?

How hard it would be for a child to feel calm. To feel safe. To learn to trust anyone.

对一个孩子来说,想要平静下来、有安全感、学会信任其他人,该有多么难。

And the lifelong impact that would have. That makes me feel sad.

以及它将产生的终生影响。这让我很难过。

Ari only reacted the way he did and recovered so quickly because the connection between him and his dad is usually so strong.

阿里做出了那样的反应,他恢复得很快,因为他和父亲之间的联系通常都非常牢固。

The positive relationships with the grown-ups in our lives gives kids the confidence we need to try new things, to explore and be a kid.

与生活中成年人之间的积极关系会给孩子们带来信心,让我们去尝试新事物、去探索、去做一个孩子。

So please, try to remember the most special period for our development is the first five years.

因此,请记住,我们发育最特殊的时期是头五年。

Starting from inside mommy’s tummy. What’s something really impactful you can do?

从还在妈妈肚子里开始。你能做的真正有影响力的事情是什么?

Serve and return. And when? Early and often.

服务和回馈。从什么时候开始呢?很早的时候,而且要经常这样做。

Please give it up for Amarjot and Ari.

请把掌声送给阿马约特和阿里。

Every moment together is an opportunity to connect, talk and play.

在一起的每一秒都是联系、交谈和玩耍的机会。

Imagine the difference we could make if everyone everywhere did this.

想象一下,如果所有地方的人都这么做,将产生多么大的影响。

To us, the children, it’s so much more than just a game. It's our future. Thank you.

对我们这些孩子来说,这不仅仅是一场游戏。更是我们的未来。谢谢。

See? Peekaboo really can change the world.

没错吧?躲猫猫真的可以改变世界。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潜在的
n. 潜力,潜能

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。