手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

教你制作直升机模型!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, there! Squeaks and I are so excited.

嗨,你好! 吱吱和我都很兴奋。

We’ve been learning about Ingenuity, a special machine that scientists at NASA put on Mars.

我们一直在研究“智慧”号(Ingenuity),它是美国国家航空航天局(NASA)的科学家们放在火星上的一种特殊机器。

NASA has put a few different machines called rovers on Mars before.

美国国家航空航天局(NASA)以前曾在火星上放置过几台不同的机器,它们被称为“漫游者”。

A rover is a kind of vehicle that’s made to drive on a different world.

“漫游者”是一种可以在另一个世界上行驶的交通工具。

And the ones on Mars have been driving all over the ground to explore, take pictures, and send information back to Earth.

而火星上的探测器在地面上四处行驶,探索、拍照,并将信息传回地球。

But, Ingenuity works a bit differently, because it doesn’t drive…it’s the first machine built to fly around the surface of Mars!

但是,“智慧”号的工作原理有点不同,因为它不会行驶,它是第一个在火星表面飞行的机器!

You’re right, Squeaks!

你说得对, 吱吱!

Flying gives scientists a totally different way of looking at the planet.

飞行为科学家们提供了一种完全不同的看待地球的方式。

And since Ingenuity worked so well, space engineers will probably build more flying machines to explore Mars.

由于“智慧”号工作得很好,太空工程师可能会建造更多的飞行器来探索火星。

Oh, of course! I’d be happy to answer your question about Ingenuity.

哦,当然! 我很乐意回答你关于 “智慧”号的问题。

Great question!A lot of the flying machines we have on Earth are airplanes.

好问题!我们地球上的很多飞行器都是飞机。

But Ingenuity isn’t a plane… it’s a helicopter!

但 “智慧”号不是飞机,它是一架直升机!

YI6`L40WXXZY8{`GNUS2T_T.png

Helicopters fly a bit differently than planes, or even birds.

直升机的飞行方式与飞机甚至鸟类都有些不同。

Exactly, both birds and planes use their wings to fly!

没错,鸟类和飞机都是靠翅膀飞行的!

But helicopters do something different.

但是直升机与众不同。

They have spinning blades on top which act kind of like a giant fan to push the air and fly.

它们顶部有旋转的叶片,就像一个巨大的风扇,推动空气来实现飞行。

A helicopter’s blades are angled up just a bit, so as they spin, they push the air down, which lets the helicopter go up!

直升机的桨叶稍微向上倾斜一点,所以当它们旋转时,它们推动空气向下,让直升机上升!

Now, that all works great here on Earth.

现在,这一切在地球上都奏效。

But, there’s a big problem with flying anything around Mars: there isn’t much air to push against!

但是,在火星周围飞行有一个大问题:没有太多的空气来推动!

The surface of Mars has way less air than the surface of Earth.

火星表面的空气比地球表面少得多。

Other planets are all really different from Earth!

其他行星都和地球很不一样!

Earth is the only one that we know about that has lots of great air for us to breathe, and for planes and helicopters to fly.

地球是我们所知道的唯一一个有大量空气供我们呼吸,供飞机和直升机飞行的地方。

But Mars has other cool things, like huge dust storms and mountains that are bigger than any mountain on Earth!

但火星有其他很酷的东西,比如巨大的沙尘暴和比地球上任何山脉都大的山脉!

So engineers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory had to work really hard to design a helicopter that could fly on a planet that is so different from Earth.

因此,美国宇航局喷气推进实验室的工程师们必须非常努力地设计一架可以在与地球截然不同的行星上飞行的直升机。

They tried out lots of different designs.

他们试验了许多不同的设计。

That’s because problems can have lots of different solutions.

这是因为问题可以有很多不同的解决方案。

And engineers like to test different solutions to see which ones work best.

工程师们喜欢测试不同的解决方案,看看哪种效果最好。

Like which helicopter design flies best, or is easiest to send all the way to Mars!

比如哪种直升机设计飞得最好,或者最容易一路发送到火星!

And they came up with Ingenuity!

他们想出了“智慧”号!

One thing that makes it different from helicopters on Earth is that it’s super light-weight!

它和地球上的直升机有一点不同,那就是它的重量非常轻!

So there’s less to lift up in the first place.

所以一开始要抬起的东西就少了。

And it has really long blades that spin really, really fast, to push what little air there is as much as possible!

它有非常长的叶片,旋转得非常非常快,以尽可能多地推动微弱的空气!

It does sound like a fun project, doesn’t it?

听起来确实是个有趣的项目,不是吗?

Now that you mention it, I have a fun challenge that can help us work and think like space engineers!

既然你提到了,我有一个有趣的挑战,可以帮助我们像太空工程师一样工作和思考!

We can build a model helicopter.

我们可以造一个直升机模型。

We use models to help us understand or explain something about the world.

我们使用模型来帮助我们理解或解释世界上的一些事情。

So a model helicopter could be a simple version that shows us something about how real ones work!

所以一个模型直升机可以是一个简单的版本,向我们展示真实的直升机是如何工作的!

You can build one, too!

你也可以造一个!

All you’ll need are scissors, paper, a printed PDF template from NASA, which we’ve linked in the description, a stopwatch or clock to time your copter, and a grown-up helper.

你所需要的是剪刀、纸、美国国家航空航天局打印的PDF模板(我们在描述中链接了它)、秒表或时钟,以及一个成年助手。

First, we’ll cut along the dotted lines on this template.

首先,我们将沿着这个模板上的虚线进行剪切。

Then, we’ll fold along the bolded lines here, to make our own paper helicopter model.

然后,我们将沿着这里的粗体线折叠,做出我们自己的纸直升机模型。

Because it’s a model, it should work similarly to how a real helicopter works.

因为它是一个模型,它的工作原理应该和真正的直升机相似。

Now, a real helicopter like Ingenuity has an engine to spin its blades really, really fast, so the helicopter can stay in the air.

现在,像“智慧”号这样真正的直升机有一个引擎,可以非常非常快地旋转叶片,因此直升机可以保持在空中。

Now, like ingenuity, a real helicopter has an engine, real rotating blades, really fast, so the helicopter can stay in the air.

现在,像“智慧”号一样,一架真正的直升机有一个引擎,真正的旋转叶片,速度非常快,所以直升机可以停留在空中。

Our model doesn’t have an engine, but the paper blades will spin like real helicopter blades, if we drop our model from up high, like if a grown-up drops it from up on top of a stepladder or chair.

我们的模型没有引擎,但如果我们从高空扔下模型,就像一个成年人从梯子或椅子上扔下模型一样,纸桨会像真正的直升机桨叶一样旋转。

The spinning blades should push the air under the model, and help slow down our model’s fall.

旋转的叶片会推动模型下方的空气,帮助减缓模型的下落。

I want to make sure that this works, so let’s compare it to the same cut-out, but with all of the blades pointing up, so they can’t push the air as well.

我想确保这行得通,所以让我们把它与相同的切口进行比较,但是所有的叶片都指向上面,这样它们就不能推动空气了。

Alright, Squeaks, let’s drop these from up high, and see if the blades help our model to stay in the air longer than the comparison cut-out.

好了,吱吱,让我们把它们从高处扔下去,看看刀片是否有助于我们的模型比对比切口更长时间地在空中停留。

Ok. Here we go. First one. And, second one.

好的。我们开始吧。第一个, 第二个。

Woah, that worked pretty well!

哇,效果很好!

What did you notice about our model, Squeaks?

吱吱,你注意到了我们模型的哪些方面?

Yeah, the model with the blades stretched out spun better, and took longer to reach the ground.

是啊,有叶片伸展的模型旋转得更好,到达地面的时间也更长。

This is a pretty good first design, but I wonder if there’s something we could do to make our model stay up longer.

这是一个很好的初步设计,但我想知道我们是否可以做些什么,使我们的模型保持更长时间。

The engineers who built Ingenuity had to try many different designs before they found the best one, so we can do the same with our model.

建造“智慧”号的工程师们不得不尝试许多不同的设计才能找到最好的,所以我们的模型也可以这样做。

So we can do the same with our model.

所以我们的模型也可以这样做。

What ideas do you have, Squeaks?

吱吱,你有什么想法?

Oh, we could try making a model with longer blades, like the long blades Ingenuity has.

我们可以试着做个长叶片的模型,就像“智慧”号拥有的那种长叶片一样。

Maybe that would help our model to push more air!

也许这将帮助我们的模型推动更多的空气!

We can even use our clock to help us time how long each design we try is able to stay in the air.

我们甚至可以用时钟来帮助计算我们尝试的每个设计能够停留在空中的时间。

We can test lots of changes to our design this way.

我们可以通过这种方式测试大量的设计更改。

What other things could we try?

我们还能尝试什么呢?

Ooo, good idea!

哦, 好主意!

Ingenuity is lighter than other helicopters, so maybe we can try a thinner kind of paper, like tissue paper!

“智慧”号比其他直升机轻,所以也许我们可以尝试一种更薄的纸,比如薄纸!

And we could try heavier paper, too.

我们也可以试试重一点的纸。

I was thinking we could try different angles for the blades, to see which one catches the air the best.

我在想我们可以试试不同角度的叶片,看看哪一个能最好地抓住空气。

You’re right Squeaks!

你是对的, 吱吱!

As good engineers, we’ll need to try lots of different designs to find the best one!

我们作为优秀的工程师,需要尝试很多不同的设计来找到最好的!

It does sound like a fun afternoon!

听起来确实是个有趣的下午!

Let’s get testing.

让我们测试吧。

And you can try out building your own helicopter model at home!

你可以尝试在家里建立自己的直升机模型!

What ideas do you have for improving the design, and helping your model to fall through the air really slowly?

你有什么想法来改进设计,帮助你的模型真正缓慢地从空中降落?

If you’re able to try it out, Squeaks and I hope that you enjoy getting to be an engineer for the day!

如果你能尝试一下,吱吱和我希望你喜欢今天成为一名工程师!

Remember, if you want to keep exploring and experimenting with us at SciShow Kids, be sure to hit the subscribe button.

请记住,如果您想继续在 SciShow Kids 上与我们一起探索和试验,请务必点击订阅按钮。

We’ll see you next time, here at the Fort.

我们下期见,福特堡(Fort)等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
tissue ['tiʃu:]

想一想再看

n. (生物的)组织,织物,薄绢,纸巾

 
spin [spin]

想一想再看

v. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕
n.

 
propulsion [prə'pʌlʃən]

想一想再看

n. 推进,推进力

联想记忆
vehicle ['vi:ikl]

想一想再看

n. 车辆,交通工具,手段,工具,传播媒介

联想记忆
comparison [kəm'pærisn]

想一想再看

n. 比较

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
fold [fəuld]

想一想再看

n. 折层,折痕
vt. 折叠,包,交叉,拥抱

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。