手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

大多数年轻人会犯的五个错误

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey Psych2Goers, welcome back to our channel.

嘿 Psych2goers ! 欢迎观看我们的节目!

Is there anything you regret doing in the past?

你以前做过什么后悔的事吗?

When we're young, we make mistakes, a lot of them,but that's one way we learn and grow as humans.

当我们年轻的时候,我们会犯很多错误,但这是我们作为人类学习和成长的一种方式。

]FIBL(MBE1%9IFK]M560BN3.png

We learn from our mistakes and we can become stronger from any pain we may have experienced,

我们从错误中学习,我们可以从我们可能经历的所有痛苦中变得更强大,

but wouldn't it be nice to know which mistakes many young people make and ultimately regret later on in life?

但是,如果能知道许多年轻人会犯哪些错误以及哪些错误最终会在以后的生活中后悔,不是很好吗?

Well, we've gathered a few of them here for you today.

今天我们为大家收集了其中的一些。

Here are five mistakes young people regret later in life.

以下是年轻人日后会后悔的五个错误。

Number one, they try to please everyone.

第一,他们试图取悦所有人。

Have you ever had a classmate or colleague who disliked you?

你有没有不喜欢你的同学或同事?

Or a teacher who can't see eye to eye with you on certain things?

或是在某些事情上与您意见不一的老师?

Do you spend a lot of energy trying to be someone you're not, just to please others?

你是否花费大量精力试图成为另一个人,只是为了取悦别人?

Many young people hope to be friends with every coworker, classmate or boss.

许多年轻人希望和每一位同事、同学或老板成为朋友。

Good idea, but where things can go wrong is when people start to change who they are or suppress their needs to please just about everyone.

好主意,但当人们开始改变自己或压抑自己来取悦所有人的需求时,就会出现问题。

There will always be someone out there that disagrees with you, or somebody doesn't like you, can't help it.

总会有人不同意你的观点,或者有人不喜欢你,这是无可奈何的。

So it's best not to bend over backwards to impress or please everyone.

所以最好不要竭尽全力去取悦每个人。

It doesn't mean you need to be rude or disrespectful to those who dislike you, but it does mean that you try your best to accept the situation, and not worry unnecessarily.

这并不是说,你要对那些不喜欢你的人无礼或不尊重,但这意味着你要尽你最大的努力接受现状,而不是抱有不必要的担心。

In the longterm, they may just not matter in your life.

从长远来看,他们在你的生活中可能并不重要。

Number two, they don't save money.

第二,他们不存钱。

Do you spend all your money as soon as your paycheck comes in, or do you put it in a savings account?

你是一拿到工资就把钱花光,还是存进储蓄账户?

Planning ahead for retirement, emergencies, and investments is a good idea while you're young, because they'll certainly pay off in the future.

年轻的时候提前为退休、紧急情况和投资做计划是个好主意,因为它们在未来肯定会带来回报。

A recent survey from Bankrate found that out of every 1003 people, 69% aged 18 to 29 had absolutely no savings for their retirement. Better to save now.

Bankrate最近的一项调查发现,在每1003人中,69% 年龄在 18 至 29 岁之间的人群完全没有退休储蓄。最好现在就存钱。

A good idea for starters is to always take a fixed amount out of your paycheck, put it in your savings, and act as if it's not part of your income at all. It's for your savings.

对于刚开始工作的人来说,一个好主意就是从你的薪水中拿出一笔固定的钱,存入你的储蓄中,并且表现得好像它根本不是你收入的一部分。这是为了你的储蓄。

Number three, spending their money just to impress others.

第三,花钱只是为了给别人留下好印象。

What are your thoughts on having the latest trends or the newest devices?

你对最新的趋势或最新的设备有什么想法?

Is it a necessity or a luxury?

它是必需品还是奢侈品?

Would you buy them just to impress your friends or because you've genuinely liked them?

你买它们只是为了取悦你的朋友,还是因为你真的喜欢它们?

It's okay to treat yourself from time to time as long as we're managing our finances properly.

只要我们能妥善管理自己的财务,偶尔犒劳一下自己也是可以的。

Number four, they give up too easily.

第四,他们太容易放弃。

What are your goals and aspirations?

你的目标和抱负是什么?

Achieving our long-term goals can take a lot of hard work and dedication.

实现我们的长期目标需要付出大量的努力以及做出大量的奉献。

Some young people make many goals and have strong dreams, but give up on them early when they realize the work they'll need to put in.

一些年轻人制定了许多目标并拥有伟大的梦想,但当他们意识到需要投入的工作时,就很早放弃了。

Or some, at the first sign of failure.

或者一些人,一看到失败的迹象就放弃了。

Failing one task doesn't mean you should give up on all of them.

一项任务失败并不意味着你应该放弃所有的任务。

You can learn from your mistakes and get back up again, stronger and aware of what not to do.

你可以从错误中吸取教训,重新站起来,变得更强大,意识到什么不该做。

Which means you're only closer to getting it right this time.

也就是说这次你离成功更近了一步。

And number five, they don't continue learning and they don't invest in themselves.

第五,他们不继续学习,也不为自己投资。

Do you set aside some time every day to learn and grow as a human being?

你是否每天都留出一些时间来学习和成长?

Do you do something you're passionate about?

你做自己热爱的事情吗?

Study something new, read an interesting book, or learn a new skill.

学习一些新的东西,读一本有趣的书,或学习一项新技能。

We don't have all the time in the world, but each day we spend focused on growing and educating ourselves makes us so much more knowledgeable in the long run.

我们没有世界上所有的时间,但从长远来看,我们每天都专注于成长和教育自己,这会让我们变得更有知识。

Read an hour a day and see how that pays off in a year.

每天阅读一个小时,看看一年之后会有什么回报。

Maybe you wanna learn Italian.

也许你想学意大利语。

Study a new language daily for half an hour for starters, and see how fluent you become in two years time.

对于初学者来说,每天学习一门新语言半小时,看看两年后你能说得多流利。

Your future self will thank you when they're often Italy speaking fluent Italian.

当未来的你在意大利经常说流利的意大利语时,你会感谢你自己。

You won't become the master of all trades in one day, these things all take time, but you will surely become sharper and more informed every day if you put the time and effort into what you desire.

你不可能在一天内成为所有行业的大师,这些事情都需要时间,但如果你把时间和精力投入到你想做的事情上,你肯定会每天变得更敏锐、更见多识广。

Just remember not to give up too early.

记住不要太早放弃。

So which of these mistakes will you strive not to make? Share with us in the comments below.

那么,你会努力避免犯这些错误中的哪一个呢? 请在下面的评论中与我们分享。

If you enjoyed this video, don't forget to click the Like button and share it with a friend.

如果你喜欢本期视频,别忘了点赞并与朋友分享。

Subscribe to Psych2Go and hit the notification bell icon for more content like this.

订阅Psych2Go,点击通知按钮观看更多类似内容。

And as always, thanks so much for watching.

一如既往,感谢大家的收看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆
strive [straiv]

想一想再看

vi. 奋斗,努力,力求

 
dedication [.dedi'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 奉献,献词,献堂礼

 
luxury ['lʌkʃəri]

想一想再看

n. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品

 
impress [im'pres]

想一想再看

n. 印象,特徵,印记
v. 使 ... 有印

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
experienced [iks'piəriənst]

想一想再看

adj. 有经验的

 
dislike [dis'laik]

想一想再看

v. 不喜欢,厌恶
n. 不喜爱,厌恶,反感

联想记忆
suppress [sə'pres]

想一想再看

vt. 镇压,使 ... 止住,禁止

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。