手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

生命科学史--恐龙都生活在同一时期吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Squeaks and I are here with our friend Dino.

嘿! 我、吱吱和我们的朋友迪诺在福特堡。

And our library just got a new book that has pictures of all the different kinds of dinosaurs that used to live on Earth.

我们的图书馆刚收到一本新书,里面有各种各样曾经生活在地球上的恐龙的图片。

And it tells a little about them, too...

这也讲述了一些关于恐龙的事情...

...like what they ate!

....比如他们吃的东西!

This page says that some dinosaurs like Stegosaurus and Triceratops ate plants.

这篇文章说像剑龙和三角龙这样的恐龙以植物为食。

So I was thinking that they might have been friends who hit up the salad bar together.

所以我在想他们可能是一起去吃沙拉的朋友。

Uh, Dino...

呃,迪诺...

...but they definitely weren’t friends with the meat eaters, like Allosaurus and T. Rex!

...但它们绝对不是肉食动物的朋友,比如异特龙和雷克斯霸王龙!

I bet they had amazing dinosaur races as they ran to catch the best food.

我敢打赌,当它们跑着去捕捉最好的食物时,它们一定有令人惊叹的恐龙比赛。

Dino...

迪诺...

Yes, Jessi. What do you think?

是的,杰西。你觉得呢?

I think… that it’s fun to imagine what these animals might have done if they’d met.

我认为,想象一下如果这些动物遇到了它们会做什么,这很有趣。

And I also think we need to remember that Stegosaurus and Triceratops weren’t around at the same time.

我还认为我们需要记住剑龙和三角龙并不是同时出现的。

Wait. Wait, what...

等待。等等,什么...

I’m sorry, Dino… but the same is true for Allosaurus and T. rex.

抱歉,迪诺,异特龙和霸王龙也是如此。

These dinosaurs lived in different times from one another!

这些恐龙生活在不同的时代!

I don’t get it! They all lived back in the time of the dinosaurs, right?

我不明白! 他们都生活在恐龙时代,对吧 ?

Yep, you’re right about that! But the time of the dinosaurs was a very long time.

是的,你说得对! 但是恐龙的时代是很长的一段时间。

It lasted millions of years! So all dinosaurs didn’t live at the same time!

它持续了数百万年! 所以不是所有的恐龙都生活在同一时期!

Oooh, good point, Squeaks.

哦,吱吱,说得好。

We built a pretend time machine to imagine what it would be like to travel back in time and see living things from the past.

我们建造了一个虚拟的时光机来想象回到过去看到过去的生物会是什么样子。

But to see all of these dinosaurs, we would have to make more than one trip!

但要看所有这些恐龙,我们得走不止一趟!

So… if we took your time machine back to the time of the dinosaurs, we’d actually have to go to lots of different times.

所以,如果我们把你的时光机带回到恐龙时代,我们实际上要去很多不同的时间。

Exactly! Scientists divide “dinosaur time” into three parts… called periods.

完全正确! 科学家将“恐龙时代”分为三个部分,称为“时期”。

There’s the Triassic period… which started over 200 million years ago.

这是三叠纪时期,它开始于2亿年前。

Some small dinosaurs like Eoraptor lived then.

当时生活着一些小恐龙,比如始盗龙。

Next came the Jurassic period.

接下来是侏罗纪时期。

Allosaurus and Stegosaurus were alive during this period.

异特龙和剑龙生活在这一时期。

The Jurassic period lasted over 50 million years.

侏罗纪时期持续了超过5000万年。

It was after that that dinosaurs like Triceratops and T. rex

在那之后出现了像三角龙和霸王龙这样的恐龙

came along in a time called the Cretaceous period!

出现在一个叫做白垩纪的时期!

Oh, you’re right, Squeaks, it can be pretty hard to think about long periods of time like that.

哦,吱吱,你说得对,像这样长时间的思考是相当困难的。

But I have an idea we can use to show how long ago dinosaurs lived.

但是我有一个想法,我们可以用它来展示恐龙生活了多久。

We can use our bodies as a model!

我们可以用我们的身体作为模型!

We use models to helps us understand or explain something in the world around us.

我们使用模型来帮助我们理解或解释我们周围的世界。

By using our bodies as a model of "Dinosaur Time," we can get a better picture of just how long ago those different periods were!

通过把我们的身体作为“恐龙时代”的模型,我们可以更好地了解这些不同时期是多久以前的事情!

It won’t be perfect… but it will be a way for us to think about things that happened a long time ago!

它不会是完美的,但它将是我们思考很久以前发生的事情的一种方式!

Now… let’s say that the bottom of your shoes is the bottom of our model, when the very first dinosaurs appeared.

现在,假设你鞋子的底部就是我们模型的底部,当第一批恐龙出现的时候。

That’s the beginning of the Triassic period, about 245 million years ago.

这是三叠纪的开始,大约两亿四千五百万年前。

Okay!

好的!

Stegosaurus and Allosaurus didn’t show up until the Jurassic period, about 50 million years later.

剑龙和异特龙直到大约5000万年后的侏罗纪时期才出现。

That means that these dinosaurs would have lived in the time that starts somewhere below your knee and ends somewhere around your hips.

这意味着这些恐龙生活的时代从你的膝盖以下开始,到你的臀部左右结束。

That distance on your body represents about 56 million years.

你身体上的这个距离代表了大约5600万年。

Then... it was T. rex time!

然后…… 是霸王龙的时期了!

The Cretaceous period was about 74 million years long.

白垩纪大约有7400万年。

That means if it starts at your hips, it should end at about your chest.

这意味着如果它开始于你的臀部,它应该结束于你的胸部。

And the time of the dinosaurs ended about 65 million years ago.

恐龙的时代结束于6500万年前。

So everything from your chest to the top of your head represents the last 65 million years!

所以从你的胸部到头顶的所有东西都代表着过去的6500万年!

Oooh, good question, Squeaks.

哦,吱吱,问得好。

Humans and their ancestors have only been on Earth for about 6 million years…

人类和他们的祖先在地球上只存在了大约600万年……

so in our model, that would be only the last couple centimeters of your body.

所以在我们的模型中,那只是你身体的最后几厘米。

Maybe from the top of your forehead up!

也许从你的前额开始!

Wow, so people haven’t been around for very long at all!

哇,这么说人类还没出现很久呢!

No! Life on Earth was around a long time, even before there were dinosaurs...

不! 地球上的生命存在了很长一段时间,甚至在恐龙出现之前……

and I mean a long time.

我是说很长一段时间。

And over that time, the way earth looked and the plants, animals, and other kinds of life that lived here changed a lot!

在这段时间里,地球的样子、植物、动物和其他生活在这里的生物都发生了很大的变化!

Some of these changes happened very fast, like volcanic eruptions!

其中一些变化发生得非常快,就像火山爆发一样!

But others happened very slowly.

但其他的进展非常缓慢。

So slow that we wouldn't have noticed they were happening, even if people had been around.

速度如此之慢,即使有人在附近,我们也不会注意到它们的发生。

Oooh, great question!

噢,好问题!

Squeaks wants to know how we know plants and animals lived during different times if no one was there to see them!

吱吱想知道,如果没有人看到植物和动物,我们是如何知道它们生活在不同的时代的!

I think I know this one!

我想我知道这个!

Is it because of fossils

是因为化石吗

Good job, Dino!

回答得真棒,迪诺!

We’ve found fossils bones, footprints, and other things left behind by ancient animals, plants, and other kinds of life.

我们发现了化石,骨头,脚印和其他东西留下了古老的动物,植物和其他种类的生命。

We use these fossils as clues to try and figure out how long ago they might have lived.

我们用这些化石作为线索,试图弄清楚它们可能生活在多久以前。

How

如何

Well… one way we can tell which fossils are older and which are newer is by how deeply they’re buried.

嗯,我们可以分辨哪些化石更古老,哪些化石更新的一种方法是看它们被埋得有多深。

Think about paper in a recycling bin.

想想把纸放在回收箱里。

The paper that you put into the empty bin last week is on the very bottom of the can.

上周你放进空桶里的那张纸在罐头的最底部。

And it gets buried by the paper you throw in later.

它会被你稍后扔进去的报纸所掩盖。

The very top layer of paper in the recycling bin is the paper you put in there today,

回收箱最上面的一层纸是你今天放进去的纸,

this morning, or even a few minutes ago.

今天早上,甚至几分钟前。

Oh… I see!

哦……我明白了!

So the fossils that are deep in the ground, like Stegosaurus, are older than the ones closer to the top of the ground, like the T. rex.

所以那些埋在地下深处的化石,比如剑龙,比那些靠近地面的化石,比如霸王龙,要古老得多。

That’s right! T. rex is pretty young.

这是正确的! 霸王龙很年轻。

… in dinosaur years, anyway!

无论如何,在恐龙时代,很年轻!

Yes! Now let’s see what else we can learn about in this new book.

是的! 现在让我们看看在这本新书中还能学到什么。

Thanks for joining me here on SciShow Kids.

感谢收看少儿科学秀。

If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks, Dino, me, and all of our other friends,

如果你想继续与吱吱、迪诺、我以及我们所有的朋友一起靴子和玩耍,

be sure to hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time here at The Fort!

请点击订阅按钮,我们下期在福特堡见!

Bye!

再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
volcanic [vɔl'kænik]

想一想再看

adj. 火山的,猛烈的

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
bin [bin]

想一想再看

n. 箱柜,[计] DOS文件名, 二进制目标文件

联想记忆
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。