手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第15节:之前和之后 Before and After

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Penelope, even though we both love speed walking, could we slow down a bit?

佩内洛普,虽然我们都喜欢快步走,但我们能慢一点吗?

No way! I think because I'm walking with you, I'm walking faster.

不可能!我认为因为我和你一起走,所以我走得更快了。

Come on, Penelope. Let's take a break. We've been speed walking since 8 a.m.!

来吧,佩内洛普。我们休息一下吧。我们从早上8点就开始快步走了!

You're so competitive! You even wore your medals!

你好胜心太强了!你甚至戴上了你的奖牌!

You brought your trophies! You're out of shape.

你带来了你的奖品!你的身材走样了。

When we were little girls, we could speed walk all day!

我们小时候可以整天快步走!

Hey, wait for me! Hey, you know the speed walking rules!

嘿,等等我!嘿,你知道快步走的规则的!

If both feet leave the ground, it's running! You ran!

如果两只脚都离开了地面,那就是在跑了!你跑了!

Anna and Penelope are doing something they both love--speed walking!

安娜和佩内洛普正在做她们都喜欢的事情——快步走!

They are also using adverb clauses.

她们也使用了状语从句。

Adverb clauses tell us when, why, how, where and under what conditions.

状语从句告诉我们时间、原因、方式、地点和条件。

For example, "When we were little girls" tells us when.

例如,“我们小时候”告诉我们时间。

Adverb clauses are dependent clauses and need an independent clause to make a complete sentence.

状语从句是从属从句,需要一个独立的分句来构成一个完整的句子。

Words like before, after, when, because, since, if and even though can signal an adverb clause.

像before、after、when、because、since、if和even though这样的词都可以引导状语从句。

Keep watching for more adverb clauses!

继续看,找到更多状语从句吧!

Whew! That was great!

哟!真是太棒了!

Wow, Penelope, you're still really fast! Since I've been working in an office, my speed walking has been much slower.

哇,佩内洛普,你仍然很快!自从我坐在办公室工作以来,我快走的速度变慢了很多。

You are slower, Anna. Maybe you should hire a personal trainer.

你比较慢,安娜。也许你应该雇个私人教练。

That will be great. As long as the trainer understands speed walking.

那就太好了。只要教练懂快步走。

Try this company. After you fill out an online application, they will match you to the perfect trainer.

试试这家公司吧。在你填完了一份在线申请表后,他们会为你匹配一位适合你的教练。

As soon as I get home, I'll do it! Thanks.

我一到家就去填!谢谢。

Hi, are you my trainer?

你好,你是我的教练吗?

If you're Anna, then I'm your trainer -- Alaskan Albert.

如果你是安娜,那么我就是你的教练——来自阿拉斯加的阿尔伯特。

Because I'm from Alaskan wilderness, I'm skilled in all outdoor activities of the wild.

因为我来自阿拉斯加荒野,所以我擅长野外的所有户外活动。

That's great but what about speed walking?

那太好了,但是快步走怎么样呢?

Speed walking? That's funny! Since I've been living in the city, I've combined wilderness training with a city workout.

快步走?真好笑!自从我住在城市以来,我就把野外训练和城市锻炼结合起来了。

I call it "Call of the Wild Parkour!"

我称之为“野性跑酷的呼唤!”

Okay … but seriously, when do we speed walk?

好吧……但说真的,我们什么时候快步走?

Your application did not say how funny you are!

你的申请表上可没说你有多有趣!

No. But it did say that I'm a speed walker! Did you read it? Forget it. We'll have to cancel.

是的。但上面确实说我是个快步行走者!你看申请表了吗?算了。我们得取消了。

Why?

为什么?

We can't train today because it's too cold and too windy.

因为今天天气太冷,风也太大,所以我们不能训练了。

No way! No pain, no gain! When you exercise in really cold weather, you feel alive!

不可能!没有付出就没有收获!当你在非常冷的天气里锻炼时,你会感到精力充沛!

Really? Because right now I just feel cold.

真的?因为现在我只是觉得冷。

You're so funny. But seriously, after our training, you will be ready for any extreme physical challenge. Let's get started!

你太有趣了。但说真的,在我们的训练之后,你将会准备好迎接任何极端的体能挑战。我们开始吧!

Anna, even though you're trying really hard, you're really bad at Call of the Wild Parkour.

安娜,尽管你很努力,但你真的很不擅长“野性跑酷的召唤”。

I'm bad at Call of the Wild Parkour because I don't want to do Call of the Wild Parkour!

我不擅长“野性跑酷的召唤”,因为我不想做“野性跑酷的召唤”!

I am a speed walker. It's what I do. It's part of who I am.

我是个快步行走者。快步走是我该做的。

Why didn't you say something?

你刚才为什么不说呢?

I did. Several times! You thought I was joking.

我说了。好几次了!你以为我在开玩笑。

Now I understand. Anna, I can help you.

现在我明白了。安娜,我可以帮你。

If you follow my advice, I'll put the speed back in your speed walk.

如果你听从我的建议,我会把速度调回到你快步走的速度。

Go, Anna, go!

加油,安娜,加油!

For more about adverb clauses, visit our website!

有关状语从句的更多信息,请访问我们的网站!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
independent [indi'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的
n. 独立

联想记忆
competitive [kəm'petitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 竞争的,比赛的

联想记忆
signal ['signl]

想一想再看

n. 信号,标志
v. (发信号)通知、表示<

联想记忆
wilderness ['wildənis]

想一想再看

n. 荒野,荒地

 
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
dependent [di'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 依靠的,依赖的,从属的
n.

联想记忆
application [.æpli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 应用; 申请; 专心
n. 应用软件程序

 
clause [klɔ:z]

想一想再看

n. 条款,款项,[语]从句,分句

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。