手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 英文演讲录 > 正文

休·杰克曼——感谢三个很重要的人(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I'm starting with a quote.

我从引用一句话开始。

It'll make sense in a second.

一会儿你就明白了。

I've never, ever watched Mr. Rogers' neighbourhood.

我从来没有,从来没有看过《罗杰斯先生的邻居》。

I grew up in Australia, didn't even know what Mr. Rogers was all about.

我在澳大利亚长大,甚至不知道罗杰斯先生是怎么回事。

I wept like a baby watching that documentary, 'Won't You Be My Neighbour?'

我看着那部纪录片哭得像个孩子,‘你不会是我的邻居吗?’

And I wrote this down as I got to this point and I was crying, I was stopping the recording so I could write it down.

当我写到这里的时候,我哭了,我停止了录音,继续写下去。

Mr. Rogers said and this was at a commencement speech or a graduation speech, I'm not sure which.

罗杰斯先生说,这是在一次毕业典礼上的演讲,我不确定是哪一次。

'From the time you were little, people have smiled you into smiling.

‘从你很小的时候起,人们就会对你微笑。”

People have talked you into talking, sung you into singing, loved you into loving.

人们和你谈话,把你唱进歌里,爱你至深。

People have helped you all along the way.

一路走来,人们一直在帮助你。

Some of them may be right here, some of them may be far away.

他们中的一些人可能就在这里,一些人可能在很远的地方。

Some of them may even be in heaven.

甚至一些人可能在天堂。

But deep down, you have always known they wanted what was better.

但在内心深处,你一直知道他们想要更好的东西。

They wanted what was best for you.

他们想要的是对你最好的东西。

They've cared about you beyond measure and have encouraged you to be true to the best within you.'

他们非常关心你,鼓励你做最好的自己。’

I heard this quote.

我听到了这句话。

I wrote it down and the speech that I was writing for this, I ripped up because I didn't come into this business.

我把它写下来,我为它写的演讲稿被我撕掉了,因为我没有进入这一行。

My first job was 26.

我做第一份工作时是26岁。

I did not come in fully formed.

并没有很成熟。

I always feel that I'm a work in progress and there is no, absolutely, I promise you no way I would be standing on this stage with this extraordinary honor if it wasn't for the many, many people.

我一直觉得自己是在不断进步,我想说如果没有这么多人的帮助和鼓励,我绝对不可能站在这个舞台上,获得如此殊荣。

So, Mr. Rogers, I'm not going to thank everybody.

所以,罗杰斯先生,我不是要感谢每个人。

Don't worry everyone, I'm not going to thank everybody.

大家别担心,我不会感谢所有人的。

But I am going to thank the people that are here tonight.

但我要感谢今晚在这里的人。

And I'm just going to be upfront with you, this is going to be long. It's going to be long.

我要坦率地告诉你,这场演讲时间会比较长。

It's going to be longer than it should.

它会比一般的演讲时间更长。

I've hosted the Oscars, the Tony awards four times.

我主持过四次奥斯卡,托尼奖。

I know what makes a great speech.

我知道什么才是一场很棒的演讲。

And this is going to be too long.

而且会很长时间。

I'm going to do all the things you're not meant to do.

我要做所有你没打算做的事。

I'm going to list names.

我要把名单列出来。

Yes, my lawyer is included in that because he's the greatest.

是的,我的律师也在其中,因为他是最棒的。

Yeah Salone, and he's my friend.

萨洛内是我的朋友。

I'm going to do a lot of the things you're not meant to do, but there's no orchestra gonna play me off.

我要做很多你没打算做的事,但没有管弦乐队会拒绝我。

So, sorry, you have to deal with it.

所以,抱歉,你得处理这件事。

But I'm down to three very important people.

后面只剩下三个非常重要的人。

I'm going to mention Kirk Douglas, who Deb and I were, yeah, we were lucky to have morning tea with Kirk and his wife and this morning.

我要提到的是柯克·道格拉斯,今天很幸运和柯克夫妇一起喝了早茶。

I met Kirk when I was doing a play and I have a rule when I do theater, I never go out afterwards.

我是在演戏的时候认识柯克的,我演戏的时候有个原则,演完之后我从来不出去。

It's a blanket rule because I don't really know how to say no to some people.

这是一条笼统的规则,因为我真的不知道如何对某些人说不。

So, I decide, I don't go out with anyone.

所以我决定,我不和任何人出去。

So, word got back to me from my assistant, I told Kirk Douglas that you're not going to go out with him after the show.

所以,我的助手告诉我说,他已经告诉柯克·道格拉斯,演出结束后我不会和他出去。

I said, you what, you told who?

我说,什么,你告诉谁了?

He said, oh yeah, Kirk's coming to the show this weekend.

他说,哦,对了,柯克这个周末要来看演出。

And he wanted to go out to dinner with you and I told no.

他想和你出去吃饭,我拒绝了。

I said, right.

我说,好吧。

I'd really like you to call Kirk, who was 95 years of age and tell him, I just might be able to muster up enough energy to go out and have dinner with him that night.

我真的希望你能打电话给95岁的柯克,告诉他,我也许能积聚足够的精力,当晚出去和他共进晚餐。

As a young actor, I used to listen to a tape, a cassette tape as I drove to my acting school each day, back and forth.

作为一名年轻的演员,之前我每天开车去表演学校的时候都会听磁带,循环播放。

And I listened to his story that was being narrated.

我听了他讲述的故事。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
blanket ['blæŋkit]

想一想再看

n. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版
vt. 用毯子裹,

 
recording [ri'kɔ:diŋ]

想一想再看

n. 录音 动词record的现在分词

联想记忆
orchestra ['ɔ:kistrə]

想一想再看

n. 管弦乐队

联想记忆
quote [kwəut]

想一想再看

n. 引用
v. 引述,举证,报价

联想记忆
extraordinary [iks'trɔ:dnri]

想一想再看

adj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
acting ['æktiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出

 
muster ['mʌstə]

想一想再看

v. 集合,收集,鼓起,激起
n. 集合,检阅

 
commencement [kə'mensmənt]

想一想再看

n. 开始,毕业典礼

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。