手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > 英文演讲录 > 正文

休·杰克曼——感谢三个很重要的人(中)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

He for me was the north star of actors, him and Paul Newman, a movie star.

对我来说,他是演员中的北极星,他和电影明星保罗·纽曼Paul Newman都是。

When he turned a hundred, Steven Spielberg said at his birthday celebration, he said, I've worked with the best people in the business, honestly the best, but I've only met one movie star in my entire life.

他一百岁的时候,史蒂芬·斯皮尔伯格在他的生日庆典上说,我和业内最优秀的人合作过,老实说,我一生中只遇到过一位电影明星。

And that is Kirk Douglas because when Kirk Douglas is on the screen, I cannot look away.

就是柯克·道格拉斯,因为当柯克·道格拉斯出现在银幕上时,我无法移开视线。

Kirk also is an unbelievable philanthropist.

柯克也是一位非常棒的慈善家。

Many of you know what he does for the Motion Picture Television fund, what he and his wife does for homelessness, for women.

你们大都知道他为电影电视基金做了什么,他和他的妻子为无家可归的人做了什么,为女性做了什么。

But to me, what always gets me is that at the height of his powers, during the McCarthy era, he risked everything and broke the strike, that was on the blacklist.

但对我来说,让我印象深刻的是,在麦卡锡时代,在他权力的巅峰时期,他冒着一切风险打破了黑名单上的罢工。

He broke the blacklist himself because it was wrong and he would stake everything he'd built to rewrite that.

他自己打破了黑名单,因为它是错误的,他将不惜一切代价改写它。

So, receiving this award means the absolutely world to me.

所以,获得这个奖项对我来说意义非凡。

Oh, by the way, I have to tell you, it's funny, Roger, that you said about me, the best is yet to come, because I immediately thought of Kirk who says that every time I've met him and even today at the age of 102, the best is yet to come.

顺便说一句,一件很有趣的事情,罗杰,你跟说我,最好的还在后头,我立刻想到柯克,我每次遇到他,即使现在已经102岁了,他还在说最好的还在后头。

There's a secret in that for living, right?

那就是生活的秘诀,对吧?

Patrick Weitzel, Patrick Weitzel has been my agent for 20 years.

第二个人是帕特里克·韦策尔,他做我的经纪人已经20年了。

He's here tonight.

他今晚在这里。

And I'm going to tell you a story.

我要给你们讲一个故事。

I said, Deb, I don't know how to sum up my 20-year friendship and working relationship with Patrick.

我说,黛布,我不知道该怎么总结我和帕特里克20年的友谊和工作关系。

He said, yeah you do, tell him the story of when you first met and when you got X-Men.

他说,讲一下你们第一次见面和拍《X战警》的故事。

I said, okay, I've never told this story before.

我说,好吧,我以前从没讲过这个故事。

So, you heard a little bit from Jason that someone else got the part.

你听杰森说过有人得到了那个角色。

It was about a six-month process for me actually getting the part.

我真正得到这个角色大约花了六个月的时间。

You know, the ending of the story, I get the part, right?

你已经知道,最终我得到了那个角色,对吧?

But what you don't know is that in those final two or three auditions, it was about a two-week period or a week, something like that.

但是你不知道的是,在最后的两三次海选,大概是一两周左右。

We were in LA, Deb and I to actually start proceedings on adopting our child, Oscar.

我们当时在洛杉矶,黛布和我正在着手处理收养我们的孩子奥斯卡的程序。

And we were doing that in Los Angeles.

我们当时在洛杉矶处理那些事情。

So, we'd flown in from Australia.

我们是从澳大利亚飞过来的。

I was due to start a film 10 days from then.

我本应在10天后开始拍摄一部电影。

The director of the film cast me in my first ever movie.

我第一部电影的那个导演。

And he was doing another small movie and he asked me to be in it.

他在拍另一部小电影,他邀请我出演。

It wasn't a lead role; it was a small role.

不是一个主角,是一个小角色。

Of course, I said, yes, there was no contract.

当然,还没有签合同。

There wasn't a handshake.

没有握手敲定。

You know, my mate says, we are making a movie, I said, yeah, great, I'll be in.

我的朋友说,我们在拍电影,我说,太好了,我会去的。

So, as all this was happening with X-Men and it was going further and further down the line, it was getting more and more serious.

《X-战警》这边也在进行着,随着事态的发展,事情变得越来越严重。

We were doing deals in case I got the part, my new agent at the time, Patrick was only about six months.

我们也在做一些准备,万一我得到这个角色,当时我的新经纪人,帕特里克工作才六个月。

And this was the first audition I'd had.

这是我第一次参加试镜。

So, we'd never really been in the cold or another deal before.

我们从来没有真正被冷落过,也没有过其他合作。

I get the part and I ring and Patrick said, hey man, you got it.

我得到了这个角色,我打电话给帕特里克说,伙计,你拿到了。

And I was about to say, without knowing his response, I can't do the part because I've said to my mate, I'd be in his film.

还不知道他什么反应,我正要说,我不能演这个角色,因为我已经对我的伙伴说过,我会出演他的电影。

And he starts in 10 days.

他10天后开拍。

I didn't have to say that in the end, because Patrick said, I know you said you are going to be in the film.

其实我没必要这么说,因为帕特里克说,我知道你说过你会出演这部电影。

And I want you to know, we're going to honor that agreement.

我想让你知道,我们会遵守约定的。

And I'll never forget this.

我永远不会忘记这件事。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
philanthropist [fi'lænθrəpist]

想一想再看

n. 慈善家,博爱的人,博爱主义者

联想记忆
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
director [di'rektə, dai'rektə]

想一想再看

n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演

 
handshake ['hændʃeik]

想一想再看

n. 握手

 
mate [meit]

想一想再看

n. 伙伴,配偶,同事
vt. 使 ... 配

 
stake [steik]

想一想再看

n. 桩,赌注,利害关系
v. 下注,用桩支撑

联想记忆
audition [ɔ:'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 听,听力,试听

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。