手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第18节:面粉宝宝(下) Flour Baby, Part 2

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In Part 1 of this two-part lesson, Ms. Weaver gave Anna and Pete an assignment.

本节课分为两部分,在第一部分中,韦弗女士给安娜和皮特布置了一个任务。

Ms. Weaver instructed them to do everything by themselves.

韦弗女士指示他们要自己做所有的事。

"Themselves" is a reflexive pronoun.

“Themselves”是反身代词。

In today's lesson, Ms. Weaver will look at Pete's and Anna's research. First, let's see Pete's experiment.

在今天的课程中,韦弗女士将会查看皮特和安娜的研究报告。首先,让我们来看看皮特的实验。

Okay, Pete, let me see your research first.

好了,皮特,先让我看看你的研究报告。

That's a heavy binder. And you and your baby look great.

这是本很厚的活页本。你和你的宝宝看起来很好。

Thanks, Ms. Weaver. We feel great!

谢谢,韦弗女士。我们感觉很棒!

Anna. Anna, you're next. Anna? Anna, wake up!

安娜。安娜,你是下一个。安娜?安娜,醒醒!

I'm here, Baby! I'm here! I'm here! Here's your bottle.

宝宝,我在这里!我在这里!我在这里!给你奶瓶。

Anna, you and your baby look awful. What happened?

安娜,你和你的宝宝看起来糟透了。发生了什么?

Well, I took her everywhere. Everywhere. And I fed her every three hours. So, I haven't slept since … what day is it?

嗯,我带着她到处跑。到处。我每三个小时喂她一次。所以,自从……之后我就没睡过觉。今天星期几?

It's Friday. What happened there?

今天是星期五。那里发生了什么事?

Oh, that. Oh, that. I was making myself a salad and had a little accident with a knife.

哦,那个。哦,那个。我在给自己做沙拉的时候刀出了点小意外。

I put my flour baby in front of me. And then I accidentally stabbed it. But I gave it First Aid!

我把我的面粉宝宝放在我面前。然后我不小心捅了它一刀。但我对它进行了急救!

Is that a burn?

那是烧伤吗?

Yes. Yes it is. While I was making myself dinner, I put Baby next to me.

是的。是的。当我给自己做晚饭的时候,我把宝宝放在我旁边。

I accidentally knocked her into the sink. So I put her in the microwave to dry.

我不小心把她撞到水槽里了。所以我把她放在微波炉里烘干。

That's when she caught fire.

就在那时她着火了。

Okay. So, we use a reflexive pronoun when it refers to the subject of a sentence or clause.

好了。因此,当反身代词指句子或从句的主语时,我们使用反身代词。

But we don't use a reflexive pronoun with prepositions of place.

但我们不会把反身代词与地点介词连用。

Anna uses examples of both in one sentence: While I was making myself dinner, I put Baby next to me.

安娜在一句话中使用了这两种情况的例子:当我给自己做晚饭时,我把宝宝放在我旁边。

We use a reflexive pronoun in the first part of the sentence. "Myself" refers to the subject "I."

我们在这个句子的第一部分使用反身代词。“Myself”指的是主语“I”。

But in the second part of the sentence, we don't use a reflexive pronoun in the prepositional phrase.

但是在这个句子的第二部分,我们在介词短语中不使用反身代词。

We use the pronoun "me." Why? "next to" is a preposition of place.

我们用代词“me”。为什么?因为“next to”是地点介词。

Anna, Anna, you should be very proud of yourself.

安娜,安娜,你应该为自己感到骄傲。

Proud? She stabbed and burned her baby!! And she only did one page of research…and it's covered in milk. Ew.

骄傲?她刺伤和烧伤了她的宝宝!而且她只写了一页研究报告……而且上面还有牛奶。真恶心。

Yes, Pete. But she followed instructions.

是的,皮特。但她听从了指示。

Hey, I did the…

嘿,我做了……

Please, Pete. Anna, I think your baby has lost some weight. Is there something else you want to share?

拜托,皮特。安娜,我觉得你的宝宝体重轻了一些。你还有什么想分享的吗?

Yes. I'd like to share … these! I made them myself this morning.

是的。我想分享……这些!今天早上我自己做的。

You baked your baby? You should be ashamed of yourself!

你烤了你的宝宝?你应该为自己感到羞耻!

I baked them at the end of the experiment, Pete. At that point, this was just a bag of flour.

我在实验结束时烤的,皮特。那时,这只是一袋面粉。

It was always just a bag of flour!!

它一直都只是一袋面粉!!

Pete, will you listen to yourself?! You sound crazy.

皮特,听听你自己说的话?!你听起来很疯狂。

I sound crazy! This whole experiment was crazy!! She was the one who carried around and fed it and…

我听起来很疯狂!这整个实验就很疯狂!她是那个带着它到处走、喂它吃东西……的人。

Mmm. That is good.

嗯。真好吃。

So, what have we learned? We've learned when to use reflexive pronouns and when not to.

那么,我们学到了什么呢?我们已经学会了什么时候用反身代词,什么时候不用反身代词。

Go to our website for more information!

了解更多信息,请访问我们的网站!

You can practice using reflexive pronouns in our comments section.

你们可以在我们的评论区练习使用反身代词。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
weaver ['wi:və]

想一想再看

n. 织布者,织工

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
preposition [.prepə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 介词

联想记忆
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆
assignment [ə'sainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)

联想记忆
sink [siŋk]

想一想再看

n. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器
vi. 下

 
clause [klɔ:z]

想一想再看

n. 条款,款项,[语]从句,分句

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。