手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第21节:变废为宝(上) Trash to Treasure, Part 1

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Got it. Pete, I promise I won't tell anyone. Bye. He is so strange.

我知道了。皮特,我保证我不会告诉任何人。再见。他太奇怪了。

Hey, Anna! Hi, Ashley!

嘿,安娜!嗨,阿什莉!

Are you talking to yourself again?

你又在自言自语了吗?

No, not this time. I was talking to Pete.

不,这次不是。我在和皮特说话。

How's he doing?

他最近怎么样?

Good. He has a birthday coming up! But he told me not to tell anyone. Why?

他很好。他的生日快到了!但他告诉我不要告诉任何人。为什么?

Well, from the way he was speaking, I don't think he likes cake or presents or fun.

嗯,从他说话的样子来看,我觉得他不喜欢蛋糕、礼物或乐趣。

That sounds like Pete.

听起来像皮特。

Well, I don't care. I'm getting him a present. Do you know where I can buy something unique?

嗯,我不在乎。我要送他一份礼物。你知道在哪里我可以买到独特的东西吗?

I do -- Tanglewood Works. You will definitely find something unique there.

我知道——唐格伍德手工店。你一定会在那里找到一些独特的东西。

Great. I'll go this weekend. Now, speaking of Pete's birthday, what else should I do? I know. I'll rent him a clown!

太棒了。我这个周末去。说到皮特的生日,我还能做什么?我知道了。我要给他租个小丑!

Yeah, he'll never speak to you again.

是的,他再也不会跟你说话了。

Did you hear Ashley and Anna using the words "talk" and "speak"?

你们听到阿什莉和安娜用“talk”和“speak”这两个词了吗?

"Talk" and "speak" both mean "to say words." And, many times, you can use either word without losing any meaning.

“Talk”和“speak”的意思都是“说话”。而且,很多时候,你们可以使用这两个词中的任何一个词,不会失去任何意义。

But there are some differences in when we use these words.

但是在我们使用这两个词的时候会有一些区别。

The word "talk" is usually used: for conversations between two or more people and informal situations, such as between friends or family.

“talk”通常用于两个或两个以上的人之间的谈话和非正式场合,比如朋友或家人之间的对话。

For example, Ashley asks Anna: "Are you talking to yourself again?"

例如,阿什莉问安娜:“你又在自言自语了吗?”

"Speak" is usually used: for one-way communication, such as presentations, formal situations, such as a boss speaking with her workers to talk about language ability and in polite requests.

“Speak”通常用于单向交流,比如演讲,正式场合,比如老板和她的员工谈论语言能力,礼貌地提出要求。

Keep watching, and listen for the words "talk" and "speak".

继续看,注意听“talk”和“speak”这两个词。

Hey there. Welcome to Tanglewood Works! I'm Sue. How can I help you today?

嘿,你好。欢迎来到唐格伍德手工店!我是苏。今天有什么可以帮你的吗?

Hi Sue, I'm Anna. A friend told me about your store. She said, "Anna, this place is really unique!"

嗨,苏,我是安娜。一个朋友告诉我你的店。她说:“安娜,这个地方很独特!”

We are! Here at Tanglewood Works, we focus on things that are handmade, reclaimed and recycled.

我们确实独特!在唐格伍德手工店,我们专注于手工制作、重新利用和回收的东西。

Wow! That is really good for the environment.

哇!这对环境很有好处。

It's really good for you too. Local artists made all of these one-of-a-kind pieces. And I paint most of the furniture.

这对你也有好处。当地艺术家制作了所有这些独一无二的作品。而且大部分家具都是我画的。

Can I look around?

我可以四处看看吗?

Oh, please do.

哦,请便。

So, Anna, do you like to make things?

那么,安娜,你喜欢做东西吗?

Me? Oh, no. Every time I try to make something, something goes wrong.

我?哦,不。每次我试图做东西的时候,都会出问题。

Oh. Oh, Sorry. Sorry.

哦。哦,对不起。对不起。

It's okay. Anna, everybody can make something.

没关系。安娜,每个人都能做点什么。

Sue, this piece is very interesting!

苏,这件作品很有趣!

You know, when I found these pieces, they were broken and in a dumpster. But they spoke to me. And they said, "Save me, Sue! Save me!"

当我发现这些部件的时候,它们已经坏了,被扔进了垃圾箱。但它们跟我说话了。它们说,“救救我,苏!救救我!”

Sue, what do you mean they "spoke" to you?

苏,你说它们跟你“说话”是什么意思?

When I see something special that someone has thrown away, I can almost hear it talk.

当我看到别人扔掉的特别的东西时,我几乎能听到它在说话。

It's not saying anything!

它什么都没说!

Anna, it's not easy to see the treasure in trash.

安娜,在垃圾里看到宝藏可不容易。

Or hear it talk.

或者听到它说话。

But you can learn. In fact, I teach private classes. And one is called Turning Trash to Treasure.

但你可以学习。事实上,我开设了私人课程。其中一节叫变废为宝。

Next week, bring in some trash and we'll turn it into treasure. Just remember--pick some trash that "speaks" to you.

下周,带些垃圾来,我们会变废为宝的。记住——挑一些对你“说话”的垃圾。

Got it! I'll see you next week!

我知道了!下周见!

Will Anna find trash that "speaks" to her? What will it say? We'll find out next week!

安娜会找到跟她“说话”的垃圾吗?它会说什么呢?下周我们就知道了!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
sue [su:]

想一想再看

vt. 控告,起诉
vi. 请求,追求,起诉

 
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
communication [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。