手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第24节:我感觉好极了! I Feel Super!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi! I see you like superhero culture. Me too.

嗨!我看你喜欢超级英雄文化。我也是。

In fact, tonight I'm going to the big superhero convention. Are you going?

事实上,今晚我要去参加超级英雄大会。你要去吗?

Um, I don't know.

嗯,我不知道。

Well, you'd better decide soon. Last year, it sold out.

嗯,你最好快点决定。去年,它卖光了。

So, since we're talking about superheroes: would you rather become a superhero by accident, like Spiderman, or be born a superhero, like Wonder Woman?

那么,既然我们在谈论超级英雄:你是宁愿像蜘蛛侠那样偶然成为超级英雄,还是像神奇女侠那样生来就是超级英雄呢?

Take your time. It's a big question. I thought about it for days.

不用着急。这是个大问题。我考虑了好几天。

Okay. If I had to choose, I'd rather be born a superhero.

好吧。如果我非得选的话,我宁愿生来就是超级英雄。

I'd rather become a superhero by an unexpected accident!

我宁愿因为出人意料的事故而成为超级英雄!

Aren't all accidents unexpected?

难道不是所有的意外事故都是出人意料的吗?

Well, yeah.

嗯,是的。

What was that!? Are you okay?

那是什么!?你没事吧?

I'm better than okay. I feel super!

我非常好。我感觉好极了!

Oh No! Anna was just hit by lightning. She had better get help.

哦不!安娜刚刚被闪电击中了。她最好去寻求帮助。

We use had better to give advice. It is very informal and stronger than should or ought to. For example, Anna says: "You'd better decide soon. Last year, it sold out."

我们用had better来给出建议。它是非常不正式的,比should或ought to更强烈。例如,安娜说:“你最好快点决定。去年,它卖光了。”

When we use had better, we usually shorten the word had for personal pronouns.

当我们使用had better时,我们通常会把单词had缩略,和人称代词连在一起。

We use would rather to say what we or someone else prefers to do or have. For example, the boy says: "Okay. If I had to choose, I'd rather be born a superhero."

我们用would rather来表达我们或别人更喜欢做的事情或拥有的东西。例如,那个男孩说:“好吧。如果我非得选的话,我宁愿生来就是超级英雄。”

With would rather, we also shorten the word would when used with personal pronouns. Keep watching and listen for had better and would rather.

当would rather与人称代词连用时,我们也会把单词would缩略。继续看和注意听had better和would rather。

You'd better see a doctor. I've never felt better!

你最好去看医生。我从未感觉这么好过!

You were just struck by lightning!! And what happened to your hair and your clothes?

你刚刚被闪电击中了!!你的头发和衣服怎么了?

I don't know. Wait, I do know. This is my super suit! And this is my origin story.

我不知道。等等,我知道了。这是我的超级套装!这就是我的起源故事。

What are you talking about?

你在说什么呢?

An origin story tells the beginning of a superhero. You should know that.

一个起源故事讲述了一个超级英雄的开始。你应该知道这一点。

You're not making any sense, lady.

你说的话一点道理都没有,女士。

I would rather be called Lightning Bolt Lady! It'll sound great in a theme song: Lightning Bolt Lady!

我宁愿被称为闪电女神!把它放在主题曲里听起来会很棒:闪电女神!

Now, I need to find my superpowers. Um, I really think…

现在,我需要找到我的超能力。嗯,我真的认为……

Wait. Don't tell me. I'll read your mind. You are thinking you'd like to be my super helper.

等等。别告诉我。我知道你在想什么。你在想你想做我的超级助手。

I was not thinking that.

我没这么想。

…that you'd like to live in a treehouse. No.

……你想住在树屋里。不。

… that you should eat more vegetables.

……你应该多吃蔬菜。

Please, stop talking. You really should get some help.

拜托,别说话了。你真的应该寻求帮助。

Mind reading is not my superpower. Maybe I can become invisible. I … am … invisible!

读心术不是我的超能力。也许我可以隐身。我是隐形的!

You can't see me. Who am I? I'm not here. You can't see me.

你看不到我。我是谁?我不在这里。你看不到我。

I can see you and so can everybody else.

我看得见你,其他人也看得见你。

No power of invisibility. Maybe I can create a force field. I feel it working. Nothing can hurt.

没有隐身能力。也许我可以创造一个力场。我觉得它起作用了。没有什么能伤害我。

Ow, that wasn't very nice. I see I have a lot of work to do. Well, goodbye, non-super person!

哎呦,这可不太好。我知道我有很多工作要做。好了,再见,非超人!

Wait. I'd better go with you. You might get worse…if that's even possible.

等等。我最好和你一起去。你可能会变得更糟……如果可能的话。

That's very nice of you, ordinary human. But I'd rather go by myself. This is a quest.

你真好,普通人。但我宁愿自己去。这是一次探索。

Every time you speak, I get more confused.

你每次说话,我就变得更困惑。

A quest is a part of all superhero stories. You really need to work on your superhero studies. Now, stand back. I've never flown before.

探索是所有超级英雄故事的一部分。你真的需要好好研究下超级英雄了。现在,退后。我以前从未飞过。

And you're not flying now.

你现在也没在飞。

Flying is not my superpower. That's too bad. It's going to be expensive to Uber everywhere. You know, I'd rather walk. It's a nice day. Goodbye, non-super person.

飞行不是我的超能力。太糟糕了。“优步打车到处都很贵。你知道,我宁愿走路。今天天气很好。再见,非超人。

I am not talking to strangers again.

我不会再和陌生人说话了。

Will Lightning Bolt Lady find her superpowers … ever? Ouch! Did that brick wall hurt? Will this young man ever talk to a stranger again?

闪电女神会找到她的超能力吗?哎呦!那堵砖墙疼吗?这个年轻人还会再和陌生人说话吗?

Find out on the next episode of Let's Learn English!

请在下一期的“让我们学英语”中找到答案吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 
theme [θi:m]

想一想再看

n. 题目,主题

 
quest [kwest]

想一想再看

n. 探索,寻求
v. 寻找,搜索

 
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
unexpected ['ʌnik'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 想不到的,意外的

 
convention [kən'venʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大会,协定,惯例,公约

联想记忆
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
bolt [bəult]

想一想再看

n. 螺栓,插销,门闩
v. 闩住,插销,(突

 
shorten ['ʃɔ:tn]

想一想再看

v. 弄短,变短

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。