手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大咖访谈集 > 正文

谷爱凌:我想要鼓励年轻女孩们加入滑雪运动

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

One of my biggest goals in skiing has always been to inspire young girls,

我在滑雪上最大的目标之一,一直是激励年轻的女孩们,

especially young Asian-American girls

尤其是年轻的亚裔美国女孩,

or young girls who don't really see representation in our sport yet.

或者是在这项运动中还没有真正看到代表人物的那些年轻女孩。

And so that is really exciting to me because I've always had that as a goal.

这是很令我兴奋的事情,因为我一直把它当做我的一个目标。

But being able to see those records being broken

但是,看到这些记录被打破,

and see myself taking those steps towards it

自己再努力追赶那些记录,

is kind of a mind-bending moment for me.

这也挺考验我的意志的。

So it's happened really fast,

这一切发生得很快,

but I'm really grateful for all the people who've been around me,

但我真的非常感谢所有一直在我身边的人,

my sponsors, IWC, my family, my mom, my coaches who have supported me the whole time.

我的赞助商、IWC、我的家人、我的妈妈,以及一直以来都在支持我的教练。

Right, sometimes you feel like, as a young person, you feel like,

是的,作为一个年轻人,有时你会觉得,

Oh, I have to wait until I'm older before I can really make change

哦,我必须得等长大之后才能真正做出改变,

or before I can really do things that are important and impactful to the world.

才能真正做一些对世界重要和有影响力的事情。

But really, I think it's important to be a young person

但实际上,我认为作为一个年轻人,

and to show that age doesn't dictate capability

重要的是要展现出,年龄并不能决定能力,

and that experience teaches more than anything else.

而经验教给我们的东西比其他任何东西都多。

And so, yeah, I think that is my biggest goal,

所以,是的,我认为这是我最看重的,

and it's something that I wish I had more of growing up.

经验也是我希望我在成长过程中拥有更多的东西。

But also, I'm really grateful

同时,我对这一切真的很感恩,

because I grew up in a very healthy and supportive environment

因为我在一个非常健康的、充满支持的环境下长大,

with my mom and my grandma, who are both incredibly empowered women

我的妈妈和奶奶都是非常有能力的女性,

and who served as the role models

就这方面来说,

that I didn't really see on TV or in this sport or other extreme sports, for that matter.

她们是我在电视上,或者这项运动中,或者其它极限运动中,从没有见过的榜样。

So I wanted to be kind of the one to introduce skiing to people,

所以我想把滑雪这项运动介绍给大家,

to show people the joy of it.

向大家展示滑雪的乐趣。

And so that when people think of free skiing,

这样当人们想到自由滑雪时,

they don't think of a older white man.

他们不再会想到一个年长的白人。

They think of a young, worldly biracial girl

他们想到的是一个年轻的、充满生活阅历的混血女孩,

who is bubbly and likes to do a bunch of different things

活泼开朗,喜欢做各种不同的事情,

and has this genuine passion for the sport.

拥有对这项运动真正的热情。

And that was probably my biggest goal.

这或许是我最大的目标。

And now, you know, looking in China, it absolutely has paid off.

现在放眼中国,这些努力完全已经有了回报。

I see before there was nobody at the ski resorts.

我知道以前滑雪场的人很少。

I knew everybody who freeskied in China

我认识所有在中国玩自由滑雪的人,

because there were only a handful of them.

因为玩这项运动的人很少。

There were probably 20 or 30 people in the whole country

全国大概有二三十个人

who knew about it and who were really doing the sport.

了解这项运动,真正地在做这项运动。

And now, you know, I could never count.

而现在,你知道吗,我根本数不过来。

I show up to a resort

我去到雪场,

and there are just lines everywhere

那里到处都排着队,

and people are with their families and their friends,

大家和家人和朋友一起,

and everyone's having a great time.

每个人都玩得很开心。

And so it's really exploding.

所以滑雪这项运动真的开始风靡了。

So I'm really glad to have even made a small impact in that.

所以我真的很高兴能在这方面做出一点小贡献。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
genuine ['dʒenjuin]

想一想再看

adj. 真正的,真实的,真诚的

联想记忆
environment [in'vaiərənmənt]

想一想再看

n. 环境,外界

 
passion ['pæʃən]

想一想再看

n. 激情,酷爱

联想记忆
inspire [in'spair]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,使 ... 感动,激发,煽动
v

联想记忆
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
dictate [dik'teit]

想一想再看

vi. 听写
vt. 口述,口授
n

联想记忆
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
resort [ri'zɔ:t]

想一想再看

n. (度假)胜地,手段,凭借
vi. 诉诸,

联想记忆
capability [.keipə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 能力,才能,性能,容量

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。