手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第28节:令人讨厌的冰激凌车音乐 For the Birds

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh, Anna, there you are! I am so glad we joined the Great City Bird Count! Aren't you?

哦,安娜,你来了!我很高兴我们参加城市鸟类计数组织!不是吗?

No. Today has been a bust … a flop … a bummer!

不。今天被毁了,糟透了!

I'm sensing a little disappointment. A little?

我感觉到了一点失望。一点?

Well, my official bird-watching form is almost full!

我正式的鸟类观察表基本填满了!

I've only seen pigeons…lots and lots of pigeons! But I did write down some other valuable information.

我只见过鸽子……好多好多鸽子!但我记录了其他一些有价值的信息。

Did you find a bird's nest?! No.

你找到鸟巢了吗?!没有。

I found 10 ice cream trucks in this five-block area. Their music seems to follow me everywhere.

我在这五个街区找到了10辆冰激凌车。它们的音乐好像到处跟着我。

We're supposed to be counting birds, not ice cream trucks. This is important scientific work!

我们应该数的是鸟,而不是冰激凌车。这是一项重要的科学工作!

Well, when you want ice cream, my data will be pretty important.

嗯,当你想吃冰激凌的时候,我的数据会很重要。

Anna, birds are everywhere! I'm sure you'll find something. Use your imagination!

安娜,到处都是鸟!我相信你会找到一些鸟的。发挥你的想象力!

But, make sure that you put it on the official form.

但是,一定要把它写在正式的表格上。

Anna was supposed to find birds, but she didn't.

安娜应该去找鸟,但她没有。

Kelly says, "We're supposed to be counting birds, not ice cream trucks."

凯利说:“我们应该数的是鸟,而不是冰激凌车。”

To be supposed to means you are expected to do something.

To be supposed to的意思是你被期望做某事。

It's different from have to and ought to. Have to means you must do something. And ought to means you should do it but you don't have to.

它与have to和ought to不同。Have to的意思是你必须做某事。ought to的意思是你应该做某事,但你不必非得做。

Keep watching for have to and ought to!

继续往下看,看是必须做还是应该做!

No birds. Oh wait, there's another ice cream truck! Anna, focus on birds.

没有鸟。哦,等等,那里还有一辆冰激凌车!安娜,集中注意力在鸟上。

Aw, but that truck has my favorite flavor…banana!

哦,但是那辆卡车上有我最喜欢的口味……香蕉味!

That man is in the way. I can't see the price. I wonder what flavor he's getting.

那个人挡着我的视线了。我看不到价格。我想知道他在买什么口味的冰激凌。

Strawberry? He doesn't seem like a strawberry kind of guy.

草莓味?他看起来不是个喜欢草莓味的人。

In fact, he doesn't seem like an ice cream truck kind of guy. That suit looks expensive.

事实上,他看起来不像是那种喜欢吃冰激凌的人。他穿的那套西装看起来很贵。

Maybe he's a spy! You know what that means: The ice cream truck driver is a spy, too!

也许他是个间谍!你知道这意味着什么:冰激凌车的司机也是间谍!

Genius! It's a perfect disguise.

真是天才!这是一个完美的伪装。

What?! The man in the suit left his briefcase at the ice cream truck!

什么?!那个西装男把他的公文包留在了冰激凌车前!

I was right! He is a spy! And, he just dropped off top-secret information!

我是对的!他是个间谍!而且,他刚刚留下了绝密信息!

I ought to do something. Something needs to be done! I need to do something.

我应该做点什么。我得做点什么!我需要做点什么。

I did it! I took the spy's briefcase!

我做到了!我拿到了间谍的公文包!

What's that?! The ice cream truck -- it's following me! It wants the case back! I have to hide.

那是什么?!那辆冰激凌车——它跟着我!它想要回这个箱子!我得藏起来。

This is my life now -- running, scared, alone.

这就是我现在的生活——一个人四处逃窜,担惊受怕。

That awful music -- it's following me everywhere!

那个讨厌的音乐——它到处跟着我!

Hey! You found my briefcase.

嘿!你找到了我的公文包。

You caught me! I mean, I caught you!

你抓到我了!我是说,我抓到你了!

Well, I just want my briefcase. All my poems are in there.

嗯,我只想要我的公文包。我所有的诗都在里面。

Poems? You're a poet?

诗?你是诗人吗?

Well, I'm a lawyer. But I write poems, too.

嗯,我是个律师。但我也写诗。

So, you're not a spy?

所以,你不是间谍?

You look disappointed.

你看起来很失望。

No, that's okay. It's not your fault. Poems are nice, too. I guess.

不,没关系。这不是你的错。我猜你写的诗也很棒。

Well, would you like me to read my latest one? Why not?

嗯,你想听我给你朗读一下我最新的一首诗吗?为什么不呢?

On sunny day walks, my hand reaches for ice cream from fragaria.

天气晴朗,悠闲散步,草莓味的冰激凌把我吸引了过来。

I love your poem! I love ice cream. Me too.

我喜欢你的诗!我喜欢冰激凌。我也是。

What's your favorite flavor? Banana.

你最喜欢什么口味?香蕉味。

Well, my favorite flavor is… Strawberry!

嗯,我最喜欢的口味是……草莓味!

How did you know that? A little bird told me.

你怎么知道的?小鸟告诉我的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
genius ['dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

n. 天才,天赋

联想记忆
flop [flɔp]

想一想再看

n. 砰然落下,失败 v. 笨重的摔,猛落,笨拙地抛下

 
disappointed [.disə'pɔintid]

想一想再看

adj. 失望的

 
disappointment [.disə'pɔintmənt]

想一想再看

n. 失望,令人失望的人或事

 
flavor ['fleivə]

想一想再看

n. 滋味,香料,风格
vt. 加味于

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
spy [spai]

想一想再看

n. 间谍,侦探,侦察
vt. 侦探,看到,找

 
bust [bʌst]

想一想再看

n. 半身像,胸部,萧条,破产 v. 打碎

联想记忆
disguise [dis'gaiz]

想一想再看

n. 假面目,伪装物,假装
vt. 假装,假扮

联想记忆
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。