手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

在艰难中寻求幸福(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

There are only two kinds of people who do not experience painful emotions.

世界上只有两种人不会经历痛苦的情绪。

The first kind are the psychopaths.

第一种是精神病患者。

The second kind are dead.

第二种人是死人。

There is a false understanding or expectation that a happy life means being happy all the time.

有一种错误的理解或期望,认为幸福的生活意味着一直都是快乐的。

No.

但事实并非如此。

Learning to accept, and even embrace painful emotions is an important part of a happy life.

学习接受,甚至拥抱痛苦的情绪是幸福生活的一个重要部分。

And the study of painful emotions is an important part of the field of happiness studies.

而对痛苦情绪的研究是幸福研究领域的一个重要部分。

My name is Tal Ben Shahar.

我是塔尔-本-沙哈尔。

I'm a student and teacher in the field of happiness studies.

我是幸福研究领域的一名学生,同时也是一位老师。

And my most recent book is "Happier, No Matter What".

我最近写的书是《无论如何都要更幸福》。

There is a very important concept that was introduced by Nassim Taleb.

其中有一个非常重要的概念,是由纳西姆-塔勒布提出的。

And that is antifragility.

即反脆弱性。

Antifragility is essentially resilience 2.0.

反脆弱性本质上是2.0版的复原力。

Resilience 1.0 is when we put pressure on a system.

1.0版的复原力是当我们给一个系统施加压力。

After the pressure is lifted, that system goes back to its original form.

在压力解除后,该系统又恢复到原来的形式。

Antifragility takes this idea a step further.

反脆弱性将这一想法向前推进了一步。

You put pressure on a system.

你给一个系统施加压力。

It actually grows bigger, stronger.

它实际上会变大,变强。

We see antifragile systems all around us and within us.

我们发现周围和我们的内部都有反脆弱系统。

For example, our muscular system, we go to the gym and we lift weights.

例如,我们的肌肉系统,我们去健身房,我们举重。

We're putting pressure on our muscles.

我们把压力放在我们的肌肉上。

What happens as a result, we actually grow stronger.

结果是,我们实际上变得更加强大。

We're an antifragile system.

我们是一个反脆弱的系统。

On the psychological level, you know what that's called?

在心理层面上,你知道这叫什么吗?

PTG, post traumatic growth.

PTG,创伤后成长。

So where post-traumatic stress disorder, PTSD, is about breaking down, post traumatic growth is about growing stronger as a result of pressure of stress.

因此,创伤后应激障碍,PTSD,是关于崩溃,而创伤后成长是关于压力让我们变得更加强大。

It's antifragility.

这是反脆弱性。

The role of the science of happiness is to teach us what conditions we can put in place to increase the likelihood of growing from hardship.

幸福科学的作用是告诉我们,我们可以设置哪些条件来增加从困难中成长的可能性。

Now, there is a paradox when it comes to pursuing happiness.

现在,谈到追求幸福,有一个悖论。

On the one hand, we know that happiness is a good thing, whether in and of itself, or as a means toward other ends.

一方面,我们知道幸福是一件好事,无论是其本身,还是作为实现其他目的的手段。

At the same time, we also know from research by Iris Moss and others, that people who say to themselves, "Happiness is important for me, I want to pursue it," those individuals actually end up being less happy.

同时,我们也从艾里斯-莫斯和其他人的研究中得出,那些对自己说 "幸福对我很重要,我想追求它"的人,这些人实际上最终都不太幸福。

In fact, they're more likely to experience depression.

事实上,他们更有可能经历抑郁症。

So the paradox is that on the one hand, happiness is clearly a good thing.

因此,矛盾之处在于,一方面,幸福显然是一件好事。

On the other hand, valuing it as a good thing is problematic.

另一方面,把它作为一个好东西来看待是有问题的。

So what do we do?

那么我们该怎么做?

The way to resolve this paradox is that we pursue happiness indirectly.

解决这个悖论的方法是,我们间接地追求幸福。

Think about sunlight.

想一想太阳光。

So if I look at the sun directly, it's going to hurt my eyes.

因此,如果我直接看太阳,就会伤害我的眼睛。

However, if I break down sunlight into its elements, into its constituents, I can look at the colors of the rainbow.

然而,如果我把阳光分解成它的元素,分解成它的成分,我就能看一看彩虹的颜色。

So I'm indirectly looking at the sunlight, enjoying it, savoring it.

所以我是间接地看阳光,享受它,品味它。

In the same way, pursuing happiness directly can cause more harm than good.

以同样的方式,直接追求幸福会造成更多的伤害而不是好处。

But breaking it down into its elements can lead us to enjoy the indirect pursuit of happiness, and by extension, to raise our overall levels of happiness.

但是把它分解成各种元素,可以引导我们享受间接追求幸福的过程,进而提高我们整体的幸福水平。

What are the metaphorical colors of the rainbow when it comes to happiness?

谈到幸福,彩虹的隐喻颜色是什么?

Here we have what I've come to call the SPIRE model.

在这里,我们有一个我称之为SPIRE模型的东西。

And it can trigger the antifragile system.

它可以触发反脆弱系统。

SPIRE is an acronym that stands for spiritual, physical, intellectual, relational, and finally, emotional well-being.

SPIRE是一个缩写,代表着精神、身体、智力、关系,最后是情感幸福。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hardship ['hɑ:dʃip]

想一想再看

n. 艰难,困苦

联想记忆
rainbow ['reinbəu]

想一想再看

n. 彩虹
adj.五彩缤纷的

 
problematic [.prɔbli'mætik]

想一想再看

adj. 问题的,有疑问的

联想记忆
likelihood ['laiklihud]

想一想再看

n. 可能性

联想记忆
extension [iks'tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,延长,扩充,电话分机

联想记忆
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 
intellectual [.intil'ektʃuəl]

想一想再看

n. 知识份子,凭理智做事者
adj. 智力的

联想记忆
concept ['kɔnsept]

想一想再看

n. 概念,观念

 
iris ['airis]

想一想再看

n. 虹膜,鸢尾属植物,彩虹之女神

 
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。