手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

用病毒去抗衡耐药菌(中)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

On a daily basis I spend probably about four hours just maintaining my health.

每天,我大概要花四个小时来维持自己的健康。

And so how long do you have to be wearing your vest?

那么你要穿多长时间的背心呢?

Thirty minutes, it's on the highest setting right now, and even though it works, it still doesn't get everything.

30分钟,现在是最高设置,尽管它很有效,但它仍然不能在所有方面帮助你。

So what time do you have to be at the hospital tomorrow?

那么,你明天必须在什么时候到医院?

I have not been informed, about anything.

我还没有得到关于任何事情的通知。

Well from what Dr. Chan said, it seems like a pretty promising method of treatment.

从陈医生的说法来看,这似乎是一种很有前途的治疗方法。

Yeah, like, I'm excited for the phages 'cause I just really feel like they're gonna work for sure.

是的,就像我对噬菌体感到兴奋,因为我真的觉得它们肯定会有效。

But I'm really nervous as well because it's my last option.

但我也很紧张,因为这是我最后的选择。

Yeah, 'cause antibiotics don't work at all anymore.

是的,因为抗生素已经完全不起作用了。

So I really need these to work.

所以我真的需要这些药起作用。

Little bit nervous but I think I'm prepared.

有一点紧张,但我想我已经准备好了。

I hope I'm prepared.

我希望自己已经准备好了。

We're at the Dallas airport right now, and we're about to catch a flight to Lubbock, Texas so we can treat, um, Paige.

我们现在在达拉斯机场,即将赶上飞往德克萨斯州卢博克的航班,这样我们就可以治疗佩奇。

Tomorrow morning I'm most looking forward to meeting Paige actually, and then obviously, getting passed the treatment, um.

明天早上我最期待的是见到佩奇,通过治疗。

It's really just gonna be super simple.

这真的会是超级简单。

About three years ago, it was time to treat the Pseudomonas and I did a two week round of antibiotics and it didn't work.

大约三年前,在治疗假单胞菌的时候,我做了两周的抗生素治疗,但没有效果。

My lung function didn't go up from it, and my Pseudomonas didn't go away.

我的肺功能并没有因此而上升,我的假单胞菌也没有消失。

I couldn't even do things like take a shower by myself.

我甚至不能洗澡。

Whenever I lifted my arms up to wash my hair, I couldn't breathe, I would feel like I wanted to cry.

每当我抬起手臂洗头时,我都无法呼吸,我感觉想哭。

I needed help with absolutely everything.

我生活处处都需要别人的帮助。

To think that without the phages, that could be my normal life is extremely scary.

想到如果没有噬菌体,这可能变成我的日常,就非常可怕。

We're uh, fixin to do phages for Paige, for the first time.

我们正准备为佩奇做噬菌体,这是第一次做。

Since Dr. Canoe actually set everything in motion I guess it's only been seven months but, it seems a lot younger, so yeah.

自从卡诺伊博士真正启动一切以来,大概只有七个月的时间,似乎时间很短。

It's been a long time coming.

但这已经是一个漫长的过程了。

So we just want to make sure that you are aware this is experimental, it's not a proven scientific thing , okay?

所以我们只是想确保你知道这是实验性的,它不是一个被证实的科学东西,好吗?

This could be a game changer for Paige, ya know?

这可能会改变佩奇的游戏规则,你知道吗?

This could be the key to her living a normal life. Having children.

这可能是她过上正常生活的关键尝试。比如生孩子。

Uh, going on to do the things, you know, she's always wanted to do.

呃,继续做她一直想做的事情,你知道,她一直想做这些事情。

She could go far, but this disease has held her back.

她可以做更多,但这种疾病阻碍了她。

I discovered phages actually by hearing about it from my dad.

噬菌体实际上是从我父亲那里听说的。

Mr. Rogers brought this up to me and, after finding several articles on bacteriophage, I was able to share this information with Dr. Chan, which he very quickly came up with a cocktail of bacteriophage for her.

罗杰斯先生向我提出了这个问题,在找到几篇关于噬菌体的文章后,我能够与陈博士分享这些信息,他很快就为她想出了一套噬菌体的混合液。

Okay. Okay. We doing this? Alright, lay down.

好的。我们这样做吗? 好吧,躺下。

I don't know if it will all fit in there. 10 mils.

我不知道能不能全部装进去。10密尔。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
antibiotics [.æntibai'ɔtiks]

想一想再看

n. 抗生素,抗生学

 
informed [in'fɔ:md]

想一想再看

adj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,

 
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
promising ['prɔmisiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有希望的,有前途的

 
experimental [iks.peri'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 实验(性)的,试验(性)的

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。