手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

冬季一起玩寻宝游戏吧!

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi there!

大家好!

It’s an exciting day today: Squeaks and I are going on a scavenger hunt.

今天是激动人心的一天:我和吱吱要去玩寻宝游戏。

It is going to be a super special scavenger hunt today, Squeaks.

吱吱,今天将是一个超级特别的寻宝游戏。

We’re going to explore everything special about winter.

我们将探索关于冬天的一切特别之处。

Winter is a really unique season.

冬天是一个非常独特的季节。

In some places in the world, the weather is pretty similar year round, or it might go from dry to very wet and rainy.

在世界上的一些地方,全年的天气非常相似,或者天气变化很大,可能会从干燥到非常潮湿到多雨。

But in other places, like here at the Fort, winter brings a lot of changes to the weather and what’s going on outside.

但在其他地方,比如这里的沃斯堡,冬天天气变化很大,会给户外活动带来很多变化。

We don’t get as much sunlight, and there’s lots of cloudy days.

我们的冬天没有那么多的阳光,有很多阴天。

It gets very, very cold, and instead of rain, we might get snow.

天气变得非常非常冷,可能不会下雨,而是下雪。

The nights are longer, and it gets dark really early in the evening, and stays dark for some of the morning.

夜晚变长了,晚上很早就黑了,早上的时间里一直是黑的。

Yeah, winter does have a lot of changes compared to other times of year at the Fort.

是的,与一年中的其他时间相比,在沃斯堡,冬天确实有很多变化。

All of the things that live here have to change to survive.

所有生活在这里的东西都必须改变才能生存。

Squeaks, have you noticed what I’ve done to stay safe during our scavenger hunt today?

吱吱,你注意到今天寻宝游戏中我为了安全做了什么吗?

That’s right!

对的!

I’m wearing special clothes to keep myself warm while we’re outside, like a hat and a scarf.

我在室外穿着特殊的衣服保暖,比如帽子和围巾。

Actually, that’s the first thing on our scavenger hunt!

事实上,这是我们寻宝游戏的第一件事!

We can mark off “A Warm Hat”.

我们可以标出“一顶保暖帽”。

Let’s see what else we can find.

看看我们还能找到什么。

The first section of our scavenger hunt is Winter Weather Signs.

我们寻宝游戏的第一部分是冬季天气迹象。

We need to find some ice.

我们得找些冰。

This time of year, it gets cold enough near the Fort for water to freeze into ice, and there are lots of places to find it.

每年的这个时候,沃斯堡附近的气温会非常低,水会结冰,而且有很多地方可以找到冰。

Squeaks, do you see any ice?

吱吱,你看到冰了吗?

Oh nice!

哦,不错!

Look at that - there’s a puddle over there that's frozen!

你看,那边有个水坑冻住了!

There’s a good layer of ice over the top.

上面有一层厚厚的冰。

And there’s some frost on the windows of some of the nearby houses - that’s ice, too.

附近一些房子的窗户上结了霜——那也是冰。

Do you see any other ice, Squeaks?

吱吱,你看到其他冰了吗?

Whoa! Those are some really cool icicles.

哇! 这些冰柱真的很酷。

I love getting to see all the different forms ice can take in winter.

我喜欢观赏冰在冬天的各种形态。

Alright, we found ice, should we try another section?

好了,我们找到冰了,要不要再找找其他?

Okay, next we’re looking for some plants.

好,接下来我们要找一些植物。

We need to find a tree with bare branches, some dried flower stalks, and some crispy brown leaves.

我们得找棵树,上面有光秃秃的树枝,干枯的花茎,还有易碎的棕色叶子。

Oh, these plants aren’t all dead, Squeaks.

哦,吱吱,这些植物不是都死了。

Many of them are just dormant.

其中许多只是处于休眠状态。

Green, leafy plants have lots of water inside them.

绿色多叶植物体内有大量的水分。

They depend on water to grow.

他们依靠水来生长。

But if they stayed green and leafy during a cold winter, the water inside of them would freeze.

但如果它们在寒冷的冬天保持绿色和绿叶,他们体内的水会结冰。

Yes, like icicles.

是的,像冰柱。

That would really hurt the plants, so instead, many plants here drop their old leaves and seem dried up for winter.

这真的会伤害植物,所以,这里的许多植物会掉下它们的老叶子,似乎是为了冬天而干枯。

But there are some plants that stay green…

但也有一些植物可以保持绿色…

Yeah, we’re looking for an evergreen tree, too!

是的,我们也在找一棵常青树!

Most coniferous trees, trees with needles and cones instead of big leaves, are evergreen, meaning that they keep most of their needles and stay green even during cold winters.

大多数针叶树,长着针叶和球果,而非大叶子,是常青树,这意味着它们保留大部分针叶,即使在寒冷的冬天也保持绿色。

They are beautiful trees, aren’t they?

这些树很漂亮,不是吗?

An evergreen tree would also be a great place to search for some special signs of animals out in winter.

一棵常青树也是寻找一些动物在冬天外出的特殊迹象的好地方。

We can look for animal tracks in the snow, or chew marks from deer and rabbits on little twigs.

我们可以在雪地里寻找动物的足迹,或者在小树枝上寻找鹿和兔子的咀嚼痕迹。

We might find special birds that aren’t here in the warmer seasons, like snow buntings or rough-legged hawks, and birds that stick around all year might be easier to see, like chickadees.

我们可能会发现一些在温暖季节不会出现的特殊鸟类,比如雪鹀或粗腿鹰,还有一些全年都待在这里的鸟类,比如山雀,可能更容易看到。

Ooh, that’s a good question, Squeaks.

哦,吱吱,这是个好问题。

I don’t know if we’ll see many bugs today.

我不知道今天会不会有很多虫子。

Winter is too cold for most insects, spiders, and other bugs to be out and about.

冬天对大多数昆虫、蜘蛛和其他昆虫来说都太冷了,无法外出活动。

Some bugs will hibernate, and sleep tucked away safe for the winter.

一些虫子会冬眠,并在冬天安稳地睡觉。

Other little creatures have just hatched from eggs, but stay in egg sacs to stay warm through the colder months.

其他的小动物刚从蛋里孵化出来,但留在卵囊里保暖以度过寒冷的月份。

Looks like we’ll need to find some spider egg sacs to finish our scavenger hunt.

看来我们得找些蜘蛛卵囊来完成我们的寻宝游戏了。

Alright! There are so many great things to find out on a winter day.

好吧! 在冬天的日子里,有很多伟大的事情需要去发现。

Even though it might be colder and quieter outside, there’s still so many living things to explore, and a ton of amazing experiences that are only around this time of year.

尽管外面可能更冷、更安静,但仍然有很多生物值得探索,还有很多只有在一年中的这个时候才会发生的奇妙体验。

And you could do a winter scavenger hunt, too!

你也可以在冬天玩寻宝游戏!

You can use the one that Squeaks and I made by looking in this video’s description, or you can make your own!

你可以使用我和吱吱在这个视频的描述中制作的,或者你也可以自己制作!

You and a grown-up can walk around your neighborhood, and mark down special wintery things for people to find.

你和一个大人可以在家附近散步,记下一些特别的冬季用品,让人们去寻找。

Share your scavenger hunt with a friend, and see how many they can find.

与朋友分享你的寻宝游戏,看看他们能找到多少。

Squeaks and I are going to finish our own scavenger hunt.

我和吱吱要完成我们自己的寻宝游戏。

Are you ready, Squeaks?

吱吱,你准备好了吗?

Good luck, and have fun exploring winter!

祝你好运,享受探索冬天的乐趣吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spider ['spaidə]

想一想再看

n. 蜘蛛

 
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
tracks

想一想再看

n. 轨道(track的复数);磁道;轮胎

 
scarf [skɑ:f]

想一想再看

n. 围巾

联想记忆
chew [tʃu:]

想一想再看

vt. 咀嚼,嚼碎,损坏
vi. 咀嚼

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
hibernate ['haibəneit]

想一想再看

vi. 过冬,冬眠,避寒

 
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。