手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大咖访谈集 > 正文

两代女演员聊聊关于变老的那些事

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I have a few questions about getting older.

关于变老,我有几个问题想问。

I hope you could give me some advice.

希望你们能给我一些建议。

Not that you guys are old, you're just, you know, older than I am.

不是说你们老,只是说,你们比我年长。

Not that I'm young, not that that's better.

也不是说我很年轻,年轻就更好。

Have you seen TikTok? People are crazy.

你们看过TikTok吗?上面杠精特别多。

I feel like I ruined this.

我感觉我录毁了。

Can I get another take? No? Anyway.

我能再来一条吗?不行?那好吧。

Okay, if you could travel back in time and give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?

如果你能回到过去给年轻时的自己一条建议,你会说什么?

Also, would you make out with yourself?

还有,你会跟那时的自己亲热吗?

Like, would you be into that?

你会喜欢那个类型吗?

Have you had that sex dream?

有没有做过那种春梦?

Sorry, I know that was, like, seven questions.

抱歉,我知道我问了好几个问题。

I'm so nervous.

我太紧张了。

I think I would say wear sunscreen.

我觉得我会建议,涂防晒霜。

That would be the most essential distillation of the advice that I could come up with.

这是我能想到的最必要、最精华的建议了。

"No" is a complete sentence.

“不”是一个完整的句子。

Excellent, well, yours is much more evolved.

说得好,你的这个建议要高级很多。

Those are two things, if we could live by those, many more women would feel and know they were liberated.

如果我们能做到这两件事,很多女性都会感到并清楚自己被解放了。

What is the worst career advice that you've ever been given?

你得到过的最糟糕的职业建议是什么?

My very first director told me that I should have my jaw broken and my back teeth pulled out so I would not be so round-cheeked.

我的第一位导演告诉我,我应该去削骨,拔掉后槽牙,这样我的脸就不会那么圆了。

My first movie. That's what I was told.

这是我拍第一部电影的时候听到的建议。

Was that Vadim? Was that Barbarella?

是瓦迪姆吗?《太空英雌芭芭丽娜》那部片?

No, it was way before then. It was Josh Logan.

不,比那早多了。是乔舒亚·洛根。

Oh my God.

天呐。

It was way back then.

很早以前了。

Tell you to have your jaw broken.

叫你去削骨。

Yeah.

没错。

That just shows you the kind of ignorant advice that women are subjected to. (- That men can give you.)

从这件事里我们能看到女性听到的那种无知建议。(-男人可能会给你的建议。)

And she might have run directly to a surgeon, her jaw would be broken, she was ...

她有可能真的跑去找外科医生,削骨,她就会变成……

She would hardly be able to articulate a phrase.

她可能就会连话都说不了了。

She would not be the Jane Fonda we know today, who speaks out and expresses herself strongly, mightily, with conviction.

她也不会是我们今天认识的简·方达了,一个能够坚定有力地表达自己想法的她。

She would be a person who ... (- Had no teeth.)

她会变成一个……(-没有牙的人。)

So, everyone my age is anxious and depressed.

我们这个年纪的人都很焦虑抑郁。

Was it like that for you when you were 28?

你们28岁的时候也这样吗?

Or were you guys just better than us?

还是说你们当时状态比我们更好?

Of course, you're depressed!

你们当然会抑郁啦!

Look at the world we live in.

看看我们现在生活的这个世界。

There'd be something wrong with you if you weren't anxious and depressed.

如果你不焦虑抑郁,那才有问题。

What young heartthrob are you guys into right now?

你们现在喜欢哪个小鲜肉?

Timothee Chalamet.

提莫西·查拉梅。

He is a really, really good actor, but he's also ...

他是一位非常非常棒的演员,同时他还……

I mean, I kind of moon over him.

我有点迷恋他。

I do. What can I say?

真的。我也没办法。

No comment.

我不说啥了。

I don't blame you.

我不怪你。

I'm not proud at my age of mooning over Timothee Chalamet.

对于我这把年纪喜欢甜茶这件事我并不骄傲。

But, you know, how come Zendaya gets all the interesting guys anyway?

但是,赞达亚怎么能和这么多有意思的帅哥拍戏的?

I watched "Dune."

我看了《沙丘》

I'd like to have had that part.

我也想演那个角色。

So my new Netflix special is called "Look At You".

我的新网飞特别节目叫做《你看看你》。

My first Netflix special is called "Quarter-Life Crisis".

我的第一个网飞特别节目叫做《青年危机》。

Is there such a thing as a three-quarter-life crisis?

有没有所谓的中老年危机?

Basically, how many crises, crisises, crisisises should I be anticipating?

总的来说,我可能会经历多少段危机?

There's two crises for most women.

大多数女性会经历两段危机。

One is at puberty when suddenly becoming a woman becomes treacherous territory.

第一段是在青春期,突然间成长为一个女人就进入了一个危险的地带。

And for a whole lot of women, young girls, their voices go underground and they're all about pleasing.

对很多女性来说,尤其是年轻女孩,她们的声音从此消失,就只是讨好别人。

I know all about this.

这些我太清楚了。

I spent 80 years that way.

我有很多年都是那样。

And the second one is in your late forties when you don't know what's happening to you, you don't know who you are, and you think that it's everybody else's fault.

第二段是在你快要五十岁的时候,你不清楚自己发生了什么变化,不知道自己是谁,并且你看谁都不顺眼。

It's called perimenopause.

这个阶段叫更年期。

Not too many people warn you about it, but it's a time when you wanna really pay attention, find out what's going on with your body, do what you can to minimize the changes.

不会有很多人提前告诉你这些,但这个阶段是你需要重视的,搞清楚自己的身体在发生什么,做些事情来尽可能减少这些变化。

And then once you pass 50, it's apt to be the best part of your life.

然后一旦你过了50岁,生活最美好的阶段就开始了。

Are those statements backed by scientific evidence?

这些说法是有科学依据的吗?

Yes.

是的。

All right.

行吧。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
director [di'rektə, dai'rektə]

想一想再看

n. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
territory ['teritəri]

想一想再看

n. 领土,版图,领域,范围

联想记忆
surgeon ['sə:dʒən]

想一想再看

n. 外科医生

 
essential [i'senʃəl]

想一想再看

n. 要素,要点
adj. 必要的,重要的,本

联想记忆
dune [dju:n]

想一想再看

n. 沙丘

联想记忆
conviction [kən'vikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定罪,信服,坚信

联想记忆
pleasing ['pli:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人愉快的,讨人喜爱的 动词please的现在

 
distillation [.disti'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 蒸馏

 
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。