手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 环球慢速英语 > 正文

第885期:双相情感障碍(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Helen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Hello. I’m Rachel Hobson. And I’m Mike Procter.

你好。我是瑞秋·霍布森。我是迈克·普罗克特。

Welcome to Spotlight.

欢迎来到重点报道节目。

This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting.

本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。

It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.

以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。

“I was in the tenth year of school.

“我当时在学校读十年级。

I can remember being awake for days.

我还记得好几天都没睡。

And I was talking a lot.

我说了很多话。

My mind was working all the time.

我的大脑一直在工作。

My senses were completely alive.

我的感官完全清醒。

Life was beautiful.

生活真美好。

I had never felt so good.

我从来没有感觉这么好过。

Then things went wrong.

然后事情就出了差错。

I thought I was able to see ‘energy’ in the air.

我以为我能在空气中看到‘能量’。

It was real and I could touch it!

那是真的,我能摸到它!

I could see bright white and blue balls of energy.

我可以看到亮白色和蓝色的能量球。

They were floating around my room.

它们在我的房间里飘荡。

I tried to tell my friends about this.

我试着把这件事告诉我的朋友们。

But they did not believe me.

但他们不相信我。

I wore strange clothes.

我穿着奇怪的衣服。

I said strange words.

我说了些奇怪的话。

I did things without thinking.

我不假思索地做了一些事情。

I did not understand what was going on in my head.

我不明白我脑子里在想什么。

Neither did my friends or my teachers.

我的朋友和我的老师也不知道。

Then one day I could not stop crying.

然后有一天,我哭得停不下来。

The next day I felt sad and hurt.

第二天,我感到悲伤和受伤。

What had happened?

发生了什么事?

Where did my energy go?”

我的能量到哪里去了?”

These are the words of Juliet.

以上是朱丽叶的话。

She suffers from a serious medical sickness called bipolar disorder.

她患有一种名为双相情感障碍的严重疾病。

Bipolar disorder causes people to have intense emotions.

双相情感障碍会导致人们有强烈的情绪。

At times they can be very happy.

有时他们会很开心。

They have extreme amounts of energy.

他们会拥有极大的能量。

However, the energy is so great that their minds cannot rest.

然而,能量如此之大,以至于他们的大脑无法休息。

Often they do not sleep for days.

他们经常几天都不睡觉。

These times of intense energy are called manic periods.

这种精力旺盛的时期被称为躁狂期。

In fact another name for this sickness is manic depression.

事实上,这种疾病的另一个名字是躁郁症。

During a manic time people may start to believe things that are not true.

在躁狂期,人们可能会开始相信一些不真实的事情。

They may believe that they are a famous person.

他们可能会认为自己是个名人。

And they may believe that they can solve the world’s problems.

他们可能会认为,他们可以解决世界上的问题。

Or they could have frightening thoughts.

或者他们可能会有可怕的想法。

They may believe that other people are trying to hurt them.

他们可能会认为其他人在试图伤害他们。

Some people even think that their family members want to kill them.

有些人甚至认为他们的家人想杀了他们。

This ‘energy’ can be frightening.

这种“能量”可能会很可怕。

But it does have a good side.

但它也有好的一面。

People say that it gives them creative ideas.

人们说,这帮助他们产生创造性的想法。

These ideas help them with their work.

这些想法有助于他们的工作。

In fact many artists and actors have bipolar disorder.

事实上,许多艺术家和演员都患有躁郁症。

Some of these artists believe that bipolar disorder makes them creative.

这些艺术家中的一些人认为双相情感障碍使他们具有创造力。

译文属可原创,仅供流使用,未经许可请转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
disorder [dis'ɔ:də]

想一想再看

n. 杂乱,混乱
vt. 扰乱

联想记忆
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。