手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 跟孟叔一起朗读英语美文 > 正文

第348期:《向爸爸买一个小时》

来源:喜马拉雅 编辑:Villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

英语美文朗读《向爸爸买一个小时》

To buy an hour from father

向爸爸买一个小时

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

一个人工作到很晚,带着疲惫与愤怒回到家里,却发现5岁大的儿子正在门口等他。

"Daddy. May l ask you a question?'

爸爸,我可以问你一个问题吗?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man.

“当然,什么问题?”

"Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

爸爸,你一个小时赚多少钱?"

"That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

“这不关你的事。怎么问这样一个问题?"父亲生气地说道。

"I just want to know. Please tell me how much do you make an hour?"pleaded the little boy.

“我只是想知道,请告诉我吧,你一个小时赚多少钱?"小男孩乞求地说。

"lf you must know,I make $20 an hour!'

真想知道就告诉你吧,我一小时赚20美元。”

"Oh," the little boy replied with his head down.Looking up he said"Daddy may I please borrow $10?"

“噢,”男孩说着,低下了头。接着,他抬起头来问:"爸爸,我可以借你10美元钱吗?"

1024.jpg

The father was furious "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense

父亲生气了:“如果你问这个问题,只是为了借钱买无聊的玩具或其他没用的东西

then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed.Think about why you are being so selfish.I work hard everyday for this childish behavior."

那就赶紧回你的房间睡觉去。想想你怎么会这么自私。我每天工作这么辛苦,得到的竟是这样幼稚愚蠢的举动。

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.

小男孩静静地走进自己的房间,关上了门。这个人坐下后,更加为这个男孩的问题生气了。

How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so

这孩子怎么敢问这样的问题,就为了借些钱呢?大约过了一个小时,

the man had calmed down and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often.

他才平静下来了,开始想: 也许他真的需要这10美元买什么东西呢,他并不是经常要钱花。

The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

于是这个人走到小男孩的门口,打开了门。

"Are you asleep son?" He asked'

你睡了吗,孩子?"他问。

"No daddy, I'm awake" replied the boy

“没有呢,爸爸。我醒着,"男孩回答。

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man " It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you.

“我在想,可能刚才我对你太严厉了,” 父亲说,“经过漫长的一天,我把怒气都发到你身上了。

Here's the $10 you asked for."

这是你要的10美元。

The little boy sat straight up, smiling."Oh thank you daddy!" He yelled.

小男孩坐直了身子,笑了:“噢,谢谢爸爸!"他忍不住呼喊起来。

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The man seeing that the boy already had money started to get angry again.

接着,他伸手到枕头底下,拿出一把皱巴巴的钞票。

看到男孩已经有钱了,父亲又忍不住要发火。

The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.

小男孩慢慢地数着钱,然后抬头看着父亲。

"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.

“既然你已经有钱了,为什么还要更多钱?”父亲粗鲁地抱怨说。

"Because I didn't have enough but now l do"the little boy replied.

“因为我的钱不够,不过现在够了,”小男孩回答,

"Daddy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

“爸爸,我现在有20美元了,我可以买你一小时的时间吗?请你明天早点下班,我想和你一起吃晚饭。"


微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945


重点单词   查看全部解释    
counted [kaunt]

想一想再看

vt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计

 
aggravation [.ægrəv'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 更恶化,加厉,恼怒

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。