Dr. Jill, how was your vacation in Arizona?
吉尔博士,你在亚利桑那州的假期过得怎么样?
You said you were riding motorcycles in the desert.
你说过你在沙漠里骑摩托车。
Oh, John, it was great until I got some sand in my eye!
哦,约翰,在我的眼睛里进沙子之前,一切都很棒!
Ouch! That must have hurt, but it gives me an idea for what we can teach today.
哎呦!那一定很痛,但这让我想起了我们今天可以教的内容。
OK. I can't even guess.
好吧。我都猜不出来。
You said you got "some sand" in your eye.
你说你眼睛里进了“沙子”。
You used "some" because sand is a non-count noun.
你用了“some(一些)”,因为沙子是不可数名词。
That's right. In this case, I could have said, "I got a grain of sand in my eye," because even one little thing in your eye can hurt a lot.
没错。在这种情况下,我本可以说,“我的眼睛里进了一粒沙子”,因为即使是眼睛里进了一个小东西也会很痛。
What happened then? Did you get it out ok?
当时发生了什么?你把沙子弄出来了吗?
A biker riding with us gave me some water to wash out my eye. It was fine then.
一个和我们一起骑摩托车的人给了我一些水来冲洗我的眼睛。当时眼睛就好了。
That was another good example--You said "a biker" because you can count people.
又有一个很好的例子——你说“一个骑摩托车的人”,因为人是可数的。
And I said "some water" because you can't really count water--unless it's in something.
我说“一些水”,因为水是不可数的——除非你把水装在什么容器里。
Yes--water is a non-count noun. And so we use "some".
是的,水是一个不可数名词。所以我们用“some(一些)”。
We can only use "a" or "an" if we use a measure word or talk about the container it's in.
如果我们使用量词或谈论装它的容器,我们只能使用“a”或“an”。
That reminds me--we had some strange weather in Arizona.
这提醒了我——我们在亚利桑那州遇到了一些奇怪的天气。
Good--weather is a non-count noun, too.
好——天气也是一个不可数名词。
It wasn't good, John--there was a sandstorm!
天气不好,约翰——有沙尘暴!
We had to get off our motorcycles and hide in a cave.
我们不得不从摩托车上下来,躲到一个山洞里。
Wow, that's a great story, Dr. Jill!
哇,这是一个很棒的故事,吉尔博士!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。