手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

完美的运动量是多少?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So if you're sitting while watching this, right, for every five breaths you take, probably about one is paying for your brain.

如果你看这个视频的时候是在坐着,那么你每呼吸五次,就有一次是为了你的大脑。

Another is paying for your liver, you know.

一次是为了你的肝脏。

Another's paying for your muscles, and the other two are paying for all the other functions that are going on in your body.

一次是为了你的肌肉,另外两次是为了你身体中的其他功能。

But even now, I'm spending a fair amount of calories just existing.

但现在,我只是存在就消耗了不少的卡路里。

I spend about 3, 4, maybe 500, 450 calories a day just paying for my brain.

我每天要消耗三四五百,450卡路里,只为了让我的大脑保持运行。

My muscle, even if I'm not doing anything with my muscles, my muscles constantly require energy.

我的肌肉,即便我不用它做任何事情,它们也总是需要能量。

My gut is requiring energy.

我的肠道需要能量。

My kidneys require energy.

我的肾脏需要能量。

My liver is requiring energy.

我的肝脏需要能量。

My heart is requiring energy.

我的心脏需要能量。

So all of these processes are all adding up.

所有这些过程都叠加在一起。

Just existing is a fairly expensive prospect.

仅仅是存在着,代价就相当大。

And we have unusually expensive bodies, and a typical sort of human is spending about 1,300, 1,400, 1,500, 1,600 calories a day, just on all those basic processes, even if they're doing nothing else.

我们的身体非常昂贵,一个普通人即便什么也不做,他一天也需要花费1300,1400,1500,1600卡路里去维持基本的生命。

There are a lot of ways to quantify how physically active somebody is, right?

有很多方法可以量化一个人的体力活动程度,对吗?

A simple way of doing it is what's called the 'Physical Activity Level.'

一种简单的方法就是所谓的“体力活动水平”。

It's the total amount of energy you spend in a day divided by the energy you would spend just taking care of the most basic, essential functions of your body.

它是指你一天所消耗的总能量除以你在照顾身体最基本、最基础的功能上所花费的能量。”

If you're in bedrest in a hospital and, you know, lying in bed with just like a clicker for the TV, and you're doing absolutely nothing, not even digesting food, your physical activity level would be about a 1.2.

如果你躺在医院的病床上,只是躺在床上看电视,什么也不做,甚至连食物都不消化,你的体力活动水平大约是1.2。

And if you're like a Tour de France cyclist it would be above three.

如果你有着像环法自行车手那样的活动量,那么这个数值会大于3。

If you're kind of a desk worker it would be like 1.6.

如果你是一名办公室工作人员,那么它可能是1.6。

So it's kind of a way to compare individuals but also species because it's standardized by your body size, 'cause your body size essentially determines your 'Basal Metabolic Rate.'

所以,可以用这种方法来比较个体和物种,因为它是根据你的体型来标准化的,而你的体型基本决定了你的基础代谢率。

So, your basal metabolic rate is a really important number because it tells you, kind of just how much energy you're spending on just the essential maintenance of your body.

所以,你的基础代谢率非常重要,它能告诉你你为了维持身体的基本活动,需要花费多少能量。

And it turns out that a kind of typical, say adult male my size, spends about two thirds of his or her metabolism just on basal metabolic rates.

结果发现,比如像我这样体型的成年男性,仅在基础代谢率上,就花费了约三分之二的新陈代谢。

So I spend about 1,600 calories a day just existing.

所以我的存在每天需要消耗1600卡路里。

The fact that our bodies are so expensive helps explain why we tend to avoid unnecessary physical activity.

正是因为我们的存在代价昂贵,所以我们倾向于避免不必要的体育活动。

Until recently, energy used to be limited.

直到前不久,能量都非常有限。

It wasn't like 7-Elevens, or Dunkin' Donuts, or Whole Foods, or whatever your favorite place to get food is, right around the corner.

并不是随处可见711或Dunkin' Donuts,或Whole Foods,或任何你喜欢去吃饭的店面。

You know, if you wanted something to eat you had to go find it.

那时候,如果你想吃东西,你得自己去找。

You had to either hunt it, or gather it, or dig it up.

食物需要自己去猎杀、收集或挖掘。

And energy was limited.

而能量是有限的。

And when energy is limited, you have to engage in trade-offs, right?

而当能量有限时,你就得权衡利弊,对吧?

We think so much about exercise in terms of elite athletics.

从精英运动的角度来看,我们对锻炼的想法太多了。

You know, the fastest, the highest-jumping, the strongest etc.

最快、最高的跳跃,最强的等等。

And it's wonderful, right?

这很棒,对吧?

It's great entertainment, but that's actually kind of what it is, right?

这是一种很棒的娱乐,但它也就仅此而已了,对吧?

It's actually entertainment.

它其实就是娱乐。

The world's fastest runners are able to do, or the world's best basketball players are able to do, have almost nothing to do with what most of us do, right?

世界上跑得最快的人能够做到的事情,或者世界上最好的篮球运动员能够做到的事情,几乎与我们大多数人所做的事都无关,对吧?

And so we get this kind of, I think, sometimes a perverted idea about what's normal from elite athletics, because we're looking at the extremes, the best of the best of the best of the best of the best.

所以我觉得,有时候我们从精英运动员那里获取关于正常的认知,这种想法近乎扭曲,因为我们看到的都是极端情况,是精英中的精英。

These are people who've spent years of their lives training to do just one thing, and one thing really well, but that's not what most of us do.

这些人花了多年的时间去训练只做一件事,并且把它做到极致,但大多数人并不是这样的。

For the vast majority of people, what they're trying to figure out is how to just get enough exercise.

对于绝大多数人来说,他们只是想知道如何才能得到足够的锻炼。

And I think the important message that often is missed, is that if you're physically inactive and you're struggling to be more active, anything is better than nothing.

我认为经常被忽略的重要信息是,如果你身体不活跃,而你正在努力变得更活跃,那么做任何事情都比什么都不做好。

You don't need to, like, run marathons.

你不需要跑马拉松。

You don't need to do a couch to 5k.

你不需要一蹴而就。

You don't need to even do necessarily 150 minutes a week.

你甚至都不需要每周运动150分钟。

Even an hour a week will be better than nothing.

哪怕一周只运动一个小时也比什么都不做好。

There's no one perfect dose.

没有十全十美的运动量。

There's no one perfect type.

没有某种完美的运动类型。

And I think helping people understand that, I think relieves them of some of the stress.

我认为帮助人们理解这一点,可以减轻他们的思想压力。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unnecessary [ʌn'nesisəri]

想一想再看

adj. 不必要的,多余的

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 
engage [in'geidʒ]

想一想再看

v. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚

 
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
vast [vɑ:st]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,广阔的
n. 浩瀚的太

 
dose [dəus]

想一想再看

n. 剂量,一剂,一服
vt. 给 ... 服

 
quantify ['kwɔntifai]

想一想再看

v. 定量,表示份量,称量,量化

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。