Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔。
Let's explore how you might develop the skill of self-monitoring when working on individual sounds.
我们来探索一下如何在改善单个音素发音时培养自我监控的技能。
Imagine you are a scientist.
想象你是一名科学家。
You take a small sample of something and carefully examine it.
你取某物的一点样本,然后仔细检查。
Perhaps you are looking for something very small and specific.
也许你正在寻找一些非常小而具体的东西。
In the same way, you can take a small piece of English and focus on an individual sound.
同理,你可以选择一小段英文,专注于练习单个音素的发音。
Perhaps you have difficulty with the -er sound.
也许你发-er音有困难。
Take any sentence or paragraph from a story on our website, learningenglish.voanews.com.
从我们的网站learningenglish.voanews.com上的新闻中摘取任何一句话或一段话。
First read and listen to it, but pay special attention to the -er sound.
首先要读和听,但要特别注意-er的发音。
Let's listen to Bryan Lynn read a few lines from a recent science report.
让我们来听听布莱恩·林恩朗读最近一份科学报告中的几句话。
After you listen, record yourself reading the same passage.
听完后,录下自己读这段话的语音。
You can use a phone, a computer, or even a tape recorder.
你可以使用手机、电脑,甚至录音机。
Like this: "I hope we can image one of these outer moons close-up in the near future to better determine their origins," Sheppard added.
比如,谢泼德补充道:“我希望在不久的将来,我们可以近距离拍摄到其中一颗外部卫星,以便更好地确定它们的起源。”
Then compare yourself to the recording from our website.
然后将你自己的录音与我们网站上的录音进行比较。
Once again, pay careful attention to the -er sound.
再次强调,仔细注意听-er的发音。
Does it sound similar or different to what the native speaker said?
听起来和以英语为母语的人说的是相似还是不同?
If it sounds different, study how English speakers use their tongue and mouth to produce the sound you are working on.
如果听起来不一样,研究一下以英语为母语的人是如何用舌头和嘴巴发出你正在练习的音素的发音的。
Then repeat the process over again - listen, record, compare.
然后再重复这个过程——听、录、比较。
That's all for today! Keep up the good work!
今天就到这里吧!继续努力!