My mom is 84 years old and she's at home watching.
我妈妈84岁了,她正在家里看电视。
Mom, I just won an Oscar!
I was just like a normal kid when I was in Vietnam..
当我在越南的时候,我就是一个普通的孩子。
And all of a sudden my parents decided to flee Vietnam.
突然间,我父母决定逃离越南。
And I didn't understand why or, you know, what was happening.
我不明白为什么,也不知道发生了什么。
It was in the middle of the night where my dad and five of my other siblings escape on a boat.
那是在一个午夜,爸爸和我的五个兄弟姐妹乘船逃离。
We got to Hong Kong and all of a sudden I was in a refugee camp, surrounded with guards and and police officers.
我们到了香港,突然间我就在一个难民营里,周围都是警卫和警察。
And I was here for an entire year until we were granted political asylum.
我在这里待了整整一年,直到我们获得政治庇护。
And I got on a plane for the first time and landed in Los Angeles.
然后我第一次登上飞机,降落在洛杉矶。
And as fate would have it, four years later I landed a job in a movie called Indiana Jones which changed my life.
命中注定,四年后我在一部名为《夺宝奇兵》的电影中找到了一份工作,这部电影改变了我的生活。
And I didn't understand it until I was much older.
直到我长大了才明白。
And I realized that what my parents has done for us.
我意识到我父母为我们所做的一切。
And I always wanted to thank them for a long time.
很长一段时间以来,我一直想感谢他们。
But I grew up in a family where we just don't share that kind of emotions with each other.
但在我成长的家庭里,我们彼此之间不会分享那种情感。
And last night I wanted to do that publicly.
昨晚我想当众说出来。
I wanted the world to know how much my parents meant to me.
我想让全世界都知道我的父母对我有多重要。
So to be able to do that on the biggest stage, that felt amazing.
所以能在最大的舞台上这样做,感觉太棒了。