手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

一天走一万步够吗?(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The number actually came from when the first pedometer was invented in Japan before the 1960s Olympics.

实际上,这个数字来自20世纪60年代奥运会之前日本发明的第一个计步器。

In the board room, they were trying to decide what to call it.

在董事会会议室里,他们在商讨如何给它命名。

It turns out that 10,000 is a very auspicious number in Japan, and they thought it kind of sounded good, it seemed kind of reasonable, so they called it 10,000-step monitor- and that kind of stuck.

事实表明,在日本,一万是个很吉利的数字,他们觉得这个数字听起来很好,很有道理,于是他们把它叫做一万步监控器——这个名字就这样流传了下来。

Surprisingly, it turns out that 10,000 steps isn't actually a bad goal.

令人惊奇的是,一万步并不是个糟糕的目标。

If you actually look at what people in non-Western societies do, 10,000 steps isn't actually that far off.

如果你看看非西方社会的人们都在做什么,一万步就不算是个遥远的目标。

So, it's a perfectly reasonable goal to shoot for, but there's nothing, like, special about it.

所以它是个很合理的目标,但它并没有什么特别之处。

If you do 8,000 steps, that's fine; if you do 15,000 steps, that's fine.

如果你一天走上八千步,很好;如果你走上一万五千步,也很好。

The important thing is to be physically active because some is better than none, and a little bit more tends to be better than that.

重要的是要动起来,因为少量运动比不动好,多动一点又比少动好。

But you know, it's all good. There's no magical number.

但是无论哪种都是好的,并没有一个魔法数字。

It's not a U-shaped curve with a bottom on it, right, where it tells you what you should aim for.

它并不是个带有底部的U型曲线,会告诉你一个明确的目标。

That does not exist. I mean, every culture engages in sports, right?

不存在的。每种文化中都有运动,对吧?

It's a human universal. Sports are important.

这是人类的共性,运动很重要。

They may serve all kinds of functions.

它们有各种功能。

There's a lot of wonderful things about being on a team and especially when you're children, you learn good sportsmanship.

在团队中有很多美好的事情,尤其是当你还是孩子的时候,你会学到良好的体育精神。

If somebody scores a goal on you, it's not appropriate to bash them in the face, that sort of thing.

如果有人在你面前进球了,你不应该打他的脸之类的。

You learn hierarchies, you learn companionship, you learn how to cooperate.

你能学到等级制度,学到陪伴,学会如何合作。

But some sports also have another origin.

但有些运动还有其他起源。

It's not coincidental that a lot of the sports, for example, in the ancient Olympics, especially, were skills that were really important for warriors.

并不是巧合,特别是在古代奥运会上,很多运动都是对战士非常重要的技能。

You know, javelin throwing and chariot racing.

比如投掷标枪和战车比赛。

Well, we don't do chariot racing anymore.

现在已经没有战车比赛了。

Sprinting, wrestling, boxing, right?

短跑、摔跤、拳击,对吧?

These are all very kind of physically demanding sports that are kind of combat-related.

这些都是非常需要体力的运动,都与战斗有关。

Sports, I think, evolved also to help us learn not to be 'reactively aggressive'- sort of like an instant kind of non-planned aggression.

我认为,运动的进化也是为了帮助我们学会不要“反应性攻击”——有点像一种即时的非计划性攻击。

I mean, the extreme to me is tennis.

我觉得最极端的就是网球。

'You cannot be serious!'

‘不是吧!’

You're not even allowed to swear when you're playing tennis.

打网球的时候甚至都不能说脏话。

'We're not gonna have a point taken away because this guy is an incompetent fool. You know that? That's what he is.'

‘不能因为他是个无能的傻子,我们就要被扣掉一分。你知道吧,他就是个傻子。’

Road rage is a perfect example of reactive aggression.

路怒症是反应性攻击的典型例子。

'I'm walking here, I'm walking here. Up yours, you screwball!'

‘我在走路呢,我在走路呢,去你的,你个神经病!’

But there's also 'proactive aggression,' when you plan something, premeditate, you work it out in advance.

同时也存在‘主动性攻击’,你会计划一件事,提前预谋好,提前把它做好。

War is an example of a proactive aggression.

战争就是主动性攻击的例子。

Sports are also kind of proactive aggressions sometimes.

有时候运动也是主动性攻击。

It's perfectly acceptable to appropriately proactively aggressive, as long as you're within the rules.

只要你遵守规则,适当的主动性攻击是完全可以接受的。

And that's what humans excel at.

这一点人类很擅长。

We're better than most species at curbing reactive aggression, though not so often, but we are capable of extraordinary proactive aggression.

我们比多数物种都更擅长抑制反应性攻击,虽然并不是经常都能如此,但我们能够做出超凡的主动性攻击。

You know, every once in a while there's a mass shooting, and there's a kind of standard reaction.

时不时就会发生一场大型枪击案,人们总会做出标准性的反应。

Everyone says, "Oh my gosh, how could this person do this?

人人都会说“哦,天哪,他怎么会做出这种事?

I go to church with him, and whatever. Just a nice person, etc."

我还跟他一起去做过礼拜呢,是个好人呀,等等。”

But we're confusing reactive aggression with proactive aggression.

但我们弄混了反应性攻击和主动性攻击。

Hitler was a vegetarian, but of course one of the most proactively aggressive human beings who's ever lived.

希特勒是个素食主义者,但也是人类史上最具有主动性攻击的人。

We shouldn't confuse these two different kinds of aggression.

我们不应该把这两种攻击性弄混。

Our bodies weren't designed, they weren't engineered, they're not machines- they evolved.

我们的身体不是设计出来的,也不是建造出来的,它们不是机器——它们是进化而来的。

And so if you want to understand why our brains work the way they do, why our feet work the way they do, why we run, why our immune systems function the way they do, the only explanation for those types of questions is an evolutionary question.

所以如果你想知道我们的大脑为什么会这样工作,我们的脚为什么会这样走路,我们为什么会跑,我们的免疫系统为什么会这样运作,这些问题唯一的解释就是一个进化问题。

There's an old expression: "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."

有句老话:“若无演化之光,生物学毫无意义。”

I would say that nothing about human behavior makes sense except in the light of culture and anthropology, and we need to understand the cultural component to our behaviors as well.

我倒是想说,若无文化和人类学之光,人类的行为毫无意义,我们需要了解文化元素对我们行为的影响。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
incompetent [in'kɔmpitənt]

想一想再看

adj. 无能力的,不称职的,不能胜任的 n. 没有能力

联想记忆
immune [i'mju:n]

想一想再看

adj. 免除的,免疫的

 
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
confusing [kən'fju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现

 
cooperate [kəu'ɔpəreit]

想一想再看

vi. 合作,协力

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
aggressive [ə'gresiv]

想一想再看

adj. 侵略的,有进取心的,好斗的

联想记忆
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆
component [kəm'pəunənt]

想一想再看

n. 元件,组件,成份
adj. 组成的,构成

联想记忆
mass [mæs]

想一想再看

n. 块,大量,众多
adj. 群众的,大规模

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。