手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

如何识别聪明人?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Psych2Goers. Welcome back to the next video.

嗨,Psych2Go的观众。欢迎观看我们的视频。

Have you ever wondered how to tell if someone is smart?

你有没有想过如何判断一个人是否聪明?

Sometimes we think they look smart, or it's how they act, or how they do their job.

有时我们觉得有人看起来聪明,或是行为方式、工作方式很聪明。

But we can't see intelligence and we can't test it accurately, either.

但我们无法辨别智力,也无法准确地测试智力。

You don't have to be good at school to be smart.

你不一定在学校表现好就是聪明。

And there are two main things that make people smart.

有两件重要的事情能让人变得聪明。

They know they don't know everything, and they want to keep learning.

他们知道自己并不是什么都了解,他们想继续学习。

With that said, here are seven signs you may be intelligent and not know it.

尽管如此,这里有七个迹象表明你可能很聪明,但却不知道这一点。

Number one, you are curious.

第一,充满好奇。

One trait of intelligence is curiosity.

智慧的一个特点是好奇心。

Some people are motivated by money, fame, or prestige, but smart people wanna know more about something.

有些人的动力来自于金钱、名望或声望,但聪明人他们只是想了解更多事情。

According to a study by Goldsmiths University in London, learning affects your cognitive function and growth in a positive way.

根据伦敦金史密斯大学的一项研究,学习会以积极的方式影响你的认知功能和成长。

But it's not enough to learn something.

但光是学到点东西是不够的。

You have to be open to learning something new.

你必须对学习新事物持开放态度。

According to the Journal of Individual Differences, traits such as curiosity correlated with those who scored higher on IQ exams, even though IQ tests aren't all that accurate.

据《个体差异杂志》所言,好奇心等特质与智商考试得分较高的人相关,尽管智商测试并不完全准确。

Number two, you are open-minded.

第二,思想开明。

Like curiosity, open-mindedness is another trait intelligent people have in common, says a 2008 study from Yale.

耶鲁大学2008年的一项研究称,与好奇心一样,思想开明是聪明人的另一个共同特征。

Open-mindedness and intelligence refers to a willingness to see from different perspectives before making a judgment.

思想开明和智慧指的是在做出判断之前愿意从不同的角度看问题。

Seeing from different perspectives allows you to gather more information so that your final decision is well-informed.

从不同角度看待事物,你可以收集更多的信息,这样你的最终决定就会得到充分的信息。

Number three, you are messy.

第三,不拘小节。

Many people would assume that intelligent individuals are rigid and highly organized.

许多人会认为聪明人严格死板、办事仅仅有条。

While it may be the case for some, many intelligent folks are messy.

虽然对一些人来说可能是这样,但许多聪明人不拘小节。

But an aversion to tidiness doesn't mean you are intelligent.

但是,不喜欢整洁并不意味着你很聪明。

The reason messiness is linked to intelligence is that being messy provides ideas.

杂乱无章与智力联系在一起的原因是,杂乱无章能提供想法。

Putting things that appear dissimilar next to each, such as a tennis ball and a coffee pot, can offer you ideas that you might have not thought of before.

把看起来不一样的东西放在每个旁边,比如一个网球和一个咖啡壶,能给你一些你以前可能没有过的想法。

Number four, you are good with being by yourself.

第四,善于独处。

You are good with being by yourself Many people believe that smart people are introverts.

你善于独处,很多人认为聪明人是内向的人。

While this can be sometimes true, only some intelligent people are introverted.

虽然有时的确如此,但只有某些聪明人是内向的。

But regardless of your MBTI or degree of comfortableness around others, intelligent individuals are content with spending some time alone, which allows them to prioritize and to plan.

但无论你与他人相处的舒适度如何,聪明人都乐意花一些时间独处,这让他们能够确定优先事项并制定计划。

Number five, you talk to yourself.

第五,自言自语。

If you talk to yourself, don't worry about weird looks from others.

如果你自言自语,不要担心别人奇怪的眼神。

It just means you might be a bit smarter, as talking out loud to yourself can be a sign of intelligence.

这只是意味着你可能会更聪明一点,因为大声自言自语可能是聪明的标志。

A study by psychologists Paloma Mari-Beffa and Alexander Kirkham of Bangor University showed that talking to yourself denotes self-control, which is a form of intelligence.

班戈大学的心理学家Paloma Mari-Beffa和Alexander Kirkham的一项研究表明,与自己交谈意味着自我控制,而自我控制是一种智慧的表现。

We all have thoughts racing through our heads, so speaking them out loud helps to organize them and conveys measured concentration.

我们都有想法在脑海中飞驰的时候,大声说出来有助于将它们组织起来,并传达出有节制的注意力。

Number six, you are funny.

第六、风趣幽默。

Humor is a great intelligence indicator, because it's about understanding social events and distilling them into something that strikes a chord with the person hearing the joke.

幽默是一个很好的智力指标,因为它涉及理解社会事件并将其提炼成能引起听笑话者共鸣的东西。

A study from the University of New Mexico found that comedians and comics scored higher in verbal intelligence.

新墨西哥大学的一项研究发现,喜剧演员的语言智力得分更高。

Number seven, You are not convinced that you are intelligent.

第七,不认为自己聪明。

Lastly, many intelligent individuals are convinced that they are not that intelligent, mainly because they know they have much more to learn.

最后,许多聪明人确信他们没有那么聪明,主要是因为他们知道自己还有很多东西要学。

Whether you were able to find some of these traits in yourself or not, remember, we all have different types of intelligence and this isn't a fixed trait and it grows over time.

无论你是否能够在自己身上找到这些特征中的一些,记住,我们都有不同类型的智力,这不是一个固定的特征,它会随着时间的推移而增长。

Can you see yourself in any of these points?

你能在这些点上看到你自己吗?

Let us know in the comments and share this video with others who might like it.

请在评论中告诉我们,并与其他可能喜欢这个视屏的人分享。

As always, the references and studies used are listed in the description.

一如既往,所使用的参考文献和研究都列在说明框中。

Until next time, friends, take care and thanks for watching.

朋友们,下期视频见,照顾好自己,感谢观看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
willingness ['wiliŋnis]

想一想再看

n. 乐意,愿意

 
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
verbal ['və:bəl]

想一想再看

adj. 动词的,口头的,用言辞的,用文字的

 
dissimilar [di'similə]

想一想再看

adj. 不同的

联想记忆
cognitive ['kɔgnitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 认知的,认识的,有认识力的

 
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
rigid ['ridʒid]

想一想再看

adj. 僵硬的,刻板的,严格的

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
concentration [.kɔnsen'treiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 集中,专心,浓度

 
trait [treit]

想一想再看

n. 特点,特征,特性,一笔,少量

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。