Hi, John! I just want to thank you for helping me move into my new apartment over the weekend!
嗨,约翰!我想感谢你在周末帮我搬进了新公寓!
Hi, Faith! Did you get everything unpacked yet?
嗨,费思!你把所有东西都拆开了吗?
No, not yet. There are so many boxes, I just don't know where to start!
还没有。箱子太多了,我不知道从哪里开始!
Well, let me know if you need any more help.
如果你还需要帮助,尽管告诉我。
Are there any other ways to thank you?
还有别的方式来表达感谢你吗?
Sure there are!
当然有!
To express thanks, you can use another verb, "appreciate."
要表达感谢,你可以用另一个动词“appreciate”。
Appreciate means that you are thankful for them and their actions.
appreciate的意思是你感激他们和他们的行为。
You can use the structure: Subject + appreciate + object.
你可以用以下结构:主语+appreciate+宾语。
So, you could say, "I appreciate your help."
因此,你可以说,“我谢谢你的帮助。”
Awesome! And if I appreciate your help a lot, I can use an adverb like "really" or "truly" before the verb!
太棒了!如果我非常感谢你的帮助,我可以在这个动词前加副词“really”或“truly”!
I truly appreciate your help, John!
约翰,我真的很感谢你的帮助!
That's right, Faith.
没错,费思。
Another way you can express your thanks is to say, "You shouldn't have."
另一种表达感谢的方式是,“You shouldn't have(你真是太客气了)。”
This expression means that you were not expecting my help, but you are thankful.
这句话的意思是你没想到我会帮你,但你很感激。
Oh! Like this? "John, you shouldn't have helped me move into my new apartment!" Is that right?
噢!是像这样吗?“约翰,你本不该帮我搬进新公寓的!”对吗?
That's right!
没错!
Well John, I'm glad you were able to help me.
约翰,我很高兴你能帮我。
Let's end this with a quiz!
我们以一个小测验来结束今天的节目吧!
What adverbs can you add before the verb appreciate?
在动词“appreciate”之前可以加什么副词?
The answer is "really" or "truly".
答案是“really”或“truly”。
Now imagine that a friend gives you an unexpected gift.
现在想象一下,一个朋友给了你一份意想不到的礼物。
How can you express thanks with the modal "should"?
你如何用情态动词“should”来表达感谢呢?
The answer is this: You shouldn't have! You shouldn't have!
答案是:You shouldn't have(你真是太客气了)!You shouldn't have(你真是太客气了)!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。