Hey, John! How are you today?
嘿,约翰!你今天好吗?
I was doing fine until I realized my car has a flat tire.
我本来过得很好,直到我意识到我的车爆胎了。
Oh no, that's awful. I've had that happen before. Is there anything I can do?
哦,不,那太可怕了。我以前也遇到过这种情况。有什么我能做的吗?
Would you be able to pick me up from the mechanic tomorrow?
明天你能去修理工那里接我吗?
Of course, John! Hey, this reminds me of a grammar point!
当然可以,约翰!嘿,这让我想起了一个语法点!
Oh really? How?
哦,真的吗?
You just asked me for something! A polite request!
你刚刚请求我做某事!一个礼貌的请求!
I did! You used the modal verb "would" to create the request.
是的!你使用情态动词“would”来创建请求。
Modals verbs are used to express possibility, ability, necessity, and are used for requests!
情态动词用来表示可能性、能力、必要性,也用来表示请求!
Do you know how you can make it even more polite?
你知道如何才能让这句话更礼貌吗?
I do! I could have said "please" somewhere in the question!
我知道!我本可以在那个问句的某个地方说“请”!
That's right, John! You could have said, "Would you please be able pick me up from the mechanic tomorrow?"
没错,约翰!你本可以说,“你明天能去修理工那里接我吗?”
We don't always have to use please to make a request more polite, sometimes the modal verb is enough.
我们不必总是用“请”来使请求更礼貌,有时情态动词就足够了。
The modal verbs "would" or "could" are the most polite modals for requests.
情态动词“would”或“could”是表达请求的最礼貌的情态动词。
Other modals like "will" or "can" are still polite, but a little less formal.
其他情态动词,如“will”或“can”仍然是礼貌的,但稍微不那么正式。
You can also show your appreciation to make the request more polite.
你也可以表达你的感激之情,使得你的请求更礼貌。
So you could say, "I'd really appreciate the favor, Faith."
所以你可以说,“我真的很感激你的帮助,费斯。”
I'd really appreciate the ride, Faith. So would you mind picking me up?
我真的很感激你能载我一程,费斯。你介意来接我吗?
I'd be happy to, John!
我很乐意,约翰!
Let's end with a quiz.
我们以一个小测试结束吧。
Make a very polite request for someone to take you to the train station.
非常礼貌地请求某人送你去火车站。
Pause the video to consider your answer.
暂停视频来考虑你的答案。
Would you please be able to take me to the train station?
你能送我去火车站吗?
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。