Hi, Faith! An English learner named Luna wrote us a note.
嗨,费思!一位名叫露娜的英语学习者给我们写了个便条。
Hi, John! I saw that note, it was very moving.
嗨,约翰!我看到了那个便条,非常感人。
Let's give feedback on the first few lines:
让我们就前几句话给出反馈意见:
"My name is Luna. I was born in Seoul in South Korea.
“我叫露娜,我出生在韩国首尔。
I have heard that my parent was very delighted for getting their first child..."
我听说我的父母很高兴有了他们的第一个孩子……”
The first line is correct: "My name is Luna."
第一句话是正确的:“我叫露娜。”
The second line is correct, but it could also use a comma between the city name and the country.
第二句话是正确的,但也可以在城市名称和国家之间使用逗号。
The original sentence was: "I was born in Seoul in South Korea."
原来的句子是:“我出生在韩国首尔。”
We suggest the following: I was born in Seoul, South Korea.
我们的建议如下:我出生在韩国首尔。
The next sentence needs a small change in subject-verb agreement: "I have heard that my parent was very delighted for getting their first child."
接下来的一句话需要在主谓一致上稍微改动一下:“我听说我的父母很高兴有了他们的第一个孩子。”
We generally use the plural form "parents" and corresponding BE verb "were."
我们通常使用复数形式“parents”和相应的be动词“were”。
In other words: "my parents were very delighted..."
换句话说:“我的父母很高兴……”
Also, we use the structure "to have" when talking about children.
此外,当我们在谈到孩子时我们使用了“to have”这个结构。
So, we can update the sentence to say the following: I have heard that my parents were very delighted to have their first child. I have heard that my parents were very delighted to have their first child.
因此,我们可以把这句话更新为:我听说我的父母很高兴有了他们的第一个孩子。我听说我的父母很高兴有了他们的第一个孩子。
We hope that you enjoyed this feedback!
我们希望你喜欢这条反馈意见!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。