Hi, Faith! How are you doing today?
嗨,费思!今天过得怎么样?
I am not doing well today.
我今天过得不好。
My hamster, Persimmon, she passed away last night.
我的仓鼠,小柿子,她昨晚去世了。
Oh, I am heartbroken by this news, Faith.
哦,听到这个消息我很伤心,费思。
I know how much you love your furry friends.
我知道你有多爱你的毛茸茸的朋友。
Thank you so much, John. I appreciate it.
非常感谢你,约翰。我很感激。
When someone or something dies, we usually use the phrasal verb "pass away."
当某人或某物去世时,我们通常使用动词短语“pass away”。
We use this expression to talk about death in a more gentle and respectful way.
我们用这个短语来以一种更温和、充满敬意的方式谈论死亡。
To be heartbroken means that we feel sad or hopeless, almost like our heart hurts when something bad happens.
heartbroken的意思是我们感到悲伤或绝望,就像在发生糟糕的事情时我们的心很痛一样。
The sentence I used was in the passive voice.
我用的这个句子是被动语态。
I am heartbroken by this news.
听到这个消息我很伤心。
But we can change the sentence into the active voice by saying: This sad news breaks my heart.
但是我们可以把这个句子变成主动语态:This sad news breaks my heart.(这个消息令我很伤心)。
We can also say that we "miss" someone when they pass away.
我们也可以说,当某人去世时,我们“怀念”他们。
This means that you feel sad and wish that they were still with you.
意思是你感到悲伤,希望他们还在你身边。
We can use this verb when the person is alive, too.
当人还活着的时候,我们也可以用这个动词。
Your hamster will be missed, Faith.
我们会怀念你的仓鼠的,费思。
That sentence you said was in the passive voice and the future tense.
你刚才说的那句话用了被动语态和将来时。
To show that we currently miss someone, we can use the active voice by saying: "I miss Persimmon a lot."
为了表示我们目前想念某人,我们可以用主动语态说:“我很想念小柿子。”
Thank you so much for your kind words, John!
约翰,非常感谢你温暖的话语!
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。