手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > VOA慢速英语 > VOA名师答疑 > 正文

如何提高英语听力水平?(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Today we answer a question from Vietnam.

今天我们回答一个来自越南读者的问题。

How can I improve my English listening skill? – Nga, Vietnam

我怎样才能提高我的英语听力水平?——Nga,越南

Dear Nga,

亲爱的Nga,

First, thank you for writing and asking your question.

首先,感谢您的来信和提问。

It may help to know that there are three kinds of listening.

知道有三种听力可能会有帮助。

Most of our listening is done person-to-person or face-to-face.

我们的听力大多是面对面的。

You can see the other person and ask questions if you do not understand what is being said.

如果你听不懂对方在说什么,你可以看着对方并提出问题。

This is called interactive listening.

这就是互动听力。

At other times, one listens for information, like an announcement coming from a loud speaker at a train station.

在其他时候,人们倾听信息,就像火车站的扩音器里传来的通告。

What train is leaving now?

哪列火车现在开?

And from which train platform or gate?

哪个站台或是哪个门?

If you just hear the names of cities where the train will stop, you might have the information you need. This is selective listening.

如果你只是听到火车停靠城市的名字,你可能就有了你需要的信息。这是选择性听力。

Today we talk about these two forms of listening.

今天我们来谈谈这两种听力方式。

Next time we will talk about the third kind of listening, used in learning.

下次我们将讨论第三种听力,用于学习。

It is called intensive listening.

这叫做强化听力。

In face-to-face conversations, some things are helpful.

在面对面的交谈中,有些事情是有帮助的。

First, the person with the information you need is right in front of you.

首先,能给你提供你所需信息的人就在你面前。

You can ask the speaker to slow down or stop them and ask questions.

你可以让说话者慢下来,或者让他们停下来问问题。

If you do not understand, stop the other person and ask, "can you you explain this?"

如果你听不懂,就打断对方,问:"你能解释一下吗?"

You may ask, "would you please speak more slowly?"

你可能会问:"请你说慢一点好吗?"

When the other person finishes speaking, say what you think about the subject.

当对方说完后,说出你对这个话题的看法。

This will help to show the other person you understand.

这将有助于向对方展示你的理解。

When you need to get information from an announcement, think first of what you will hear.

当你需要从公告中获得信息时,首先考虑你将听到什么。

At a train station, the announcer often identifies the train by a number.

在火车站,广播员通常用数字来识别火车。

The announcer also says where the train is going, the platform it is leaving from, and the time it will leave.

广播员还说了火车的方向、离开的站台和时间。

The announcement may sound like this:

这个公告听起来可能是这样的:

"Train 849 to Washington is leaving from platform B2 at 10:00."

"开往华盛顿的849次列车将于10点从B2站台开出。"

Listen for the information you need.

听你需要的信息。

When you hear the city you want, listen carefully and you will probably hear the gate number.

当你听到你想要的城市,仔细听,你可能会听到门号。

And that's Ask a Teacher.

以上就是本期名师答疑节目的全部内容。

I'm Jill Robbins.

我是吉尔·罗宾斯。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
announcement [ə'naunsmənt]

想一想再看

n. 通知,发表,宣布

联想记忆
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆
selective [si'lektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 选择的,选择性的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。