手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > VOA慢速英语 > VOA名师答疑 > 正文

如何用英语继续对话?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

This week, we answer a question from a VOA listener who writes:

本周,我们来回答一位美国之音听众的问题,他写道:

I work with some native speakers of English.

我和一些以英语为母语的人一起工作。

I want to practice speaking with them so I improve my English.

我想和他们练习口语,这样我就能提高我的英语水平。

But sometimes, I get nervous, so our conversation ends quickly.

但有时我会紧张,所以我们的对话很快就结束了。

How can I talk with these friends for a longer time? -- VOA fan

我怎么能和这些朋友进行长时间交谈呢?– 美国之音粉丝

Dear VOA fan, You are right.

亲爱的美国之音粉丝,你说得对。

It is not always easy to keep a conversation going in English. You might not be sure about what to say. Or maybe you are afraid that your pronunciation is not good.

用英语进行对话不容易。你可能不知道该说什么。或者你可能担心你的发音不好。

First, remember the importance of listening. Listen to the other person carefully, so that you can ask a follow-up question. For example, let's say the other person tells you, "I just got back from a trip to Canada."

首先,请记住倾听非常重要。仔细听对方说话,这样你就可以提出后续的问题。例如,假设另一个人告诉你,“我刚从加拿大旅行回来。”

You can follow up with a question using Who, What, Where, When, Why, or How:

你可以使用谁、什么、哪里、何时、为什么或是如何来跟进这个问题:

Where did you go in Canada?

你去加拿大哪里了?

What was your favorite place there?

你最喜欢的地方是哪里?

How was the food there?

那里的食物怎么样?

If you want to keep a conversation going, it's a good idea to ask questions that cannot be answered with a simple ‘yes' or ‘no.'

如果你想让对话继续下去,最好问一些不能简单地用“是”或“不是”来回答的问题。

If the other person asks you a ‘yes' or ‘no' question, try to give a longer answer to help keep the conversation going.

如果对方问你一个“是”或“不是”的问题,试着给出一个更长的回答来帮助谈话继续下去。

For example, a friend might ask, "Hey, have you seen the new Star Wars movie?"

例如,一个朋友可能会问:“嘿,你看过新上映的《星球大战》电影了吗?”

You could just answer, "No, I haven't." Or, you could say more.

你可以这样回答:“不,我没有。”或者,你可以说得更多。

You could answer: "No, but I plan to see it soon. How about you?"

你可以这样回答:“没有,但我打算尽快去看。你呢?”

Do not worry about your pronunciation.

不要担心你的发音。

If your pronunciation is a little different, the other person will still understand your message if you try speaking slowly and clearly.

如果你的发音稍有不同,那就说慢点,说清楚点,对方还是能听懂你的意思。

When you are traveling in an English-speaking country and have some free time, be brave and speak in English with someone who does not look too busy.

当你到一个说英语的国家去旅行并有一些空闲时间时,要勇敢地用英语和看起来不太忙的人交谈。

You may make a new friend.

你可能会交到新朋友。

And that's Ask a Teacher.

以上是本期名师答疑的全部内容。

I'm Jill Robbins.

我是吉尔·罗宾斯。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
listener ['lisənə]

想一想再看

n. 听者,听众

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
pronunciation [prə.nʌnsi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发音

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。