21. Perhaps it is time to reexamine the idea that college degrees are a guarantee of intelligence.
22. A growing number of people are beginning to realize that wealth is not the sole prerequisite for happiness.
23. In spite of the extraordinary progress made in science and technology, problems remain in terms of guaranteeing that achievements benefit the greatest number of people.
24. A famous thinker once wrote that "the greatest threat to mankind is mankind itself!" If this is indeed the case , then the current situation should make us ponder our future existence .
25. U.S. President Harry Truman once remarked: "The buck stops here!" His view has been confirmed by numerous world leaders who have assumed full responsibility for their actions.
26. Large families were once seen as a blessing. Today, however, things are changing and an increasing number of Chinese parents realize that fewer is better.
27. People used to place total reliance on the government. The so-called "iron rice bowl" prevailed in the past, but things are quite different today.
28. Several years ago, Chinese streets were filled with people wearing identical drab clothing . Today , however , things are quite different and the streets are awash with people wearing fashionable bright colored outfits . Why has the change taken place?
29. Years of observing human behavior have enabled me to conclude that the major difference between mediocrity and success lies solely with the individual concerned. Successful individuals consistently seek advancement, while their less industrious contemporaries are merely content with the status quo.
30. Traditional way of thinking has changed dramatically. The pendulum has swung and people are exhibiting greater open-mindedness and a burning desire to determine their own destiny.