1. Effluent discharges of industrial wastewater and raw sewage into rivers , lakes and inshore coastal areas have not only adversely affected marine life and aquatic resources , but have also jeopardized one of the major necessities for sustaining life—Potable Water .
2. It will have a direct bearing on the matter under discussion.
3. Rapid economic growth may lead to an overextension of resources and lead to an eventual catastrophic meltdown.
4. The immediate results of economic growth have created the illusion of unending prosperity. The best approach at this particular time is to perhaps err on the side of caution.
5. The benefits of technology are undeniable. Nonetheless, the fact that technology often negates the need for human beings in the workplace deserves careful consideration and retraining programs for affected individuals must be introduced.
6. The lack of faith in government is the direct result of the prevailing distrust of politicians.
7. The advantages of harmonious relations far outweigh the disadvantages of confrontation .
8. Independence offers many advantages, the first and foremost of which is self-determination.
9. The contrast between right and wrong is highlighted by the benefits accruing from the former.
10. The most striking conclusion that can be reached when weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the market economy is quite frankly prosperity.