Conversation One
对话一
W: So Mike, you managed the innovation project at CucinTech.
女:迈克,你在CucinTech公司负责了一个创新项目。
M: I did indeed.
男:是的。
W: Well then, first, congratulations!
女:那么,首先,祝贺你!
It seems to have been very successful.
这个项目看起来很成功。
M: Thanks, yes. I really helped things turn around at CucinTech.
男:谢谢,是的。我真的帮助CucinTech扭转了局面。
W: Was the revival in their fortunes entirely due to strategic innovation?
女:CucinTech命运的逆转是否完全归功于战略创新?
M: Yes, yes I think it was. CucinTech was a company who were very much following the pack, doing what everyone else was doing, and getting rapidly left behind.
男:是的,我认为是这样的。CucinTech以前只是一味地随大流,重复别人的做法,所以很快就落在了其他公司的后面。
I could see there was a lot of talent there, and some great potential—particularly in their product development.
我看到公司有很多人才并且公司存在巨大的潜力——尤其是公司的产品研发。
I just have to harness that somehow.
我只是合理地利用了一下。
W: Was innovation at the core of the project?
女:这个项目的核心就是创新?
M: Absolutely. If it doesn't sound like too much of a cliche, our world is constantly changing, and it's changing quickly.
男:当然了。这听上去不太像陈词滥调,我们的世界在不断快速地变化。
We need to be innovating constantly to keep up with this.
我们需要不断创新,以跟上时代的步伐。
Stand still, and you're lost.
停滞不前就等于落后。
W: No stopping to sniff the roses?
女:难道都不能稍作停歇吗?
M: Well, I'll do that in my personal life, sure.
男:在我的个人生活中,我可能会稍作停歇。
But as a business strategy, I'm afraid there's no stopping.
但是在商业策略中,我恐怕是不能停歇的。
W: What exactly is strategic innovation then?
女:策略创新到底指的是什么?
M: Strategic innovation is the process of managing innovation, of making sure it takes place at all levels of the company, and that it's related to the company's overall strategy.
男:策略创新是管理创新的过程,要确保在公司里全面展开,策略创新还与公司的总体战略相关。
W: I see.
女:我明白了。
M: So, instead of innovation for innovation's sake and new products being created simply because the technology is there,
男:所以,不要为了创新而去创新,也不要仅依靠现有的科技去创造新产品。
the company culture must switch from these point-in-time innovations to a continuous pipeline of innovations from everywhere and everyone.
企业文化必须从短时创新转变成每个人都随时随地地创新。
W: How did you align strategies throughout the company?
女:你是如何加强整个公司的策略创新的?
M: I soon became aware that campaigning is useless.
男:我很快就意识到在公司倡导创新是没用的。
People take no notice. Simply it came about through good practice trickling down.
这不能引起人们的注意。只有良好的实践结果逐渐深入人心,人们才会接受它。
This built consent—people could see it was the best way to work.
这样人们就能达成一致——人们明白创新才是最好的工作方式。
W: Does innovation on this scale really give a competitive advantage?
女:创新真的能加强公司的竞争优势吗?
M: I am certain of it. Absolutely.
男:我对此非常确信。
Especially if it's difficult for a competitor to copy.
尤其是,当创新不容易被竞争者抄袭的时候。
The risk is, of course, that innovation may frequently lead to imitation.
当然,创新的风险是可能会经常被模仿。
W: But not if it's strategic?
女:但是如果是策略创新,那么就不容易被模仿了。
M: Precisely!
男:非常正确!
W: Thanks for talking to us.
女:非常感谢你接受我们的采访。
M: Sure.
男:不客气。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题1到4是基于刚刚所听到的那段录音。
Question1. What seems to have been very successful according to the woman speaker?
问题1:这位女士说什么是非常成功的?
Question2. What did the company lack before the man's scheme was implemented?
问题2:男士的计划实施之前,公司缺乏什么?
Question3. What does the man say he should do in his business?
问题3:男士说在商业领域他应该做的是什么?
Question4. What does the man say is the risk of innovation?
问题4:男士说创新的风险是什么?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载