手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 少儿英语 > 少儿英文读物 > 《伊索寓言》双语故事视频 > 正文

少儿双语视频故事《伊索寓言》第27期:农夫和他的儿子们

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
加载中..

The Farmer and his Sons 农夫和他的儿子们

Mr. Thompson has three sons, David, James, and Peter. He is a very diligent man. He works in his grape fields all day. But, his three sons are all very lazy. Mr. Thompson is always worried about them.
汤普森先生有三个儿子,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得。汤普森先生是个非常勤劳的人。他整天都在他的葡萄园里工作。但是,他那三个儿子却十分懒惰。汤普森先生总是为他们担心。

Farmer: David, can you help me in the field today? I need your help. I can’t work alone.
农夫:戴维,今天你可以到园子里来帮我吗?我需要你的帮助。那些活儿我一个人干不了。

David: But Father, it is too hot outside. I am too tired today. Besides, I am the eldest. Ask James to help you.
戴维:可是爸爸,外边太热了。我今天太累了。再说,我是老大。叫詹姆斯帮你吧。

Farmer: You are always tired, David.
农夫:你总是很累,戴维。

David lies down on his bed to rest. Mr. Thompson calls his second son, James.
戴维躺在他的床上休息。于是汤普森先生去叫他的第二个儿子,詹姆斯。

Farmer: James! What are you doing now? I need your help in the field today. I can’t work alone.
农夫:詹姆斯!你现在在做什么?今天我需要你到园子里来帮我。那些活儿我一个人干不了。

James: I’m sorry, Father. I’m busy today. I’ll help you tomorrow. Ask Peter.
詹姆斯:对不起,爸爸,我今天很忙。我明天再帮你。你叫彼得帮你吧。

Farmer: You are always busy, James.
农夫:你总是很忙,詹姆斯。

James pretends to be busy. Mr. Thompson calls Peter, his youngest son.
詹姆斯装出很忙的样子。汤普森先生只好去叫他最小的儿子,彼得。

Farmer: Hey, Peter! Are you busy now?
农夫:喂,彼得!你现在忙吗?

Peter: Not really, Father.
彼得:不太忙啊,爸爸。

Farmer: Are you going out somewhere today?
农夫:你今天要外出吗?

Peter: No, Father. Why do you ask?
彼得:不,爸爸。为什么要这么问呢?

Farmer: Well then, help me in the field. I need your help. I can’t work alone.
农夫:那么,你来园子里帮我干活吧!我需要你的帮助。我一个人忙不过来。

Peter makes up an excuse.
彼得也找了一个借口。

Peter: I would like to help you, Father. But I am not feeling well today. I have a headache.
彼得:我很想帮你,爸爸。可是我今天不太舒服,我头疼。

Farmer: Not again! The last time, you had a stomachache.
农夫:不会吧!上次你说你肚子疼。

Mr. Thompson goes out to the field alone in the hot sun. He works all day while his three sons do nothing. His neighbors see him.
汤普森先生顶着炎炎烈日独自到园子里去干活。他的三个儿子无所事事,而他却不得不整日工作。邻居们看到了汤普森先生。

Wife: Look, dear! It’s Mr. Thompson He is working alone again.
妻子:瞧,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生吗。他又在一个人干活。

Neighbor:Where are all his three sons?
邻居:他那三个儿子都去哪里了?

Wife: Didn’t you know, dear? They are the laziest boys in the world. They never work.
妻子:你难道不知道吗?亲爱的?他们是世界上最懒惰的人。他们从来不干活。

Neighbor:Really? That’s too bad. Poor Mr. Thompson.
邻居:真的?那可太惨了。可怜的汤普森先生。

Mr. Thompson worked hard all his life. Finally, he gets very sick and cannot work anymore. He is about to die.
汤普森先生一生辛勤工作。终于有一天,他病倒了,再也没法工作了。他快要死了。

Farmer: What will happen to my three sons after I die? They will starve to death for sure. How can I change them?
农夫:(呻吟)我那三个儿子怎么办在我死后?他们会饿死的。我怎么才能改变他们呢?

Mr. Thompson cannot stop worrying about his three sons even in bed. He thinks and thinks. An idea comes to his mind. He calls his three sons.
就算是躺在病床上,汤普森先生仍在不停地为他的三个儿子担心。他想了又想。突然,他想到了一个主意。于是他叫来了三个儿子。

Farmer: My dear sons, David, James, and Peter, I love you all. But I cannot live for long. So when I die, take care of my grape fields for me. That’s my last wish.
农夫:我亲爱的儿子们,戴维、詹姆斯、彼得,我爱你们。但是我已经活不了多久了。如果我死了,请为我照顾葡萄园。这是我最后的愿望。

David: But Father, I am not interested in grapes.
戴维:但是爸爸,我对葡萄不敢兴趣。

James: I don’t want to work under the sun all day, Father.
詹姆斯:我可不愿整天在太阳底下工作,爸爸。

Peter: I want to live in the city. I don’t even like grapes, Father.
彼得:我想住在城里。我甚至不喜欢葡萄,爸爸。

The three sons keep complaining, until Mr. Thompson tells them his secret
三个儿子不住地抱怨,直到汤普森先生说出他的秘密。

Farmer: But the three of you must keep the field. I buried some treasure there. Find it, dig it out, and share it together.
农夫:但是你们三个必须留在园子里。我在那里埋下了一些财宝。只要你们找到并挖出财宝,你们就可以拿去分了。

Sons: What did you say?
儿子们:你说什么?

The three sons cannot believe their ears.
三个儿子几乎不敢相信他们的耳朵。

David: Did you say treasure? When did you bury is, Father?
戴维:你是说有财宝?你什么时候埋的,爸爸?

James: Are there lots of gold and silver pieces inside?
詹姆斯:里面有很多金子、银子吗?

Peter: Those things are not important.
彼得:这些都不重要。 Sons: Then what is it? 儿子们:那什么才是重要的呢?

Peter: Where is it?
彼得:重要的是财宝埋在哪儿?

David: Peter is right. Where is the treasure buried, Father?
戴维:彼得说的对。你把财宝埋在哪儿了,爸爸?

Farmer: I’m sorry, my sons. It was so long ago. I do not remember. Just keep digging and you shall find it.
农夫:对不起,我的儿子们。那是很久以前的事情。我记不得了。不过只要你们不断地挖,你们一定会找到的。

Mr. Thompson dies a few days later. David, James, and Peter start digging for treasure the very next day.
几天以后,汤普森先生去世了。从第二天开始,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得就开始挖财宝。

Wife: Look, dear! Aren’t they Mr. Thompson’s boys?
妻子:你看,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生的儿子们吗?

Neighbor: I think so, dear. But they have changed. They are working so hard today.
邻居:我想是的,亲爱的。不过,他们变了。今天他们干得非常卖力。



Wife: I know. I can’t believe my eyes. Mr. Thompson would be really happy.
妻子:我看出来了,我真不敢相信自己的眼睛。汤普森先生一定会很开心的。

The three brothers dig and dig, but they cannot find any treasure.
三个兄弟挖呀挖,但是他们找不到任何财宝。

David: Where’s the treasure?
戴维:财宝在哪里?

James: Perhaps, there isn’t any treasure.
詹姆斯:也许这儿根本就没有财宝。

Peter: That can’t be. Father must have buried it very deep. Let’s dig deeper.
彼得:不可能,一定是爸爸把它埋的很深。我们再挖深点看看。

David: Peter may be right.
戴维:也许彼得说得对。

The three sons keep digging and working in the field for months. It is now fall.
三个儿子不断地在田里翻土,挖掘,忙活了好几个月。转眼之间到了秋天。

David: There is no treasure here.
戴维:根本没有什么财宝。

James: We dug up the whole field for nothing.
詹姆斯:我们挖遍了整个园子却一无所获。

Peter: But look, David and James! Our field is filled with ripe grapes.
彼得:但是,瞧啊,戴维,詹姆斯!我们的园子里长满了成熟的葡萄啊!

David: You are right!
戴维:对啊!

James: Let’s sell the grapes.
詹姆斯:我们把葡萄卖了吧。

The three brothers take the grapes to the market. Their grapes are the largest and sweetest among all the others. They become rich by selling the grapes.
三兄弟把葡萄运到市场上。在所有的葡萄里,他们的葡萄是最大、最甜的。因为卖了葡萄,他们变得很富有。

Peter: Now I know. Treasure is everywhere.
彼得:现在我知道了,财宝到处都可以找到。

David: Yes. If we work hard, we can always get it.
戴维:是呀,如果我们努力工作,我们总是能够收获财富的。

James: So that’s what Father was trying to tell us.
詹姆斯:所以,这就是爸爸想让我们明白的道理。

MORAL: Work hard and good fortune will always follow.
寓意:好运总是跟随者辛勤工作而来的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
diligent ['dilidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 勤奋的,用功的

 
fortune ['fɔ:tʃən]

想一想再看

n. 财产,命运,运气

 
starve [stɑ:v]

想一想再看

vi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死
vt. 使挨

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。