手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 初中英语 > 初中英语教程 > 沪教牛津(广州深圳)版初中英语 > 沪教牛津版初中英语九年级上册 > 正文

沪教牛津版初中英语(九年级上册):Unit2 More practice

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Einstein and the little girl

爱因斯坦和小女孩
One afternoon, Einstein was walking home from work.
一天下午,爱因斯坦下班步行回家。
At the same time, a 12-year-old girl was walking home from school.
与此同时,一个 12 岁的女孩从学校放学回家。
They were soon walking side by side.
他们很快就并排走了。
The girl looked at him curiously from time to time.
女孩时不时地好奇地打量他。
“Pardon me,” the girl said, “but you look just like Albert Einstein.”
“对不起,”姑娘说:“你看起来好像爱因斯坦。”
“That's because I am Albert Einstein!” Einstein said.
“那是因为我就是爱因斯坦!”爱因斯坦说。
“I don't believe you,” the girl said. “Everyone knows that Einstein is a genius.
“我不相信,”姑娘说:“谁都知道爱因斯坦是个天才。
- But you're wearing your sweater backwards, so you can't be very clever.”
- 但是你连毛衣都穿反了,所以你不可能很聪明。”
Einstein began to laugh. “You're the first person to be so honest with me, “he said to the girl.
爱因斯坦开始笑。“你是第一个对我这么诚实的人,”他对女孩说。
“it's a pleasure to hear someone tell me the truth about my look.”
“听到有人告诉我我真正的模样,真是件快乐的事。”
After that day, the girl often went to visit Einstein's house after school.
那天之后,女孩经常在放学以后,到爱因斯坦的家里去参观。
One afternoon, the girl's mother went to visit Einstein.
一天下午,女孩的母亲来拜访爱因斯坦。
She asked him why he spent so much time with her daughter.
她问他为什么肯花这么多时间带她的女儿。
“Our friendship is easy to explain,” Einstein said.
“我们的友谊很容易解释,”爱因斯坦说。
“Your daughter tells me the truth about my look and brings me cookies.
“你的女儿告诉我关于我样子的真相,并给我带来了饼干。
In return, I help her with her Maths homework.”
作为回报,我辅导她数学作业。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
genius ['dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

n. 天才,天赋

联想记忆
pardon ['pɑ:dn]

想一想再看

n. 原谅,赦免
vt. 宽恕,原谅

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。