手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 大学英语 > 大学教材听力 > 现代大学英语精读(第二版) > 现代大学英语精读(第2版)第二册 > 正文

现代大学英语精读(第2版)第二册:U16B The Last Word Was Love(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

"Where have you been?”

“你又去哪儿了?”
"I took a walk."
“我出去散步了。”
"A long walk?" "Yes."
“走了很远吗?”“是的。”
"Why?" "I wanted to be alone."
“为什么?”“我想一个人呆会儿。”
My mother waited a moment and then she said, "Why is your brother on his way to San Francisco?"
妈妈停了一会儿,然后说你哥哥为什么要去旧金山?”
"Because—" But I just couldn't tell her.
“因为——”但我不能告诉她。
"It's all right," she said. "Tell me."
“没关系,”她说,“告诉我。”
"Because you and Pop fight so much."
“因为你和爸爸总是吵架。”
"Fight? " "Yes."
“吵架?”“是的。”
"Do we?" my mother said.
“我们有吗?”我妈妈问。
"I don't know. Are you going to make him come home? Is Pop going to go and get him?" NO.
“我不知道。你们会把他找回来吗?爸爸是否会去找他?”“不。”
"Does he know?"
“爸爸知道这件事吗?”
"Yes. He told me."
“知道,是他告诉我的。”
"When?"
“什么时候?”
"Right after you ran off, and your brother began to walk to the depot. Your father saw the whole thing."
“就在你跑开之后,你哥哥出发去车站的时候,你爸爸看到了整件事情。”
"Didn't he want to stop him?"
“难道他不想阻止哥哥吗?”
"No. Now, go out and repair the raft."
“不,他不想。好了,现在出去修一下木筏吧。”
I worked hard every day and finished the raft in two weeks.
我每天都很努力地工作,终于在两周内完成了木筏。
One evening my father helped me get it onto a truck he'd hired.
一天晚上,爸爸帮我把它抬到了他租来的卡车上。
We drove to Kings River, launched it, and sailed down the river about twelve miles.
我们开车到了金斯河,把它放下水,并且在河上漂流了大约12英里。
My father brought a letter out of his pocket and read it out loud.
爸爸从口袋里拿出一封信并且大声地读了起来。
It was addressed to Dear Mother and Father.
信的称呼是亲爱的爸爸妈妈。
All it said was Ralph had found a job he liked, and was going to go to college when the fall semester began, and was well and happy.
信里写了拉尔夫找到了一份他喜欢的工作,并且他将在秋季学期开始自己的大学生活,他过得很好很开心之类的。
The last word of the letter was love.
信最后的落款是“爱你们的”。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。