手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中听力 > 高中英语人教版全三册 > 高中英语人教版第一册听力 > 正文

高中英语人教版第一册听力 Unit 17(附字幕)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Unit 17 Great women Reading
17单元 著名的妇女 阅读
ALONE IN ANTARCTICA
孤身闯南极
At 50,I was the first woman to travel alone to the North Pole.
我在50岁的时候成了独自一人去北极旅行的第一位妇女。
But what should I do to celebrate my sixtieth birthday?
可是,我应该做些什么来庆祝自己60岁的生日呢?
What else,but a journey at the opposite end of the world,Antarctica.
没有别的庆祝方式,只有去地球的另一端南极洲。
I began my almost400-mile journey on November 1st,1997.
1997年11月1日,我开始了将近200英里的旅行。
I walked and skied alone.My dog team were not with me to pull my sled.
我一个人步行,一个人滑雪。我的狗群没有跟我在一起为我拉雪撬。
Another journey of challenge and danger was about to begin.
另一个具有挑战性而且危险的旅程要开始了。
The first days the weather was very good.
起初的那几天天气很好。
The wind was icy but not very strong
虽然冷风刺骨,但风力不大,
and there was bright sunshine 24 hours a day.
而且一天24小时阳光明媚,
But changes were just around the corner.
但是变化悄然而至。
On the third day I was struggling through stormy weather
第三天,我与暴风雪天气奋战了一天,
and during the next week the wind grew stronger
接下来的一周里,暴风雪更猛烈了,
and I found myself spending a whole day in my tent.
我只好在帐篷里呆了一整天。
I had travelled only two hours one day
一天我刚行进了两个小时,
when the winds increased so much
狂风就骤然加大
that I had to put my tent up before the winds became too strong.
我只好支起帐篷,以防风太大无法支持下去。
Within a few minutes the winds increased to a howling storm
几分钟内,风便狂吼起来
that threatened to blow me and my tent away,but none of that happened.
像是要把我的帐篷一并掀翻。但什么也没有发生
On November twelfth the storm died down.
12月12日,风暴渐渐退去
It was my birthday and I wanted to make that day special.
那是我的生日,我想让它过得特别一些。
I thawed a frozen cake over my fire,placed a candle on the top,
我在火炉上把一块冰冻的蛋糕融解,在顶上插了一根蜡烛,
lit it,and sang"happy birthday to me" at the top of my voice.
点燃它,扯起嗓子唱起了"祝我生日快乐"。
A few days later,I was moving forward over a slope that seemed safe
几天以后,我滑过一个看似安全的斜面坡
when suddenly,without warning,my world dropped out from under my skis.
结果毫无警告,我雪橇下的大地突然不见了。
I had fallen into a hole and was hanging on the ropes tied to the sled.
我掉到一个大坑里,挂在了系在雪撬上的绳子上。
A piece of ice fell down and I never heard it land.
一个冰块掉下去,我一直也没有听到它落地的声音。
The bottom was a few hundred feet below.
坑底离地面有几百英尺深。
I used to practise self-rescue many times in the mountains where I live
在我居住的山上,我曾无数次地练过自救,这时我
and carefully began climbing out.
小心翼翼地往上爬。
It took a long time but I finally got out.
花了我很长的时间,我终于爬了出来。
I was thankful for all the training I had had.
我真感谢我接受过的所有训练。
I was in good health and all of my equipment was working well.
我身体良好,而且我的所有的设备运转正常。
I was so optimistic that I decided that the next day,
我如此乐观,以至我决定第二天,
the 22nd day of the expedition,I would increase my workday to 12 hours.
也就是这次远征的第22天,我要把每天的工作量增加到12小时。
The next morning I had a bad accident with the sled and hurt my leg.
第二天早晨我在雪撬上出了一次严重事故,摔伤了自己的腿。
I couldn't stand on my left leg and my head was woozy from hitting the ground
我的左腿不能站立,由于与地面碰撞,头晕目眩。
But I knew that I had to get up.Lying on the ice,I would soon die.
但我知道,我必须站起来如果我一直躺在冰天雪地里,我很快会冻死的。
I struggled to my knees,
于是我挣扎着站起来。
knowing that somehow,I had to put my tent up for shelter.
我心中明白无论如何我得支好帐篷避风,
On hands and knees I got the tent up and dragged my sleeping bag into the tent
我爬起来跪在地上终于撑起了帐篷,把睡袋拖了进去,
and lay down out of the cold wind.
躺在了抵挡寒风的帐子里。
I had to make a decision.
我必须做出决定。
Wait to get better or give up?
是等待情况好转还是绝然放弃?
I had to think of my family,which is very important to me,and do the right thing.
我必须考虑对我来说非常重要的我的家人,并做出正确的先择。
I did so without regret,
我这样做无怨无悔。
I had met the challenges of solo travel in an extreme climate.
我面对了在极限气候下单枪匹马旅行的挑战。
It is experience I shall never forget and shall value for the rest or my life.
这是一次我将终生难忘的经历,而且它对我的余生意味无穷。
重点单词   查看全部解释    
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
hardship ['hɑ:dʃip]

想一想再看

n. 艰难,困苦

联想记忆
creativity [.kri:ei'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 创造力,创造

联想记忆
inspiring [in'spaiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人振奋的,激励人的,鼓舞人心的

 
sled [sled]

想一想再看

n. 雪撬 v. 用撬搬运,乘撬

 
slope [sləup]

想一想再看

n. 倾斜,斜坡,斜面,斜线,斜率
vt. 使

 
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
universe ['ju:nivə:s]

想一想再看

n. 宇宙,万物,世界

联想记忆
communication [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信

 
candle ['kændl]

想一想再看

n. 蜡烛

 


关键字: 高中英语 人教版

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。