A: Hello? Operator. May I help you? 您好,总机,您要接哪里?
B: Hello. I'd like to make an international call to Australia. 您好,我要打一个通往澳大利亚的国际长途。
A: Actually, you can call direct from your room. 实际上,您可以直接从房间里拨的。
B: Oh, really? 是吗?
A: Yes, please have a try. 是的,请试一试吧。
B: I will. Could you tell me the country code for Australia? 好的,可以告诉我澳大利亚的国家代码是多少吗?
A: Sure. The code for Australia is 61, then dial the city code and the number. You have to start with the international code which is 010. 当然可以。澳大利亚的国家代码是61,然后拨城市代码和电话号码。您必须先拨打国际长途代码010.
B: I see. What time do the special rates apply? 知道了,什么时候可以享受优惠价?
A: It's between six in the evening and eight in the morning. 是从晚上六点到早上六点。
B: By the way, I wonder if I can charge this call to my hotel room. 顺便问一下,可不可以把电话费记在我的房间账上呢?
A: Of course, sir. May I know your name and your room number? 当然可以先生。请您告诉我您的姓名和房间号好吗?
B: This is John Cart in room 1210. 约翰卡特,1210房间。
A: OK, Mr. Cart, I'll inform the front desk clerk of the charge afterwards. 好的,卡特先生,过后我会把电话费告诉前台服务员的。
B: Thanks a lot. 多谢了。
A: That's all right. Bye. 不客气,再见。
B: Bye. 再见。
重点讲解:
international call 国际长途
IDD=international direct dialing 国际直拨电话
n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案