手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 行业英语口语 > 赖世雄旅游观光英语通 > 正文

赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第72期:无微不至的照顾 Mothering the Man

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Mothering the Man

无微不至的照顾

Kathy plays mother and nurse to Evan all day.

凯西一整天都对艾凡扮演着母亲和护士的角色。

K:Open up.

凯西:嘴张开

E:Now what are you giving me?

艾凡:你现在喂我吃什么?

K:It's good for you. They're just two aspirin tablets to keep your swollen glands down. They won't hurt you.

凯西:对你有好处的东西。只是两颗能让你的扁桃腺消肿的阿司匹林,不会伤害你的。

E:OK. Dr. Gustav was nice, wasn't she?

艾凡:好吧。葛斯特夫医生人很好,不是吗?

K:Yeah. She was sweet. And it hardly cost us anything. I love these old-fashioned doctors; you can just walk in their offices and see them.

凯西:没错。他人很好。而且看病几乎没有花我们什么钱。我喜欢这些老式的医生,你可以随时走进他们的诊所看病。

E:I'm sorry I can't accompany you out today.

艾凡:抱歉今天我没办法陪你出去。

K:Why? Where am I going?

凯西:为什么?我要去哪儿?

E:Well, you could go out shopping or to see a movie, or go out with some of the kids here at the hostel.

艾凡:嗯,你可以外出购物或去看场电影,或者和旅社这里的几位年轻人出去。

K:I'll do nothing of the sort. I'm staying right here with you until you get better. Mrs. Lindquist is making some special chicken soup for you right now, and I'm going to feed it to you.

凯西:这类的事我都不会去做的。我会待在你身边直到你好一点为止。林德奎斯特太太现在正为你炖特别的鸡汤,我会喂你喝的。

E:Good grief! Are you my mother?

艾凡:天啊!你是我妈妈吗?

K:No. I'm your friend. And I don't want anything more to happen to you.

凯西:不。我是你的朋友。而且我不希望你还会出别的事。

E:Kathy, you're an angel.

艾凡:凯西,你真是一位天使。

K:And you're sick. Now, take these tablets with this warm water!

凯西:而你是一条病虫。现在和着温水吞下这些药片吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
accompany [ə'kʌmpəni]

想一想再看

vt. 陪伴,伴随,给 ... 伴奏
vi.

联想记忆
grief [gri:f]

想一想再看

n. 悲痛,忧伤

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。