In this lesson, we will see some key words and phrases you can use when disagreeing with people in a polite way.
这节课,我们会看到当婉拒别人时你能用到的单词和短语
Disagreeing with a co-worker
和同事意见不一致
Hurley: Hey Sawyer. I need a favor.
Hurley:嗨,索伊,我需要一点帮助
Sawyer: What is it Hurley?
Sawyer:赫尔利,是什么?
Hurley: I really have to visit my aunt tomorrow. Can you cover for me at the office?
Hurley:我明天要去拜访我姑妈,你能在办公室里帮我打点一下吗?
Sawyer: What exactly do you want me to do?
Sawyer:你到底想要我做什么?
Hurley: Just tell Mr. Locke that I had a fever or something.
Hurley:就告诉洛克先生我发烧了之类的话
Sawyer: Oh! I’m sorry Hurley. But I won’t be able to do that.
Swayer:哦,很抱歉,赫尔利,我不能够做那样的事
Hurley: Why’s that?
Hurley:那是为什么?
Sawyer: That would be a lie and I don’t think lying is the right thing to do. I’m sorry.
Sawyer:那是撒谎,我认为欺骗不是一件好事,很抱歉
Hurley: Maybe but don’t you think you’re overreacting here? It’d be just a white lie.
Hurley:也许,但你不认为你现在有点反应过度了吗?那是善意的谎言
Disagreeing with someone’s attitude
和别人意见不一致
Sawyer: Hey Jack. I wanted to talk to you about something.
Sawyer:嘿,杰克,我本想和你说一些事
Jack: Sure Sawyer. What is it?
Jack:当然,索伊,什么事?
Sawyer: Hurley told me that you said I’m an atheist. Why did you say that?
Sawyer:赫尔利告诉过我你说我是无神论者,你为什么说那?
Jack: Well, you never go to the church. I have never seen you pray so I assumed it was the case.
Jack:嗯,你从未去过教堂,我从未见到你祈祷,因此我猜想是那种情况
Sawyer: I understand where you’re coming from but you shouldn’t take things for granted. I believe in God. I just don’t believe in a religion. That doesn’t make me an atheist.
Sawyer:我知道你从哪里过来,但你不应该把一些事认为理所当然。我相信上帝,我只是不信教,这并不能让我成为一个无神论者
Jack: Oh! I’m sorry Sawyer. I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings. It was a casual discussion.
Jack:哦,对不起索伊,我希望那不会伤害到你感情,那只是随便讨论一下
Sawyer: It’s fine. I just wanted to clear it out.
Sawyer:没事,我只想澄清一下
Disagreeing with someone’s point of view
和别人观点不一致
Jack: I think Hurley lied when he said he had to visit his aunt and couldn’t come to work.
Jack:我觉得当赫尔利他说要去拜访他姑妈不能上班的时候撒谎了
Sawyer: Why would he do that?
Sawyer:他为什么要那样做?
Jack: I don’t know. Maybe he just wanted a leave and made up an excuse.
Jack:我不知道,他可能想请假而编出的一个借口
Sawyer: I don’t think so. Hurley would never do that . He’s a serious man.
Sawyer:我不这样认为,赫尔利从来不会那样做,他是一个严谨的人
Jack: That’s one way to look at it, but from my point of view I still don’t think it was true.
Jack:这是看待这件事的一种方式,但从我的角度来看,我仍然不认为这是真的。
Sawyer: Look, I’ve known Hurley for many years Jack. He never lies. I even know his aunt. You can check with her if you want it.
Swayer:听着,杰克,我们已经认识赫尔利很多年了,他从来不撒谎,我都认识他姑妈,如果你想你可以核实一下
Jack: No, that’s fine. If you trust him, that will be enough for me.
Jack:不了,没事了,如果你信任他,那对于我来说就足够了
Disagreeing with a friend
和朋友意见不一致
Ben: Hey Hurley! What’s up?
Ben:嘿,赫尔利,怎么了
Hurley: Nothing much. I’m taking my mom to a doctor.
Hurley:没什么太大的事,我要把我妈妈带到医生那去
Ben: Oh! I hope everything’s fine. Actually, I wanted to invite you to a party tonight.
Ben:希望一切都还好,实际上,我本想邀请你来参加今晚的派对
Hurley: Sorry dude! I’m really busy today. Once I get back from the hospital, I have to work some more.
Hurley:抱歉,伙计,我今天真的很忙,一旦我从医院回来,我还有更多的工作要做
Ben: Come on, Hurley. Life’s not only about work and responsibilities. You oughtta have some fun too.
Ben:来吧,赫尔利,生活不仅仅只是工作还有责任,你也应该娱乐一下。
Hurley: I’m sorry but I disagree. Work comes first. But thank you for the invitation. Maybe next time.
Hurley:对不起,我还是不同意,工作第一。非常感谢你的邀请,下次可能回去
Ben: That’s all right. Take care, man.
Ben:好吧,保重,伙计