日语 | 韩语 | 法语 | 西班牙语 | 可可地盘 | 手机版 | 可可培训
每日英语 | 练功房 | 网络学院 | 论坛 | 导航
   英语口语提高必读 | 测试:"摇钱树"怎么说?
·您现在的位置: 可可英语 >> 英语口语 >> 初级英语口语 >> 轻松美语会话 >> 正文
轻松美语会话 第1辑(mp3+文本):你能为国家做些什么
时间:2009-7-6 11:19:15  来源:可可英语  作者:echo  测测英语水平如何 | 挑生词: 

In your hands ,my fellow citizens,more than mine,will rest the final success or failure of our course .
同胞们,我们事业的最终成败,掌握在你们、而不是我的手里。
Since this country was founded ,each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty.
从这个国家开始建国之日起,每一代美国人都曾经被召唤去为祖国效忠。
The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe.
年轻的美国人响应了要他们服务的号召,他们的忠骨遍埋世界各地。
Now the trumpet summons us again not as a call to bear arms,though arms we need;
现在,召唤我们的号角又吹响了……不是号召我们拿起武器,虽然我们需要武器;
not as a call to battle,though embattled we are;but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle.
不是号召我们奔赴战场,虽然我们严阵以待;这号角声号召我们去承受那漫长的黎明前的战斗,
year in and year out ,rejoicing in hope .patient in tribulation ,a struggle against the common enemies of man:
年复一年,“在希望中欢欣,在苦难中忍耐”,
tyranny,poverty,disease,and war itself.
这是一场反对专制、贫穷、疾病和战争等人类共同敌人的战斗。
Can we forgeagainst these enemies a grand golbal alliance,
我们能否建立一个全球性联盟来对抗这些敌人,
North and South ,East and West that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind?
将东、西、南、北连在一起,以确保整个人类有更为丰硕的生活呢?
Will you join in that historic effort?
你们愿意加入到这一具有历史意义的行动中去吗?
In the long history of the world ,
在世界的漫长历史上,
only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger.
只有少数几代人能在自由面临极大危险的关头被赋予捍卫自由的任务。
I do not shrink from this responsibility;I welcome it.
在这一重任面前,我不退缩,我欢迎这一重任。
I do not belive that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation .
我认为,我们中间不会有人愿意同其他民族或另一代人调换位置。
The energy ,the faith ,the devotion ,which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it,
我们为这事业付出的精力、信念和献身精神将照耀我们的国家和为国效劳的人,
and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.
这一火焰发出的光芒将真正普照全世界。
And so my fellow Americans,ask not what your country can do for you ,ask what you can do for your country.
因此,美国同胞们,不要问你的国家能为你做些什么,而是问你自己能为你的国家做些什么。
My fellow citizens of the world ,ask not what America will do for you ,but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
世界各国的公民们,不要问美国会为你们做些什么,而是问我们一起能为人类自由做些什么。
Finally ,whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world ,
最后,不管你们是美国公民还是世界公民,
ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you.
请以我们向你们要求的奉献力量与牺牲的崇高标准来要求我们。
With a good conscience our only sure reward ,with history the final judge of our deeds,
问心无愧是我们唯一可靠的奖赏,历史将人为我们行为的最后裁判,
let us go forth to lead the land we love ,asking His blessing and His help,
让我们引导我们所挚爱的祖国奋勇前进。祈求上帝的祝福与帮助,
but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.
但是我们知道:在此世间,上帝的工作就必定是我们自己的工作。

听了本文的读者还听了
网友评论


最新英语口语
最新口语模仿
最新口语听写
最新口语课堂
最新资料下载
可可官方YY群:3265973,每周定期上课,欢迎大家加入 [注:非QQ群,请先下载安装YY工具 了解课程]
Copyright © 2005-2011 www.kekenet.com online services. All rights reserved.Security support by Safe.sh
沪ICP备05032650号
服务器安全 IT外包 服务器租用 dedicated server