手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 哈利波特 > 哈利波特与密室 > 正文

有声读物《哈利波特与密室》第13期:陋居(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Harry couldn’t believe it — he was free.

哈利不敢相信——他自由了。
He rolled down the window, the night air whipping his hair, and looked back at the shrinking rooftops of Privet Drive.
他摇下车窗,晚风拍打着他的头发,女贞路的屋顶在下面渐渐缩小,
Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley were all hanging, dumbstruck, out of Harry’s window.
弗农姨父、佩妮姨妈和达力还在窗口呆呆地探身望着。
“See you next summer!” Harry yelled.
“明年夏天见!”哈利喊道。
The Weasleys roared with laughter and Harry settled back in his seat, grinning from ear to ear.
韦斯莱兄弟哈哈大笑,哈利靠在椅背上,乐得合不拢嘴。
“Let Hedwig out,” he told Ron.
“把海德薇放出来吧,”他对罗恩说,
“She can fly behind us.
“它可以跟在我们后面飞。
She hasn’t had a chance to stretch her wings for ages.”
它好久没舒展翅膀了。”
George handed the hairpin to Ron and, a moment later, Hedwig soared joyfully out of the window to glide alongside them like a ghost.
乔治把发夹递给罗恩,一会儿,海德薇快乐地飞出了车窗,像幽灵一样在他们旁边滑翔。
“So — what’s the story, Harry?” said Ron impatiently. “What’s been happening?”
“可以告诉我们了吧,哈利?”罗恩迫不及待地问道,“到底发生了什么事情?”
Harry told them all about Dobby, the warning he’d given Harry and the fiasco of the violet pudding.
哈利原原本本地向他们讲了多比、它给哈利的警告、被摔得一塌糊涂的堇菜布丁。
There was a long, shocked silence when he had finished.
他讲完后,车里好长时间一片沉默。
“Very fishy,” said Fred finally.
“很可疑。”弗雷德终于说。
“Definitely dodgy,” agreed George.
“显然非常蹊跷,”乔治附和道,
“So he wouldn’t even tell you who’s supposed to be plotting all this stuff?”
“他甚至不肯告诉你是谁在策划这些?”
“I don’t think he could,” said Harry.
“我想他是不能说。”哈利说,
“I told you, every time he got close to letting something slip, he started banging his head against the wall.”
“我刚才说了,每次他快要吐露出什么时,就拿脑袋撞墙。”
He saw Fred and George look at each other.
他看到弗雷德和乔治对视了一下。
“What, you think he was lying to me?” said Harry.
“怎么,你们认为他是在骗我?”哈利说。
“Well,” said Fred, “put it this way — house-elves have got powerful magic of their own, but they can’t usually use it without their master’s permission.
“嗯,”弗雷德说,“这样说吧——家养小精灵的魔法也很了不得,但没有主人允许,他们一般不能使用魔法。
I reckon old Dobby was sent to stop you coming back to Hogwarts.
我想多比是被人派来阻止你回霍格沃茨的,
Someone’s idea of a joke.
有人想捉弄你。
Can you think of anyone at school with a grudge against you?”
你在学校有什么仇人吗?”
“Yes,” said Harry and Ron together, instantly.
“有。”哈利和罗恩马上同声说。
“Draco Malfoy,” Harry explained. “He hates me.”
“德拉科马尔福,”哈利解释说,“他恨我。”
“Draco Malfoy?” said George, turning around.
“德拉科马尔福?”乔治转过身说,
“Not Lucius Malfoy’s son?”
“是不是卢修斯马尔福的儿子?”
“Must be, it’s not a very common name, is it?” said Harry. “Why?”
“大概是,这个姓不常见,对吧?”哈利说,“怎么啦?”
“I’ve heard Dad talking about him,” said George.
“我听爸爸说起过他,”乔治说,
“He was a big supporter of You-Know-Who.”
“卢修斯马尔福是神秘人的死党。”
“And when You-Know-Who disappeared,” said Fred, craning around to look at Harry,
“神秘人消失后,”弗雷德扭头看着哈利说,
“Lucius Malfoy came back saying he’d never meant any of it. Load of dung —
“卢修斯马尔福回来说那事儿与他无关,这是鬼话——
Dad reckons he was right in You-Know-Who’s inner circle.”
爸爸猜他是神秘人的心腹。”
Harry had heard these rumors about Malfoy’s family before, and they didn’t surprise him at all.
哈利听到过关于马尔福家的这些传言,所以他一点儿也不觉得惊奇。
Malfoy made Dudley Dursley look like a kind, thoughtful, and sensitive boy.
和马尔福比起来,达力简直是个忠厚懂事的男孩。
“I don’t know whether the Malfoys own a house-elf. . . .” said Harry.
“我不知道马尔福家有没有小精灵……”哈利说。
“Well, whoever owns him will be an old wizarding family, and they’ll be rich,” said Fred.
“有小精灵的人家肯定是个古老的巫师家族,而且很富有。”弗雷德说。
“Yeah, Mum’s always wishing we had a house-elf to do the ironing,” said George.
“对,妈妈一直希望能有一个小精灵帮我们熨衣服,”乔治说,
“But all we’ve got is a lousy old ghoul in the attic and gnomes all over the garden.
“可是我们只有阁楼上那个讨厌的食尸鬼和满花园的地精。House-elves come with big old manors and castles and places like that;
小精灵是那种古老的大庄园和城堡里才有的,
you wouldn’t catch one in our house. . . .”
在我们家可找不到……”
Harry was silent. Judging by the fact that Draco Malfoy usually had the best of everything,
哈利沉默了。德拉科马尔福用的东西总是最高级的,
his family was rolling in wizard gold; he could just see Malfoy strutting around a large manor house.
他家有的是魔币。他能想象出马尔福在一所大庄园住宅里趾高气扬地走来走去,
Sending the family servant to stop Harry from going back to Hogwarts also sounded exactly like the sort of thing Malfoy would do.
派佣人去阻止哈利回霍格沃茨也很像是马尔福干的事情。
Had Harry been stupid to take Dobby seriously?
哈利把多比的话当真,是不是太傻了?
“I’m glad we came to get you, anyway,” said Ron.
“不管怎么说,我很高兴我们来接你。”罗恩说,
“I was getting really worried when you didn’t answer any of my letters.
“你一封信都不回,我真着急了。
I thought it was Errol’s fault at first —”
一开始我以为是埃罗尔出了问题——”
“Who’s Errol?”
“埃罗尔是谁?”
“Our owl. He’s ancient.
“我们的猫头鹰。它上了年纪了,
It wouldn’t be the first time he’d collapsed on a delivery.
以前送信时就累垮过。
So then I tried to borrow Hermes —”
所以我想借赫梅斯——”
“Who?” “The owl Mum and Dad bought Percy when he was made prefect,” said Fred from the front.
“谁?” “珀西当上了级长后,爸爸妈妈给他买的那只猫头鹰。”坐在前面的弗雷德说。
“But Percy wouldn’t lend him to me,” said Ron. “Said he needed him.”
“可珀西不肯借给我,”罗恩说,“说他自己要用。”
“Percy’s been acting very oddly this summer,” said George, frowning.
“珀西今年暑假非常古怪,”乔治皱着眉头说,
“And he has been sending a lot of letters and spending a load of time shut up in his room. . . .
“他发了好多信,还老一个人关在屋里……
I mean, there’s only so many times you can polish a prefect badge. . . .
我不明白,级长的徽章要擦那么多遍吗……
You’re driving too far west, Fred,” he added, pointing at a compass on the dashboard.
你向西开得太远了,弗雷德。”他指着仪表盘上的一个指南针说。
Fred twiddled the steering wheel.
弗雷德把方向盘转了转。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
badge [bædʒ]

想一想再看

n. 徽章,标记,正章,象征
vt. 授给 .

联想记忆
slip [slip]

想一想再看

v. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱
n. 滑倒,溜走

 
attic ['ætik]

想一想再看

n. 阁楼

联想记忆
acting ['æktiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出

 
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
violet ['vaiəlit]

想一想再看

n. 紫罗兰,紫色
adj. 紫色的

 
stretch [stretʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,张开
adj. 可伸缩的

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
permission [pə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同意,许可,允许

联想记忆
delivery [di'livəri]

想一想再看

n. 递送,交付,分娩

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。